World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's an overwhelmingly powerful artifact weapon everyone previously thought had been lost to time. Doomaxe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
Should have, 110%, pulled Gorehowl out from under the anvil.

Garrosh discarded the real one in SoO, with Jaina/Lorethamar taking it. Would have tied a few stories nicely together, instead of some random weapon.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Maybe it's all a ploy to lure Thrall back into action! Right? RIGHT?!?!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So is Sylvanas creating the True True Horde (Forsaken only) and making use of the Underhold that Garrosh conveniently left under Orgrimmar?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Maybe it's all a ploy to lure Thrall back into action! Right? RIGHT?!?!

It's all a part of the plan to lure Thrall back so N'zoth can go all tentacle hentai on him. Then when she is absolutely positive she has pissed everyone off in Azeroth she gonna pop out and say "I was just playin" Still better writing that Game of Thrones Season 8

feat-nicki-minaj-barbie-dreams-video.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wonder if the artist that came up with the cinematic had the Doomhammer in mind and then someone corrected it, and they just changed it to a random weapon.
Imagine it was Doomhammer , the way the weapon is shown, just the hilt at first and then the final shot of it on Thralls shoulder, makes a lot more sense if it would be the Doomhammer.

It's his fathers axe, he was the head of the Frostwolf clan.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I might want to play just for this. Cities turned into plague ridden death zones and noobs had to run in fear lol
I had more fun with the zombie thing until they nerfed the fun out of it. Whiny bitches always ruin everything.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Vanion WoW Classic Interview - Classic Design and Modern WoW Philosophies
Vanion sat down with Ion Hazikostas and Calia Shie to discuss WoW Classic.

• It's been fascinating for the team to recreate classic WoW and there have been questions of if there are ways that this could inform the way that they think about WoW today keeping in mind the philosophies of the modern game.
  • There are aspects of how to approach the outdoor world that could continue to inform designs in Battle for Azeroth.
  • Communication for retail WoW is a bit more complicated than it is for Classic as most of it is based on listening and feedback without clear answers where Classic has a lot of clear answers. It's the difference between figuring out the answers and already knowing them.
  • The team wants to sustain healthy communities and not have too many servers at launch that run into low pop issues once the initial launch dies down.
  • The Layer system is only planned for the first few weeks. As players spread out over time eventually there will be no layer system, especially by when the world bosses are introduced.
  • Each layer can hold the same population as a server from the original WoW.
  • There will be no pet/mount shop in Classic.
  • It's nice to return to a nameless adventurer, but in modern WoW there comes a point after defeating major lore villains where you can't be nameless anymore.
  • The beta is small because they are using it to make sure that they have gotten everything right, not to address if the content is fun or to nerf things.
  • Classic is about the journey and not the destination, and so players who don't have the time that they once did will still enjoy the ride.

GamerHub TV Interview - Community Feedback for Classic Expansions
GamerHubTV interviewed John Hight about Classic WoW.

• The server architecture (population, etc) from retail WoW is used for Classic WoW.
  • Quirky bugs that are not game-breaking/exploits were actually left in the game.
  • Community feedback will be an important consideration for releasing classic expansions post launch.

GamerHubTV Interview - Design and Engineering for WoW Classic
GameHubTV
also sat down with Omar Gonzalez to discuss the engineering of WoW Classic.

• The team took the modern code and layered the old data on top of the new code.
  • The back end developer interfaces for the game is the modern infrastructure. The customer, however, sees the original game.
  • The old code recognized realms as a single cluster of servers. The modern architecture is more shared and distributed, allowing the team to be much more efficient.
  • The team recovered a lot of the original art assets from the old code. They deleted the modern graphics and reimported the old graphics just with modern code.

Staysafe TV Interview - Progressive Quests and Server Stability
Staysafe TV
interviewed Brian Birmingham and Patrick Dawson on WoW Classic.

