World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sort of obvious, but this personal loot system has really created a mess.

On most bosses, an player may have like 3-5 possible loots for their spec. Let's say one of these is a ring or cloak, both of which are eligible for all classes/specs. Boss dies, game randomly chooses a player for loot, that player has say a 1/4 chance of getting a ring/cloak. That never changes - every boss who's loot pool has rings and cloaks is going to week over week distribute a quarter of it's loot as rings and cloaks to your raid.

Guess we can just call this the 'strength 1 hander' conundrum. Guild has been clearing 5/8 heroic and mostly raid logging for 5ish weeks now. Problem is we're just swimming against a current of rings and cloaks - Mothers ring, Fetid cloak, Vectis cloak, Zek-Voz ring etc. Every raid we get usually 2-3 of each of these, and honestly from an ilvl standpoint were barely getting anywhere as a result.

Compared to the master loot system, the distribution of gear out of the mobs loot table is just totally jacked and it feels pretty lame tbh.

Last edited:

Morrow

Trakanon Raider

Yeah it sucks dick. I had 5 370 rings in my bags weeks ago, and yet still didn't have a weapon above 340. At least I was able to start giving those rings away, but a few of them I couldn't, even though I wasn't ever going to use them. Same thing happened with trinkets. I'm never going to DPS, so when a 370 dps trinket drops, it's a waste, and then a 375 dps trinket drops, it's a waste. I'm much happier giving a piece of loot to some stranger than I am having it wasted. At one point my Druid friend put his loot spec as Feral so that he might get one of the weapons I was after and could then trade it to me. Well, he got one alright, but, oh, wait, apparently it counts alternate specs as different, and since he didn't have a Feral weapon yet, he couldn't trade it. Lol.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
At one point my Druid friend put his loot spec as Feral so that he might get one of the weapons I was after and could then trade it to me. Well, he got one alright, but, oh, wait, apparently it counts alternate specs as different, and since he didn't have a Feral weapon yet, he couldn't trade it. Lol.
Well, that's the same mechanic that apparently caused all those weird-ass azerite cache reward shenanigans where people at 363 would see a 370 reward, and some at 371 would only have a 355...

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, my paladin got an Int-only mace while in prot loot spec as his only Arathi Rare drop last week. I was definitely annoyed by that.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, my paladin got an Int-only mace while in prot loot spec as his only Arathi Rare drop last week. I was definitely annoyed by that.

Arathi drops are weird.

It seems like they coded the drops from the warfront & rares to check your transmog tab to see what items you have unlocked. I ran all my alts (6) through the Warfront to gear them up. The first toon of each armor type, would not get dupe items until all armor pieces and 1 weapon slot, for their spec, had dropped. On subsequent alts, most noticeably on my second and third leather classes, I would start getting dupes and random spec items right away. I gave up on the DH after getting 2 bracers and then 3 legs in a row.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I don't understand what you think people were doing in old expansions that isn't available now. This expansion is literally legion without legos.

People are in to watching esports because you get a similar endorphin hit from watching someone succeed as you do from doing so yourself. It's why people watch all sports and esports. WoW geeks also have this incredible hero worship which Blizzard can't do much about. Look at the number of subs method got during the world first race. Why the fuck would anyone give them money? I give different guys my prime sub to collect weak auras and shit but no way I give those fags real money.
From Legion alone, collecting set bonuses, intentionally leveling up their artifact weapon, seeking out artifact appearances, order hall missions that were different for every class, and chasing the legendary carrots. I burned through the BfA content faster than any expansion, and I've literally not been playing nearly as often, either. I'm not really encouraged to do anything but try and get higher ilvl items.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider

On most bosses, an player may have like 3-5 possible loots for their spec. Let's say one of these is a ring or cloak, both of which are eligible for all classes/specs. Boss dies, game randomly chooses a player for loot, that player has say a 1/4 chance of getting a ring/cloak. That never changes - every boss who's loot pool has rings and cloaks is going to week over week distribute a quarter of it's loot as rings and cloaks to your raid.

