World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
If leveling and you just want the most efficient way possible for questing (and not doing Korrak for whatever reason), get Azeroth Auto Pilot

If you want to play the Auction house, get TSM 4

If you want to PvP and care about the enemy teams overall health in BGS, get BattleGroundEnemies

Then there's the obvious like DBM/Bigwigs (it's personal preference, bigwigs is a bit lighter), GTFO (yells at you if you're in aoe).

OPie is an honorable mention, has a radial menu that you can add abilities to, or what I use it for - raid markers, toys, favorite mounts, etc

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I guess it depends on what you want to customize. I am super minimalist with my mods. All I have are DBM, and a combat text one

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What are the best mods for someone getting back into Wow since Legion?

ElvUI gives you most everything you need for UI customization, in one easy package. Then you can add the few extras that Xzi listed, depending on what your doing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Man, I don't know where else to post this...but from 2006 or so until November 2018, wow was a second home for me and a few IRL friends and then the friends we made along the way. Sure, we fucked a few other whore games from time to time - SWTOR, GW2, RIFT to name a few, but somehow someway we always refound each other in azeroth. We had this little guild that at one time boasted 70+ in Vanilla that dwindled to 40ish in TBC then to 25ish in WOTLK...then it was just us 10-12 great friends. Even during my most recent sojourn from POE back to WoW for a month, one of our longtime guildies was still keeping the lights on and checking the water pipes every so often. The rest hadn't been on in nearly a year. What happened?

Death. We had a guildie die. Suddenly. Early 40's. We found out after that he had gained a lot of weight and wasn't in the best of health. That killed wow for us at least temporarily in November 2018. Well, today I found out another is dead.

I was going through some old killshots on my PC when perusing some old pics. Saw a name I hadn't thought about in at least two years. I knew I was facebook friends with him, but hadn't seen anything from him in a long time. He rode off into the sunset pre BFA, but we always stayed in touch until the past two years. Baby, work, etc.

I pop onto his page and his goddamn wake is posted for a few days from now. No cause of death and I'm afraid it may have been suicide. He'd struggled some with depression, but he was healthy otherwise. Rugged outdoorsman actually aside from a WoW habit.

I'm rambling. This game may suck, but man I made some friends here and I'm going to always appreciate it for that. We're getting older. And father time and biology are unbeaten.

• 13Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 13 users

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
With more testing done with the Mythic+ cache, it seems that the Ny'alotha Corrupted Weapon effects have multiple tiers, with difficult values of Corruption, and can roll on more than just Weapons. We've seen these "weapon" effects on Trinkets, Belts and Rings from the Weekly Mythic+ cache. Thanks to Jeathebelle for helping test this.

This seems independent from the normal Corrupted Weapons that drop in the raid.

Holy hell how is this a good idea? People were all pissed off about "having" to re-run content to get a titanforged piece of gear and now everything we get from mythic+ has a chance to get any of the corrupted effects at THREE different power levels?

The RNG on top of RNG is insane. I want a belt, but it needs to have the best effect and the best power level. Have fun with that.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Holy hell how is this a good idea? People were all pissed off about "having" to re-run content to get a titanforged piece of gear and now everything we get from mythic+ has a chance to get any of the corrupted effects at THREE different power levels?

The RNG on top of RNG is insane. I want a belt, but it needs to have the best effect and the best power level. Have fun with that.

Well, they looked at the numbers of Titanforging and found that the RNG wasn't RNGing enough to feel rewarding. So, I suspect that the new RNG will have a higher percent chance to RNG, since we can cleanse the RNG that didnt RNG how we liked it.

We heard you liked WotLK! Running back to town to respec during progression was an integral part of that experience. So now, at the beginning of the tier, almost every item will be corrupted, and if you want to equip that upgrade, that just dropped, the raid will need to wait while everyone runs to the heart chamber to cleanse it. This running back and forth, mid raid, will add 1000s of hours to the aggregated play time for the player base. Genius!

xzi

Mouthbreather
Why would you want to replace somebody who actually competently plays the game? You know who blizzard/activision would put in that position? Well I guarantee it won't be somebody who fuckin even plays the game with a mouse+keyboard.

The corruption RNG is really strange to me out of m+ chests specifically, but they've changed it a significant amount already for the better on PTR and there's still time for them to continue to make changes. My only real problem with it is I know I'm just going to continue to get 8 belts in a row out of my cache. Fuckin shadowlands needs to hurry up.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Because he's a smug prick who seems to take great pleasure, and only care about, fucking over bleeding edge players. At the cost of the rest of the playerbase.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Because he's a smug prick who seems to take great pleasure, and only care about, fucking over bleeding edge players. At the cost of the rest of the playerbase.

He used to be criticized for catering to champagne poppers. (See relevant letter posted on blizz forums Re: champagne poppers culture that was very well-recieved and started the momentum to shift the later BFA design to what we know today)

Now he doesn't uncork champagne for the bleeding edge anymore.

Now people bitch louder?

He can't win with you guys.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
He used to be criticized for catering to champagne poppers. (See relevant letter posted on blizz forums Re: champagne poppers culture that was very well-recieved and started the momentum to shift the later BFA design to what we know today)

Now people bitch louder?

They don't actually know what they want.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Now people bitch louder?

What? Are you capable of making a reasonable, cogent post? Champagne popper? Why do you talk like you're an "industry man" in every thread you ever visit? The guy is fucking the entire rest of the game just to try to handcuff bleeding edge players. Source: Every single system in BfA. BfA sucks because of it. Look at this latest Corrupted item system.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
They keep making the corrupted system worse and worse. I have high hopes it will completely overshadow every grind before it once it releases.

Oh you didn't like TF? We took it away and here is your turbowarthundercorruptforge. Have fun grinding even more kids!

lon is a piece of shit and so is the game design of this entire expansion. When you think they finally got it and are steering in the right direction they just fucking pile on more stupid shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Game director" vidya wise is a senior product management position, it's like being a producer with creative and management decisions. Best example is TV "showrunner": he's the talking head, has enough creative responsabilites but answer to higher ups. Whenever Ion came up with islands, azerite and warfronts, disregarding anyone at his level, at some point there were people upstairs who greenlit that. Don't forget them.