World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ryoz

<Donor>
When someone who makes a living playing the game they have loved for years fucking hates playing it you have to admit something is wrong. I mean shit this guy is making literally hundreds of thousands of dollars a year with 20k people watching him, and yet he can't bring himself to even pretend to like playing BfA it sucks that much ass. Ion needs to lose his fucking job, also isn't Alex like super influential at Blizzard? Why hasn't he stepped up to stop this from doing the same shit SoE did with EQ? Or has he made so much cash that he doesn't have to give a shit about gaming any longer?

This guy plays the game non stop.. of course he’s going to get burnt out. I don’t think the expansion is the greatest, but it’s far from a dumpster fire. There’s plenty to do, but I don’t know man, just take a break for a bit maybe?

• 5Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
This guy plays the game non stop.. of course he’s going to get burnt out. I don’t think the expansion is the greatest, but it’s far from a dumpster fire. There’s plenty to do, but I don’t know man, just take a break for a bit maybe?

If it was just him I might agree, people burn out all the time, but have you been keeping up with this thread, the wow forums, on top of just about every wow streamer/video maker having the same feelings? Plus guilds falling apart left and right. There is something desperately wrong, I know you say it's not a dumpster fire but then again it really is.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
When someone who makes a living playing the game they have loved for years fucking hates playing it you have to admit something is wrong. I mean shit this guy is making literally hundreds of thousands of dollars a year with 20k people watching him, and yet he can't bring himself to even pretend to like playing BfA it sucks that much ass. Ion needs to lose his fucking job, also isn't Alex like super influential at Blizzard? Why hasn't he stepped up to stop this from doing the same shit SoE did with EQ? Or has he made so much cash that he doesn't have to give a shit about gaming any longer?

Alex is every bit the problem everyone else is

Khane

Got something right about marriage

This expansion is exactly what we thought it would be. The next Cataclysm. They did nothing but iterate on the previous expansion... in a regressive fashion. So now the players who are still playing (like myself) are sitting here saying to themselves "Well I know this could be really good, I've already played the good version of it. Surely they will make this good again... right?!"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Yup, and its the first cache ive gotten since the bump in the cap to 370 with a weapon in it...and it's goddamn 340 trash. 370 belt from invasion quest. fucking blizzard.

Scaling has been hotfixed. The cache is scaling again now.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This expansion is exactly what we thought it would be. The next Cataclysm. They did nothing but iterate on the previous expansion... in a regressive fashion. So now the players who are still playing (like myself) are sitting here saying to themselves "Well I know this could be really good, I've already played the good version of it. Surely they will make this good again... right?!"

Even though I'm not a big fan of WoW, have always thought that Blizzard did top notch work. Have to believe that they will do right eventually by this game. May take a while.

Another thing about BFA is a lot of the work done was under the hood, stuff that the player doesn't necessarily see. Moving to DX12, etc gives them some breathing room in the future to be able to focus more on the actual game, and not so much on the tech. Doesn't help the horrible state of BFA's game mechanics right now though.

• 1Picard

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Even though I'm not a big fan of WoW, have always thought that Blizzard did top notch work. Have to believe that they will do right eventually by this game. May take a while.

Another thing about BFA is a lot of the work done was under the hood, stuff that the player doesn't necessarily see. Moving to DX12, etc gives them some breathing room in the future to be able to focus more on the actual game, and not so much on the tech. Doesn't help the horrible state of BFA's game mechanics right now though.

I have to say the DX12 update really helped boralus for me. There were parts of boralus that would get a bit of a FPS dip even on my new computer now and then. With the DX12 update its been really smooth the only fps dip I have seen since the patch is doing ivus and like 80 people were around throwing all of the spells at it and I was still holding pretty well with just some minor fps hits.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

You can believe all you want, but just assuming good things will come despite all the evidence to the contrary is blind optimism. Lower sub numbers means diminished budget which means reduced project scope and content, so "it might take a while" is the complete opposite of what the game needs. It needs another two legion expansions in a row to just keep itself from suffocating, and there's no chance of that happening under the current leadership.