Guess we can just call this the 'strength 1 hander' conundrum. Guild has been clearing 5/8 heroic and mostly raid logging for 5ish weeks now. Problem is we're just swimming against a current of rings and cloaks - Mothers ring, Fetid cloak, Vectis cloak, Zek-Voz ring etc. Every raid we get usually 2-3 of each of these, and honestly from an ilvl standpoint were barely getting anywhere as a result.

Compared to the master loot system, the distribution of gear out of the mobs loot table is just totally jacked and it feels pretty lame tbh.

Ya we got 4 rings when we killed MOTHER this week. We didn't even have anyone who wanted them. Was pretty fucking shitty.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From Legion alone, collecting set bonuses, intentionally leveling up their artifact weapon, seeking out artifact appearances, order hall missions that were different for every class, and chasing the legendary carrots. I burned through the BfA content faster than any expansion, and I've literally not been playing nearly as often, either. I'm not really encouraged to do anything but try and get higher ilvl items.
Set bonuses didn't come until Nighthold? Intentionally leveling your neck is the same as leveling an artifact. Seeking out artifact appearances is one thing I will agree on. I got all the non-pvp ones and enjoyed some of the goals that held. Order hall missions that were different based on class? You mean the class story quests or table missions? If it's class story quests, the plot quest lines for BFA seem longer to compensate.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Saw this on Reddit and had a good chuckle

Capture.JPG

• 4WTF
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Set bonuses didn't come until Nighthold? Intentionally leveling your neck is the same as leveling an artifact. Seeking out artifact appearances is one thing I will agree on. I got all the non-pvp ones and enjoyed some of the goals that held. Order hall missions that were different based on class? You mean the class story quests or table missions? If it's class story quests, the plot quest lines for BFA seem longer to compensate.
Leveling your neck isn't the same as leveling your weapon. The neck unlocks 3 small buffs (400-1500 dps until you unlock Laser Matrix, which is up to 2500 dps), 3 smaller buffs (we're talking 300-600dps), and 3 inconsequential buffs. And obtaining the AP necessary to unlock a small defensive bonus isn't very encouraging, nor is the menial 2 ilvl to the neck. The weapon had 10x that many unlocks. And the Order Hall quest lines for every class were intertwined with the overall story (though you could focus on it). The single story line in BFA isn't nearly as long, and if it appears so, that's only because it was locked behind reputation. The end of that quest sequence is about as pathetic as the weeklies given by Khadfag during TOS.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Leveling your neck isn't the same as leveling your weapon. The neck unlocks 3 small buffs (400-1500 dps until you unlock Laser Matrix, which is up to 2500 dps), 3 smaller buffs (we're talking 300-600dps), and 3 inconsequential buffs. And obtaining the AP necessary to unlock a small defensive bonus isn't very encouraging, nor is the menial 2 ilvl to the neck. The weapon had 10x that many unlocks. And the Order Hall quest lines for every class were intertwined with the overall story (though you could focus on it). The single story line in BFA isn't nearly as long, and if it appears so, that's only because it was locked behind reputation. The end of that quest sequence is about as pathetic as the weeklies given by Khadfag during TOS.
I loved the end of the alliance story. The end of the Horde story, even though it opened the raid, was kind of meh.

Back in Legion most people didn't give a shit about leveling their weapon. The gold traits were cool. You could usually run to the first one in a week or two at release (less after release) but my chaos strike getting .1% crit chance wasn't game altering or noticeable in the least.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone listening to the dev chat thing? Only caught a bit but apparently disc is way to strong and all the other healers need dialed back not resto shaman buffed? I need a bit of context on that.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone listening to the dev chat thing? Only caught a bit but apparently disc is way to strong and all the other healers need dialed back not resto shaman buffed? I need a bit of context on that.
There's not much context. They smoke crack. Lifting shaman up or nerfing everyone else has the same net result, it's just a stupid way to achieve that result.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
There's not much context. They smoke crack. Lifting shaman up or nerfing everyone else has the same net result, it's just a stupid way to achieve that result.
That level of stupidity shouldn’t surprise me. Is disc as op as he made it out to be? I thought it was just simpler not massivly better. Also correct me if I’m wrong I thought the big problem with healing shaman was just a number thing not even a kit thing I thought the kit was still really good

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I loved the end of the alliance story. The end of the Horde story, even though it opened the raid, was kind of meh.