• There will be progressive quests added during phases as well, such as having the Naxxramas introduction quests disabled until its phase release.
  • The Thorium quest hub is most likely available from launch. (The two did ask for feedback on this in the interview)
  • The original mount system is being utilized, cheap training with expensive mounts.
  • The team is taking a pass on modern WoW to re-visioning some of the spells built to address the issues of server stability when many people are in one area.
  • The team has an estimate on realm numbers, but can add more based on the amount of players. They are trying to avoid having unhealthy server populations or having to merge realms down the line though.
  • The goal is to not having Layering in the game at all after a few weeks when the populations smooth out.
  • Phase transitions will happen based on player feedback and progression of the player base.

Vanion Interview - Patch 8.2
Vanion sat down with the WoW developers to discuss Battle for Azeroth and Patch 8.2.

• The team is excited to add Rise of Azshara to Battle for Azeroth as they have been hard at work on giving more player choice and things to collect in the new content patch.
  • The 15th Anniversary Event will include a special raid that brings back bosses from previous expansions such as Kael'thas.
  • Logging in during the anniversary event will get you the Nefarion pet while completing the raid will give you the Obsidian Worldbreaker mount.
  • The raid is not a new raid, but a greatest hits of previous bosses back to back.
  • The ability to visit Mechagon City outside of the dungeon could be possible down the line.
  • There is upwards of 30 mounts coming in Patch 8.2. A lot of them have unique animation rigs as well.
  • The team wanted to make sure that they gave a lot of new things to collect that felt unique.
  • There are two versions of the Mechacycle, one of which is easier to obtain. However, the easier to obtain one is more broken down and junker styled while the meta achievement one is complete.
  • The mount equipment system was designed to solve the water strider issue and will be iterated on based on feedback.
  • In Patch 8.2, it will take substantially more time for the opposing team to show up during normal Island Expeditions, allowing a bit more time to explore freely.
  • Heroic Warfronts will have a different flow in the battle to be aware of, such as utilizing resources right and defending your base from attack.
  • Nazjatar has many different biomes to make it easier to navigate.
  • Pathfinder Part 2 is likely to require exploring both new zones as well.
  • The team feels that as long as you become familiar with the zone on foot first, it is not to early to allow flying in these new zones.
  • If you don't like the companion system in Nazjatar you don't have to use it.
  • There will be special repeatable profession quests in 8.2. An example is a herbalism quest in which you find a seed that you can plant in certain spots to activate a combat situation.
  • Nazjatar has treasure finding gear that you can use to find buried treasure around the zone.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Summary for BFA part: Log in, get free shit. Do easy-mode raid, get free shit. "Collect" 30 more mounts, now with Handle Bar Horns! Feel lonely? Now you have a companion! But we know there is a hard core raider in each of you, so you dont have to have one! Herbalism can now spawn mobs that drop more herbs, and likely has ring events for groups and raids! Herbs will rain down! Archaeology is now only slightly useless! Finally, lets top it off with a trip down nostalgia lane!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
They are putting more work in classic wow than current wow. Their whole plan was to end it with BfA then just go back to the beginning and re-release every expansion for another 10 years. Genius!

• 3Like
  • 1Blown
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Grrr. BFA team getting Classic nostalgia.

I don't understand this. Because the difference being in classic/TBC when you got dazed you were actually in a lot of danger most of the time, it still made sense as a mechanic. Fight or die. If I get dazed now, even with 10 mobs on me, I'm completely fine. I aoe twice and I re-mount and walk away. It's not only uninteresting but it's fucking boring and exists purely as a nuisance.

I don't think it's that big of a deal but I just really don't understand this change at all in the current iteration of the game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I mean I guess I can only hope they rethink a lot of old mechanics and game design choices for the current game, but not sure this one is it lol

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Daze has consistently been one of my least favorite WoW mechanics from 2004 onward. It only comes in to play when you're trying to get from point A to point B without a hassle and then it shows up and hassles you.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users