World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Haha, I got my infinite timereaver drop during the last timewalking, and for a second the whole group just froze. I could hear their little faggoty gears turning, trying to come up with a plan to talk me into random 100ing or something. It felt so good when I right clicked that shit and the warlock disconnected. I like to imagine he had been farming it for years on end, and that was the last straw, alt+F4 and slid a shotgun into his mouth and blew his brains out, makes the mount even sweeter.
Hah. Nobody ever rolled for the mount in any of my groups. Fat chance I'd be the one rolling it away when it dropped. As if.

Fuck that. Giving away unneeded loot, sure. But a mount? Out of my cold dead hands.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
But the shareholders love us! Profits Profits Profits!
Well, they probably don't love me anymore since I unsubbed end of Jan.

I had withdrawal for a couple days. Worrying when coming home what faction would be on display, if there were missions on the table I'd miss, and so on.

And I realized that I had made the right call because all I was worrying about was game dailies, and not on what my guild was doing and how progression was going. If I pretty much cared about the pixels and not the people playing, it's time to bail.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, they probably don't love me anymore since I unsubbed end of Jan.

I had withdrawal for a couple days. Worrying when coming home what faction would be on display, if there were missions on the table I'd miss, and so on.

And I realized that I had made the right call because all I was worrying about was game dailies, and not on what my guild was doing and how progression was going. If I pretty much cared about the pixels and not the people playing, it's time to bail.

Dailies were one of the strong reasons I also decided to quit the game. I did not mind in Legion because I enjoyed actually playing the game. This expansion was more of the same and worse, so I enjoyed playing the game a lot less than Legion. I realized that the only thing I was doing was logging in to the game to do repeated dailies, as to have a chance at getting a piece of gear or gold. What is the point of getting the gear if it has no effect on how the game is played? When I really thought about it, I realized I was no longer playing a game but just doing something that made me think I was playing a game. If all I do is a daily and never play the game, then what was the point? So I quit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm still playing but I'm not sure why, I'm just collecting shit and haven't done any of the new content this patch brought yet still lmao

I need an MMO to play and Noodleface Noodleface keeps yelling at me like a disappointed dad I'm not playing FF11 but idk if I can do it

Nola

Trakanon Raider
After watching
I'm still playing but I'm not sure why, I'm just collecting shit and haven't done any of the new content this patch brought yet still lmao

I need an MMO to play and Noodleface Noodleface keeps yelling at me like a disappointed dad I'm not playing FF11 but idk if I can do it
Come play FF14 then. Unsubbed months ago and haven't regretted it yet. Having a blast with FF14.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Of all the things that killed WoW for me, I think the worst was MoP buttfucking crafting alts by requiring every recipe of any importance to use a non-tradeable world drop as an ingredient. Did they ever revert that change, or did they carry it forward through Warlords, Legion, and BFA?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Of all the things that killed WoW for me, I think the worst was MoP buttfucking crafting alts by requiring every recipe of any importance to use a non-tradeable world drop as an ingredient. Did they ever revert that change, or did they carry it forward through Warlords, Legion, and BFA?
Now the top items are BoP and require raid mats you get with every boss kill. Food and flasks and shit are all regular mats.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I think the only time they've ever done crafting right outside of vanilla/tbc was with cooking in MoP. Let's not even discuss the retardation that was WoD crafting.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
BoP ingredients are still the lifeblood of professions.

maisongrandpa.gif

• 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Why is Jaina the big baddie?

For the Horde cause war. The alliance attack her as a 'reenactment' of what the Horde did to her. I am assuming in the next tier something similar will happen for the Horde/Slyvannas

• 1Seriously?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think the next tier will be everyone attacking Sylvanas in earnest, including the Horde.. Then the inevitable "The baddies made me do it, but I'm glad my children grew up so well. It's time for me to be the Lich Queen".

xzi

Mouthbreather
I really don't know what would be worse.

Sylvanas is just Garrosh, Siege of Orgrimmar pt. 2

or

Sylvanas is just WoD Grommash, she was actually evil the whole time just to defeat the greater evil and we'll not worry about that whole genocide phase she went through

• 1Like