Back in Legion most people didn't give a shit about leveling their weapon. The gold traits were cool. You could usually run to the first one in a week or two at release (less after release) but my chaos strike getting .1% crit chance wasn't game altering or noticeable in the least.
For Balance druid, the first point into your artifact weapon gave you an entirely new ability! Every point after that would give 6% crit on a spell, 5-7% damage on a spell, or a buff on secondary buffs that increased those spells further by 3 or 10%; gold traits that proc'd 104% spell damage, or 3% haste, or an AOE proc of 3% spell damage. And save for gold traits these stacked 3 times, 4 at the end of Legion. There were only 2 defensive traits, or 8 out of 39+ buffs. The big ones they added later on added 10% spell damage and 10% stamina. I was very visibly stronger each and every time I leveled my artifact weapon, and to say people didn't care about leveling it you are completely full of shit. The only time people didn't care about leveling it, was once you hit about 10+ Concordance, which was very late in the expansion.

You know what I get from leveling my Neck? 2 ilvl on the neck itself, about 20 stat points, and maybe a tier 3 unlock on an azerite piece, which is a shitty defensive. That is in no way comparable. Edit, furthermore, the initial traits don't make me feel powerful, they just make it so that I'm as strong as I need to do what little content there is.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yet another weekly QnA full of Ion Hazzikostas spewing lawyer speak and non-answers to the shitty cherry picked questions. Sigh.

• 1Solidarity

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

For Balance druid, the first point into your artifact weapon gave you an entirely new ability! Every point after that would give 6% crit on a spell, 5-7% damage on a spell, or a buff on secondary buffs that increased those spells further by 3 or 10%; gold traits that proc'd 104% spell damage, or 3% haste, or an AOE proc of 3% spell damage. And save for gold traits these stacked 3 times, 4 at the end of Legion. There were only 2 defensive traits, or 8 out of 39+ buffs. The big ones they added later on added 10% spell damage and 10% stamina. I was very visibly stronger each and every time I leveled my artifact weapon, and to say people didn't care about leveling it you are completely full of shit. The only time people didn't care about leveling it, was once you hit about 10+ Concordance, which was very late in the expansion.

You know what I get from leveling my Neck? 2 ilvl on the neck itself, about 20 stat points, and maybe a tier 3 unlock on an azerite piece, which is a shitty defensive. That is in no way comparable.
There was an equivalent to concordance early in the expansion, iirc it was called bonus trait or something. Most people were in it before Nighthold. If you weren't poopsocking but actively playing you had 2 gold traits in the first month. After that there wasn't much to look forward to. The first person to cap their level 20 "concordance" levels was December of release year. *shrug*

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Haha man, So this week my group of 5 people got 4 +9 Temple of Seth keys and 1 +9 Underrot. So fuck, we decide to do underrot, because god damn we all hate Seth, and we do it and fail... Key downgrades to a Temple of Seth +8.

So we say, well, Guess we are doing Temple ehhhh Bliz? And fuck me sideways, we complete the +9 with 30 seconds on the clock. Can't believe it, none of us Flasked or anything because we went in knowing it wasn't going to happen. Boom, cheering all around, loot our key and....

Temple of Seth +10.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Onoes, you can delete your keys and you will get a new, random key (seems to be able to get same key level or +/- 1 key level randomly) when you complete your next M+ dungeon.

• 1WTF

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

I set myself up for it by using my boost on Priest pre-launch when people were talking up how good the spec was but I'm going to be ever so sad if I get crushed in a patch because of what the game is like on the bleeding edge.