World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Reminds me of some of the guys I work with in the trade. They complain about not having money, then they're going to the store for scratch-offs and taking weekends to Atlantic City.

Company we worked for, the boss would give nice bonuses every year around Thanksgiving. These guys were planning some way to spend it immediately every time.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm sorry but I have trouble taking a guy that makes upwards of $20k a month serious. Just go to the doctor and the dentist man.

What you're seeing is the impact of actual adult responsibilities (caring about your, "job") on a 28 year old manchild who seemingly dedicated his life to never having any.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
718.gif

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Seriously, people have to do this shit every day often times in jobs they hate for much less money for work harder than playing a video game. Maybe I am callous but I couldn’t care less about how difficult it is to eat ho-hos, drink Dr. Pepper and play WoW for mid six figures a year.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What really struck me was him saying he only sleeps 5 hours a day and all that shit.

That's what everyone here does too, working real jobs. The woe is me attitude is kind of despicable, and that's coming from someone that enjoys watching him.

The shit about using pliers to break off a tooth then going to stream.. I mean, dude I got a filling done friday and it took 20 minutes and without insurance it would've been a couple hundred bucks. The money he's pulling in he could probably pay a dentist to come to his hoarder house.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I do not take Asmongold's act at face value. I think everything he does is calculated and I think he's much smarter, and much more devious than he lets on. I think he's making that post and sounding dramatic so on his next stream the donations will come pouring the fuck in "Stay strong Asmon we love you man! You're the best!".

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Seriously, people have to do this shit every day often times in jobs they hate for much less money for work harder than playing a video game. Maybe I am callous but I couldn’t care less about how difficult it is to eat ho-hos, drink Dr. Pepper and play WoW for mid six figures a year.

Seriously. That dude cleared $1M last year at minimum.

But I do get part of it. You spent the last 13 years playing WOW all day everyday (he has 1450 days played on that warrior alone or close to it). You eat zebra cakes, slam Dr. Pepper and live in filth not giving a fuck. You get off on making youtube videos and shit that nobody cares about but for some reason you're a stellar Twitch TV personality with money and subs coming in like you never once believed would happen.

Now your neckbeard basement dwelling life has changed. You're 28, balding and all the soda and twinkies are catching up to you. You have other responsibilities like taking care of your parents rather than the other way around. On top of that you... actually give a shit about something for once in your life and you don't really know what to do. You have fans and supporters you feel responsible for.

I mean in his context its dumb because most of us reach this point in a much more natural, healthy and less cringey ass way. We also never reach such relatively large amounts of money so quickly.

The guy is going to just treat the stream like a 9-5 like the more successful streamers figure out. I mean, you want to be a night owl loser who sleeps in until 3PM but that's not where the money is and its unhealthy since they play both all day and all night when they're most comfortable.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe I'm getting old but I tried watching Asmongold and I turned that shit off after three minutes. Wasn't even him per se, it was the endless stream of nonsense in chat. It's like a worst of trade chat compilation with added smiley spam. I don't get how people enjoy watching this.

Kids these days, get off my lawn etc etc.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Maybe I'm getting old but I tried watching Asmongold and I turned that shit off after three minutes. Wasn't even him per se, it was the endless stream of nonsense in chat. It's like a worst of trade chat compilation with added smiley spam. I don't get how people enjoy watching this.

Kids these days, get off my lawn etc etc.

Twitch chat is a really weird thing. It's downright awesome when it comes to smaller streamers with chill close-knit communities, but anything above that and you get the equivalent of the entirety of social media all talking at once on one feed, but comprising of just gamers & younger people. And in Asmongold's case, you get the added "flavour" of the battlenet community.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Part of it is foreigners. You're getting the rif-raff from around the world, many of which not only have broken English, but who's communication is based heavily in emoticons.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Twitch chat is a really weird thing. It's downright awesome when it comes to smaller streamers with chill close-knit communities, but anything above that and you get the equivalent of the entirety of social media all talking at once on one feed, but comprising of just gamers & younger people. And in Asmongold's case, you get the added "flavour" of the battlenet community.

The few times I watch twitch I turn off the chat since I see no purpose of the spamming morons.

• 1Solidarity

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Fuck me, I could of bought that bundle for for $77 Bliz bucks and loaded 6 tokens back into my balance for $90 instead of just loading 6 months of time. What a bunch of dicksuckers. I wonder if I call and complain to customer service things will be fixed.

In addition, WoW players who have purchased the 180 Days Game Time service in the Shop within the past 30 days** or who are currently on a 6-month recurring subscription will receive the Dreadwake mount at no additional charge. Look for the gift icon in your Blizzard Battle.net desktop app to claim yours.***

Check your stuff.

• 1Like