World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Alright so island expeditions are absolutely the best way to level from 110-120.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
With my warlock I just got to 120, I did Legion Assaults to 111 since they're fast (you can fly and bang them out), then islands to 117 mostly. I did a bit of the Zandalar line and the outposts when they were available to mix it up. The final two levels after I got to 118 I just spammed random dungeons, since they give like 110k exp.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, islands give almost 72k exp and 150 AP per run on normal for alts, so really nice.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well I might have to cheese out my alts this way. Even so aren't you stuck having to do the story line bullshit for rep and crap?

So I ran a few of these and they are good xp and quick but holy shit are the boring as fuck. I might slit my wrist before 120 this way.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Island expeditions are great exp if you get a tank who can do massive pulls, and a healer able to keep up.

But, arena skirmish wins are probably the best exp/hr in the entire game, and you often get loot. Most of the time someone on the other team doesn't join and you get free wins. Spam Queing for skirms in between quest grinding is probably the best way to level in game. If you have a team of alts to queue with you're set.

I personally do a mix of bg, epic bg, skirmish, and the occasional random dungeon to burn rested and stay interested. You get like 70k exp for a bg loss, more for a win - especially the first win of the day in BG and epic bg

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
why the fuck are the doing connected realms?. I'm on Draenor, one of the highest pop servers on EU, and I can't do a simple wq because of people from other realms tagging on top of the lowest spawn rate in history. This is one of the most stupid things I've seen in a long time

Last edited:

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I like how people are using the revelation that 8.1 will feature a 'faction raid' as some evidence that Jaina will be a raidboss and defeated as part of the overall escalation. While its likely that the two raids will feature the respective fleets there's no freaking way they went through all the trouble of rehabilitating Jaina and made her a full fledged faction head just to turn around and gank her in 8.1.

It is, however, interesting in that they are doubling down on this whole stupid war plotline despite all evidence that its all orchestrated by N'Zoth and the Void Lords.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I like how people are using the revelation that 8.1 will feature a 'faction raid' as some evidence that Jaina will be a raidboss and defeated as part of the overall escalation. While its likely that the two raids will feature the respective fleets there's no freaking way they went through all the trouble of rehabilitating Jaina and made her a full fledged faction head just to turn around and gank her in 8.1.

It is, however, interesting in that they are doubling down on this whole stupid war plotline despite all evidence that its all orchestrated by N'Zoth and the Void Lords.
Ion literally said Jaina would be the last boss in the next raid. Whether we actually kill her or not, who knows. The Alliance face the Zandalar leader, I can't remember wtf his name is.

Cybsled

Jaina isn't going to die to some horde scrubs lol

Speaking of Horde, though, they datamined an event where Zuljin's spirit is trying to figure out who gave the suggestion that Sylvannis should be warchief. He doesn't remember it, the death loa denies it because she denies him souls anyways, the lich king denies it and tells you to GTFO before he adds you to the scourge, and the Valkyr queen denies it and tells you to GTFO. Zuljin resolves to try to correct Sylvannis' path vs. outright saying she needs to step down,.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Well I might have to cheese out my alts this way. Even so aren't you stuck having to do the story line bullshit for rep and crap?

So I ran a few of these and they are good xp and quick but holy shit are the boring as fuck. I might slit my wrist before 120 this way.

If you've done things already with another character, it unlocks the basic bullshit for all your other ones. You'll see the mission table has all the outpost upgrades you got with the Honorbound. You have access to King's Rest and Siege of Borealus as well. World Quests are available as soon as you hit 120, just talk to Nathanos (or the Alliance equivalent).

Faction is needed for recipes, vendor equipment, and certain quests...but if you don't care about that stuff so much, its not a big deal. Besides, World Quests will throw faction at you easily and Neutral/Friendly/Honored go retarded fast.

Also, keep in mind that those quests you avoided while leveling still give faction, so you can go do them later if you need them badly enough.

Khane

Island expeditions are great exp if you get a tank who can do massive pulls, and a healer able to keep up.

But, arena skirmish wins are probably the best exp/hr in the entire game, and you often get loot. Most of the time someone on the other team doesn't join and you get free wins. Spam Queing for skirms in between quest grinding is probably the best way to level in game. If you have a team of alts to queue with you're set.

I personally do a mix of bg, epic bg, skirmish, and the occasional random dungeon to burn rested and stay interested. You get like 70k exp for a bg loss, more for a win - especially the first win of the day in BG and epic bg

If you played your alt at all in Legion and they have even just Argus gear + good legendaries they can plow through island expeditions. You can finish them in ~5-10 mins and they give almost 1/4th of your entire exp bar per (at least at 113, no idea if exp it scales down later). You get exp for everything you kill in the island as well as a huge chunk for winning. And don't you need to actually win the arena skirm to get exp on top of waiting for queues? Esfand was trying to level via skirms in between quests at launch and it took him like 3 days to finally hit 120.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
They don't scale down in experience, but you need more per level and you still have to consider running out of rest bonus. It went from needing a few to like 10+ islands at higher levels. I think level 119 -> 120 was something like a grand total of 850k experience needed.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
1498473618775.png

qx6TEIU.jpg

• 5WTF
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Khane

Tanking is ruining this game. Having to look at a threat meter is fun, interesting gameplay. In case you didn't know staring at addons makes for a better gaming experience.

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just hit 110 and got to BFA. Legion feels like it was way more interesting storywise even though I haven't finished it. The way the BFA story is going I want everyone involved on both sides to die.