World of Warcraft: Current Year

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I love his priority list to trying to get better. Vacuuming is definitely going to have a bigger impact on his health than eating a real meal and cutting back on the junk food/sugary drinks.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I guess they really are losing some subs if they are already doing a 6 month sub deal. I hope 8.1 is decent but I doubt it will be.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
BfA and losing subs at a faster pace than they ever expected would not be a shock to anyone. I mean everyone here knows the game was rushed and released in a beta state, the game while fundamentally the same just feels shitty without some polish. The class balancing and Azerite garbage with heavy swings just clinches it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I got a 6 mo subscription when BfA launched so I did indeed get gifted the Dreadwake on login just now.

Amusingly enough it doesnt count as a water-walking mount even though its an actual ship.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bought it almost instantly. I'm an addict and will probably play forever, so it was a no brainer for me.

Yup when I get home I am doing the same. I am just about out of wow tokens and was going to just go to sub fee again so its pretty much a no brainer. Get the normal 6 month at a time price discount and a mount thrown in sign me up.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I planned to just chill during this expansion, play it casually, none of the usual high end mythic burnout that I've done in the past. I just can't really get myself to login most of the time unless I'm truly and utterly bored, and usually I'll just run the CoA dailies and the emissary for the day(s) and then find myself not really moved to do much else. I blew a lot of my gold (which wasn't much anyway, just a few hundred K) on WoW tokens so maybe I can come back later if somehow they can make things fun.

• 1Solidarity

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Big mounts suck. They take up too much screen space. That little floaty disc is the best mount in the game because it's practically invisible.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'll probably buy it just because I'm never actually going to quit because I'm a fucking loser. Also I'm still mad I didn't get the Diablo mount, I know I'll be mad about this shit when the game is half competent in a year.

I have weird feelings about BFA right now. For the first time since like vanilla I enjoy the WORLD, it's just everything else I don't like. I'm not enjoying healing for the first time in 14 years, and I could just change to monk and be a god but I have so much effort and time put into my paladin that I feel like a fucking retard if I switch.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Been a pretty big supporter of this game for a long time now. Had every intention of keep chugging through mythic, but decided last night I can't do it. Too many shitty decisions by Blizzard. I know I'll return some day.. we all do eventually. I'll probably keep up with the thread. I'm just not hooked with this expansion at all, I feel I can't keep up, and don't like where the game is headed. Oh well, it was a good 2+ year solid run where I subbed the entire duration.
I unsubbed a few weeks ago (sadly it had just renewed prior to) and uninstalled it last night. I found that I was forcing myself to log on to do stuff and I just wasnt having fun this expansion. Might try out ESO but more likely finally start working through my backlog of single player RPGs (witcher 3, DQXI, DDOS2 etc..).

• 3Solidarity

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
My SO swapped from Holy Pal to Monk and it is a night and day difference, she's actually enjoying playing again. Holy Pal just feels weak and only real reason to bring one is for some of their toolkit and not necessarily for their heals. I feel you can't buff Holy Pal too much as then they'd just be really overpowered, but they kind of need something at this point.

Been enjoying slowly progressing through Mythic this time around (only 1/8M) and doing M+ with friends/guildies.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
When Diablo 3 was coming out you could buy a years sub and get this mount + a copy of D3. I didn't do it cause Cataclysm fucking SUCKED and I already bought Diablo

Tyrael's Charger

Holy shit I have that mount. What the fuck was I thinking when I bought an annual pass?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
They could have just, I don't know, left paladin exactly how it was. I'll even give them Aura of Sac being nerfed to not be the best raid heal in the game by 10x that's fine.

M+ is still enjoyable because I can use my entire toolkit at least but that's about it. I'd rather just quit than switch mains if I'm honest. Prot is fun though.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I unsubbed a few weeks ago (sadly it had just renewed prior to) and uninstalled it last night. I found that I was forcing myself to log on to do stuff and I just wasnt having fun this expansion. Might try out ESO but more likely finally start working through my backlog of single player RPGs (witcher 3, DQXI, DDOS2 etc..).
I found myself doing a lot I didn't enjoy, some of my least favorite features.

AP grind - somehow worse than legion

WQs - not my thing, but I felt compelled for rep and AP

Island expeditions - literally the shittiest feature I've ever seen added to the game. The fact people seem to enjoy them just proves my interests have diverted from the general public.

Rep grind - this is a really dated feature. Making it mandatory for neck ilvl is really dumb.

Azerite armor - what the FUCK

M+ changes - I find tyrannical/fort on +2 kind of lame, and maybe it's just me. There was some merit to running mid keys and they stripped that, probably so people wouldn't rush to 10s. I just don't like those affixes at low levels. The crap with the 3->1 drops in weekly chests. M+ isn't my favorite feature, although in theory I do like it. I wish chain running them wasn't equivalent to heroic raiding though.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users