World of Warcraft: Current Year

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
For you 2 other pets nerds - because my googling is turning up nothing. I derped out and killed the 3 pets in the menagerie before taking the daily quest. So I take the Scrappin' quest and beat them again, but I get no credit. Log out and in, beat them 2 more times, nada. Known bug? Am I missing something obvious?
It happened to me a few times last week. I just waited for weekly reset. Seems like a bug.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
For the taunt reference though, prot paladin taunt has already existed like this since BFA launch. It is noticable when somebody else is taunting off of you, especially if they continue their dps rotation. Paladin does a shit ton of damage though so it's almost never an issue.

So basically bears and warriors are going to get fucked by this with raid tanking. It's a stupid change.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Esfand released another 3 hour podcast with vanilla devs, listening to it right now it's pretty good so far.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
For the taunt reference though, prot paladin taunt has already existed like this since BFA launch. It is noticable when somebody else is taunting off of you, especially if they continue their dps rotation. Paladin does a shit ton of damage though so it's almost never an issue.

So basically bears and warriors are going to get fucked by this with raid tanking. It's a stupid change.

This is actually exactly what I was thinking. As a DH, I can simply have a 5 pt Spirit Bomb ready after taunting to effectively ensure I will keep aggro. I already sit around a fair amount when tanking with druids & warriors since our threat is significantly higher than there's. This effectively just means that I can't do very much after these specific classes taunt, which is stupid.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I thought it would still put you at the top of the aggro table, just negating the bonus threat you got for the 3sec period?

I mean, yeah we'll have to use Tricks now, and i'm sure it'll be reverted eventually like they did in the past, but it doesn't mean Taunt is now a broken ability like some are phrasing it to be.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's not broken, it's just straight fucking retarded. It'll be completely fine. But they've done this like 3 different times and reverted it each time so why would they thing it'll work now? Especially with threat already being reduced?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finally decided to do some auctioning , and holy balls, TSM4 is terrible. I couldn't auction some shit in my bags because it wasn't part of a group? Wtf? Just run a scan, and let me post shit? Fuck!

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
When I last played tank taunt didn't generate any threat. It actually made mobs fixate on you for a specified amount of time and didn't change threat tables at all. Which is why you could do things like taunt then bop to not lose the mob. Most tanks have a couple of high threat abilities that should guarantee they keep it though it will be interesting to see how swaps work at first.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Unrelated to anything but I wish they would add very class-unique things back into the game. They kind of started to with legion and then by the end they were like "haha that was just a prank"

Like, paladins doing more damage to undead targets. (I'd even give you a fair balance in raids and disable that completely fine), but other simple shit like if Brewmaster it was impossible to get drunk on, so any boss like the brewfest boss or the that one brewery dungeon the drunk affects wouldn't touch you at all. Shit like that. Like.. an RPG I guess. Warlocks still sort of have it with enslave demon which is baller, but I want more dammit

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
When I last played tank taunt didn't generate any threat. It actually made mobs fixate on you for a specified amount of time and didn't change threat tables at all. Which is why you could do things like taunt then bop to not lose the mob. Most tanks have a couple of high threat abilities that should guarantee they keep it though it will be interesting to see how swaps work at first.
It's a dumb decision that makes no fucking sense. I'd really like to see the reasoning

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
So glad I swapped to hunter from tank at this point.

M+ looked like shit to tank this week before they fixed teeming on Friday night. Which still hasnt been addressed officially from blizzard. It's almost like this small indie company has the B team driving this train.

xzi

Mouthbreather
wait what did they fix? Because teeming has been absolutely fucking awful and I wasn't even going to complete a key this week

I literally just straight up stopped playing holy because of this week. (well, it's been a long time coming since prepatch)

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
They reduced the number of mobs in some packs on Friday night. But they have yet to address it or post anything about it.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
If you played your alt at all in Legion and they have even just Argus gear + good legendaries they can plow through island expeditions. You can finish them in ~5-10 mins and they give almost 1/4th of your entire exp bar per (at least at 113, no idea if exp it scales down later). You get exp for everything you kill in the island as well as a huge chunk for winning. And don't you need to actually win the arena skirm to get exp on top of waiting for queues? Esfand was trying to level via skirms in between quests at launch and it took him like 3 days to finally hit 120.

i bet this will be nerfed