World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
You could buy a 395 ring with the 7th legion/honorbound tokens for 300 tokens. It was an instant cast port to your home bfa city (boralus/dazar'alor). In the last patch, they fucking changed it from instant cast to an 8 or 10 second cast time. I literally only bought this because the instant cast port was great. I have so many other ways of porting that it's now fucking worthless because it has a cast time just like everything else.

I was pretty pissed. I even petitioned it and they refused to refund me. I replied to the petition but I doubt these fuckers will refund me. Trash company.
What other ways of porting do you have

Khane

Got something right about marriage
3 hearthstones that can all easily get you back to orgrimmar/stormwind and thus back to your new BfA capital city.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I only have regular Hearthstone and Dalaran one. Are they from previous xpacs?

There is a cloak you can buy from the Guild vendor (in SW/Org/Dalaran) that has a port to SW/Org with 2h cooldown.

If you spend the time and gold to upgrade the WoD Garrison, you can get a garrison hearth, then a portal from that garrison to the WoD main city, and then on to SW/Org (I think it's still there). Additionally, if you upgrade the garrison shipyard, you will get a hearth to the shipyard, for a 4th stone.

Last edited:

Grundge

Trakanon Raider
There is also Greatfather winters hearthstone which is a toy.

It shares the same cool down as your regular one. Only advantage is that you can use it from your hot bar and delete your normal hearthstone from your bags freeing up one slot. Though not like space is a big problem anymore.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Unrelated but just listening to the Warlords soundtrack and motherfucker who wants to destroy alliance scum with me

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
There is a cloak you can buy from the Guild vendor (in SW/Org/Dalaran) that has a port to SW/Org with 2h cooldown.
Yea. I currently have as direct TP:

- Basic heartstone (currently in Boralus main Inn)
- Legion Dalaran heartstone
- WoD Garrison heartstone
- WoD Shipyard compass
- LK Dalaran TP ring
- Stormwind TP cloak
- LK Argent Tournament TP cloak

Going to add the Boralus ring at some point (after getting the mounts, which come first)

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
As previously disclosed, on October 3, 2018 Michael Morhaime entered into an agreement with Activision Blizzard, Inc. (the “Company”) pursuant to which he would provide strategic advice to the Company in an advisory capacity. Mr. Morhaime’s employment with the Company as a strategic advisor will conclude on April 7, 2019.

Well that was brief...

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
What other ways of porting do you have

All the ways mentioned above, plus I am a monk so I have my monk port to the temple of the five dawns, where I can quickly get back to Dalaran (legion version) and go anywhere I want. I would have never bought the ring for 300 tokens if it wasn't an instant cast. Maybe when I had nothing else to spend the tokens on, but obviously that is not currently the case.

The ring also has a 30 second recharge time when equipping it, so in future content when a 395 ring is worthless (honestly it's already worthless to me I would not equip it if not for the recharge) it is not even close to faster than my other port options.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It should, at the very least, open a portal that your entire group can take. Like the necklace reward from the shadowmourne quest that ports your group to old dalaran, or the toy that ports your group to the grim guzzler in BRD.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
You could buy a 395 ring with the 7th legion/honorbound tokens for 300 tokens. It was an instant cast port to your home bfa city (boralus/dazar'alor). In the last patch, they fucking changed it from instant cast to an 8 or 10 second cast time. I literally only bought this because the instant cast port was great. I have so many other ways of porting that it's now fucking worthless because it has a cast time just like everything else.

I was pretty pissed. I even petitioned it and they refused to refund me. I replied to the petition but I doubt these fuckers will refund me. Trash company.
I figured this was coming it is just like all the other various expansion port to home town rings/trinkets/necklaces they have done.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Most of those port items wind up mostly being useful once the expansion is over and your main hearth is no longer tied to that city any more. But that ring is basically the last thing I would buy as I am not chasing the dragon Ilevel wise just going with the mounts for now and then pick up the other fun stuff and then see if I want it.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea. I currently have as direct TP:

- Basic heartstone (currently in Boralus main Inn)
- Legion Dalaran heartstone
- WoD Garrison heartstone
- WoD Shipyard compass
- LK Dalaran TP ring
- Stormwind TP cloak
- LK Argent Tournament TP cloak

Going to add the Boralus ring at some point (after getting the mounts, which come first)

Need to get you karabor ports for Outland and Draenor.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
It should, at the very least, open a portal that your entire group can take. Like the necklace reward from the shadowmourne quest that ports your group to old dalaran, or the toy that ports your group to the grim guzzler in BRD.

I used to do this after FoH raids and everyone would bitch about the mages trolling as I hearthed away