World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Oh, class halls. You could do that with every class. In BfA? One and done. Similar with artifact weapons, even within one class you had three different sets of missions for each weapon, all with interesting lore and background. All of which was expanded upon later in the expansion.

Coming into legion late gives a false sense of what that expansion was like, given they opened everything up for you once you hit 110. Even the base questing was more involved than BfA. I also appreciated being able to do 3 WQ's in a small area vs having to go to opposite ends of an area in BfA. Or simply farming WQ's, you could go from one to the next with little downtime and minimal flight path time. BfA a lot more time is spent traveling between each one. Also, diversity of objectives is also especially minimized. The Azerite WQ's in BfA are inconsequential. It takes so many more to level up your necklace compared to Concordance on your artifact weapon. Also WQ's refreshing almost immediately with gold rewards vs literally running out of WQ's in BfA because they restricted reputation gains.

In legion I could farm WQ's for gold and AP to keep up with flask, potion and food requirements for raiding. I don't play the auction house game, so I don't have millions of gold, thus in BfA I'm starved, and with little else encouraging farming WQ's, especially without the bonus boxes for reputation that were added at just the right time in legion, while they've been pointless for too long in BfA (to be added in 8.1).

II should also note I've killed the world boss every week for almost three months and spent a token, only to receive AP and gold. At least in legion I might get a tmog piece. The lack of importance to AP and minimal gold reward (lol 23g) makes things feel extremely fucking pointless. I wanna say you got the same amount of gold at the end of Mists, but you had a half dozen world bosses to kill, who also had a chance for mounts.

The Warfront mission named give you toys or pets, and two different mounts. I've already got the ass.

Again, the escalation of power in Legion felt tangible. Coming in at the end where that power was basically handed to you, is still better than it feels in BfA.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This expansion is objectively bad. They did the same thing with this expansion that they did with Cataclysm. Took everything people loved about the previous expansion and iterated on it... regressively.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
This expansion is objectively bad. They did the same thing with this expansion that they did with Cataclysm. Took everything people loved about the previous expansion and iterated on it... regressively.
To be fair to Cata, they wanted to make things harder in an effort to capture the vanilla experience, on top of redesigning the entire original world and every original dungeon optimized, massive increase of visual fidelity, and improving the leveling experience. The former was implemented too harshly after the dungeon rush at the end of Wrath that felt like running rifts in Diablo, without an equivalent time to reward. It was the first time running dungeons became pointless. Cata, just like WOD, failed to hold a proper time-line of additional content, with very long periods of stagnation. The stagnation of BfA started immediately after you cleared the available quests and ran each dungeon once. The phasing in Cata, while being an issue with grouping, made the world feel impacted by your actions. We saw this in Wrath with folks who hadn't completed the intro to the Wrath gate when summoning to ICC, but back then it didn't matter. And ultimately it didn't matter anyway, because no one really groups to do the base questing storyline anyway. We haven't seen that technology used as heavily since.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
It feels like managed decline more than an expansion. The feeling had me thinking they were going to announce a Diablo mmo at blizcon to take over while they took WOW out back behind the barn and put her down. After seeing blizcon... I feel like maybe it's Blizzard in a managed decline, to be replaced by a B-list Korean cell phone game company that owns blizz's ip. Future isn't looking good for mmo fans, I guess we're not the target audience anymore.

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Honestly to me it feel like there are 20 different teams working on different parts of the game and none of them even talk to each other. The reward structure it so fucking ass backwards I don't even know how 90% of it got through beta. You can see time and time again with even simple shit like timewalking that they don't even test the shit before putting it out. Or if they do it's such a group of incompetent cunts they don't even pay attention. You can see this in the M+ affixes and shit too. It's like some GM dickwad gos in poweroverwhelming and 1 shots an instance and goes well this feels good. These fucking cunts dont deserve a job at McDonalds.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Honestly to me it feel like there are 20 different teams working on different parts of the game and none of them even talk to each other. The reward structure it so fucking ass backwards I don't even know how 90% of it got through beta. You can see time and time again with even simple shit like timewalking that they don't even test the shit before putting it out. Or if they do it's such a group of incompetent cunts they don't even pay attention. You can see this in the M+ affixes and shit too. It's like some GM dickwad gos in poweroverwhelming and 1 shots an instance and goes well this feels good. These fucking cunts dont deserve a job at McDonalds.
Working in a company within a software development team I can clearly see how there's a separation of communication, and it requires critical players to ensure development works in concert vs isolated silos. Blizz lost or reallocate the folks that were the cohesive glue between things. It's never been more obvious.

