World of Warcraft: Current Year

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think it depends on the fight, but I can agree in some situations that tanking can be the easiest of the roles to play. Hell, just considering last tier - sure there would be those annoying ass fights where the entire survival of the raid was dependant on the tanks doing their role almost perfectly (looking at you Aggramar), but a lot of those fights were a straight up snooze fest for me depending on what job I had (Varimathras? lol, MASH TAUNT).

Honestly, had the taunt change come by itself, prior to the threat/aggro nerfs they already did when BFA launched, I might not mind it so much, but ehhh nerfing both like this seems a bit much. We'll see how it works out though; i'm no stranger to managing threat via a meter if I have to, but I can totally understand how those not used to that could riot over this.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I just like filling bars. If someone dies it's usually connected to them fucking up a mechanic or someone standing next to them fucking up a mechanic. It's usually not my awful play that doomed an attempt.

That's what I tell myself at least.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Ret is extremely retard friendly in BFA. Very easy to play, pretty easy to put out numbers. Big support toolkit in m+ and pvp too. Only downside is you now have the slowest class in the game. (even slower than dks)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Resto is the jam for druids. Take feral affinity and your dps will be good enough to kill any quest stuff you need. The AoE dps can actually be stronger than boomkin and you have way more survivability while out questing. Sometimes if I get into a heroic with a good tank I can be number one dps too.
Oh really, now? Hell yea! Gonna give this a try then. Coming from DH, I wasn't sure I could handle the "slow" DPS style of a caster, so going Feral is pretty awesome.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The easiest role is the guy that shows up with no prep and gets told how to do the fight. The hardest one is the guy that shows up 100% week after week even when people randomly don't show up to raids without warning.

• 7Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 7 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Well, shit, we're a Heroic guild again. Grats on G'huun / H Taloc / H Mother tonight, bois, that was pretty damn well done.

• 11Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Molten Core Raider
the biggest concern I have with the threat changes on taunts is that now, the tank who was tanking is going to have to stop using the mechanics the classes used to mitigate the massive dot they have on them because they can no longer attack. no more deathstrike, no more shield slam trying to build ip, no more anything. just stand there watching your hp dwindle hoping the healers don't tunnel the new tank.

without that additional threat bonus for that few seconds, the lesser geared or less optimally tuned tank is going to be an even bigger burden.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Argarth

On the verandah
Well the full explanation is up, and it makes perfect sense to me now. Their timing & communication however is complete dogshit.
edit: Karma beat me :p

1537872780351.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I love how they aren't calling out specific classes as part of their "some classes need to use taunt on CD" line, and we all know they mean prot warriors and guardian druids.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Molten Core Raider
I think they also don't know what test means. I suspect then mean to say "we are going to change this, in the middle of a raid release, not tell anyone, watch the havoc it pays, pretend we are shocked it created chaos, and in the next AMA/blizzcon panel say they couldn't foresee the problems it would cause but they learned from their mistakes."

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Hmm across the board Arcane boost by 3%

I was actually doing pretty darn well in the damage department in Mythics / Island Expeditions etc. so this is a bit of a head scratcher... I mean its nice but I wonder why it was needed.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hmm across the board Arcane boost by 3%

I was actually doing pretty darn well in the damage department in Mythics / Island Expeditions etc. so this is a bit of a head scratcher... I mean its nice but I wonder why it was needed.
Don't forget to they nerfed a bunch of traits across the board

Qhue

Trump's Staff
At this point I'm only ever thinking about the traits that clearly so a specific thing. Like the one that gives you a damage shield every 30 seconds, clearly has a function and you can see it working.

Most of the others you can only tell they do something after you run a DPS analysis spreadsheet, which makes them useful but not especially fun.

Oh I see that they nerfed Explosive Echo by 35%... well fuck them right in the pooper.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Had a really good time in the raid yesterday. G'Huun is actually pretty fun.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
2nd wing of LFR Uldir is AIDS with like 80% of the trash from the real zones being a part of it. You still have to clear Zul's platform completely. Death Wish makes you stop at the edge though, you don't jump off lol.

There's some bugs coming out of the Timewalking dungeons too, some weirdness with the fights, and apparently if something warforges, it pops as lower ilvl than a normal piece.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
and apparently if something warforges, it pops as lower ilvl than a normal piece.

Working as intended. If you're lucky, you're actually UNLUCKY. BAM! Awesome design decision, someone pay me some megabux.

• 1Like