Every single expansion has seen improvements to the underlying tech. BFA is nothing new in this department, and it doesn't translate at all into anything related to gameplay design or content creation. Nobody is complaining about WoW's tech.

Khane

I have to say the DX12 update really helped boralus for me. There were parts of boralus that would get a bit of a FPS dip even on my new computer now and then. With the DX12 update its been really smooth the only fps dip I have seen since the patch is doing ivus and like 80 people were around throwing all of the spells at it and I was still holding pretty well with just some minor fps hits.

Dazar'alor was even worse. I have a brand new build with 64gigs of DDR4, a 1080Ti, an 8 core Ryzen7 2700x and Dazar'alor would lag the fuck out of my machine to 30fps or lower. It was atrocious. But they shouldn't be praised for finally upgrading to DX12 and fixing those issues in 8.1. Shit should have never been that way from the start.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Disabling XP Gains on 110+ Characters
Since the launch of Battle for Azeroth, we’ve noticed an increasing trend of players turning off XP gains at level 110 in order to repeatedly powerlevel other players’ characters at an excessive rate without increasing their own level. The intention of the XP-off feature is to allow alternate characters to stay in lower-level PvP brackets or relive lower-level content, not to purposefully halt progression in content relevant to the current expansion.
To curb this behavior, we plan to implement a hotfix in the coming days that will disable the ability to turn off XP gains on characters level 110 or higher. Additionally, any character of that level who already has XP disabled will find it automatically re-enabled the next time they log in.
NO FUN ALLOWED

• 1Like

Khane

Holy shit... are they serious? People turned XP Off at 101 in full BoEs to PL for the entirety of Legion. Not only was it a fun thing to do if you had some extra gold to see how powerful you could get but it was a symbiotic relationship among people who liked twinking their own chars and people who wanted to level fast and had expendable gold.

What the fuck is wrong with these morons? Island Expeditions will be completely dead now.

"Hey people are having fun using this interesting food buff we put in the game in old content to run around super fast"
"KILL IT, THAT'S NOT WHAT WE WANT"

"Hey, people are having fun with these neat 111 level req BoEs that are 120 epic ilvl and tradeable"
"NO MORE, YOU MUST SUFFER THROUGH EVERYTHING I CREATE"

"Hey, people like doing this repeatable content to powerlevel themselves and others for cosmetic rewards and good exp/rep/AP gains"
"NONSENSE, THAT IS NOT HOW GAMES ARE MEANT TO BE PLAYED"

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I can't wait for the first Q&A after Classic launches where Ion explains that all of the out of era features they implemented without telling anyone that people didn't want were a good thing and that the additional out of era features they are planning on implementing are also a good thing. We're happy to continue the discussion about these features but try and keep your discussion focused on how to make the things you didn't ask for and don't want better rather than their removal because they're staying.

It's like World of Warcraft is under the control of a malicious DM constantly trying to force the players in his campaign to do things the way (he thinks) they should be done.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I can't wait for the first Q&A after Classic launches where Ion explains that all of the out of era features they implemented without telling anyone that people didn't want were a good thing and that the additional out of era features they are planning on implementing are also a good thing. We're happy to continue the discussion about these features but try and keep your discussion focused on how to make the things you didn't ask for and don't want better rather than their removal because they're staying.

It's like World of Warcraft is under the control of a malicious DM constantly trying to force the players in his campaign to do things the way (he thinks) they should be done.

Activision

• 1Picard

Fucker

Log Wizard
I gotta ask. Are there any good devs left on the wow team? I don't know of them at all (good or bad) ...except this Ion and his RL boomkin cockholster buttbuddy.

It's hard to imagine it is the same group of people that did Legion are responsible for BfA.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

You know, I think this is the best I've ever seen this expansion summed up. I've experienced exactly this many times and BFA had a familiar feel, but I couldn't put my finger on why.

• 1Like