Khane

In Mythic+, Explosives now have 50% less health, and will no longer spawn from crowd controlled enemies. We're also working on a number of nerfs to specific dungeon creatures and mechanics.

They have actually been starting to make strides and seem to be actively listening since Blizzcon.

I just don't understand why it took them so long.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
They have actually been starting to make strides and seem to be actively listening since Blizzcon.

That's assuming they've needed to or ever have before. It has taken this extreme low for the people to speak loudly enough for them to actually pay attention. The player annoyances and lowly subscriber rates prior haven't been nearly as loud or as low.

Fucker

Log Wizard
It feels like managed decline more than an expansion.

This is what Blizzard's managed decline looks like:
11.jpg

• 4Worf

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Wish they would sell some of their IPs like Diablo to GGG. I'm not asking GGG to make Diablo into another PoE but take what's already there and make it better. Hell remake Diablo 2 with D3 engine and add its greater rift system to it with the option of customizing maps for end game content and crack down on botting. That would be better what they have now but they continue to ruin their games into the ground. What a waste.

Last edited:

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Logged in last night to do the weekly bosses and went to Arathi to do the quests and in the middle of all that realized it was completely pointless and just logged out in the middle of Arathi. The difference between this shitshow and Legion is palpable, and the advance spoiler videos for the plotline of 8.1 seem to double-down on retarded.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Holy shit even the anniversary event is the same as last year, these cunts couldn’t phone this shit in harder. I really do hope they lose a ton of subs over this expac.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wish they would sell some of their IPs like Diablo to GGG. I'm not asking GGG to make Diablo into another PoE but take what's already there and make it better. Hell remake Diablo 2 with D3 engine and add its greater rift system to it with the option of customizing maps for end game content and crack down on botting. That would be better what they have now but they continue to ruin their games into the ground. What a waste.

Sell that shit to From and make a third party dungeon crawler RPG with a dark atmosphere. I really don't think a new ARPG would really get my blood going with how perfect I think POE is. But of course that's just, like, my opinion man. I think one of the biggest downfalls of Diablo is how cartoony and PG13 it became (of course to cater to that god awful chinese fuckboi market). I remember when WC3 instruction manuals (or was is 2?) had some orc holding the dismembered human head. Lol this company is such a fucking joke now.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Holy shit even the anniversary event is the same as last year, these cunts couldn’t phone this shit in harder. I really do hope they lose a ton of subs over this expac.

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH YOUR 200 TIMEWARPED BADGES? YOU SHOULD SAVE THEM SO YOU CAN GET THAT NICE ilvl 300 GEAR.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I'm not the type to wish bad things onto anyone but I agree 100%. This abomination of a gaming company needs a serious wake up call and get their heads out of their asses. I've quit before due to burnout or work but never this early in an expansion due to total disgust of the game as a whole.

• 1Solidarity

Fucker

Log Wizard

Except that tuning of a few dungeons doesn't mean anything in light of the fact that they are doing nothing (and have no plans) about fixing all the really shit things about BFA.

Global CD still sucks. Azerite gear still sucks. Neck thing still sucks. Warfronts still suck. Islands still suck. Gear progression still sucks. ZERO character progression still sucks. No rewards from WQ's still suck. Classes are completely fucked up, and they have no idea how to fix them.

The worst thing about all of this is nothing is going to change with patches; this is as good as it is going to get.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

They spoke about all the things you mentioned above and are planning to make changes to every one of them. It took them too long and we'll see if they do anything meaningful but they do have plans.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They spoke about all the things you mentioned above and are planning to make changes to every one of them. It took them too long and we'll see if they do anything meaningful but they do have plans.

Let me guess lessons where learned. Thing is these cunt faggots have pulled the same shit for years fuck em up their stupid asses.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
They should put 6 mythic 10 trash packs together as one trash pack and replace all the raid trash with this. Weekly Affixes included. I want to see this play out with a full raid.