World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
Same here. And I've gotten azerite gear that requires 25 corruption to activate. Nowhere close to that, especially with the cloak adding corruption resistance. I've gotten gloves twice from the weekly assault reward. :emoji_angry:
And a third set of gloves from today's emissary quest. RNG loves me.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I was watching Bellular talking about the state of Blizzard:

Basically, Blizzard is currently engaged in a race to bottom. Cut costs, screw quality or care. "If nothing else, we'll relaunch a new set of Classic servers in 2 years."
When people happily pre-order a expansion after an objectively bad expansion there's nothing you can do.
Subs are down, but player engagement is up and engagement usually means more micro transaction/services revenues. They've also been outsourcing more and more work, and cutting costs.
Lots of shadowlands preorders judging by how many people I see with the armor. Also lots of people with the store mounts and cosmetics as well.

Like all other aspects of gaming, wow is being ruined by retards buying the "microtransactions". No need to put out quality content when a retard will spend $50-100 a year on cosmetics.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is fundamentally the overarching problem Blizzard projects to the outside: everyone is just doing their job, and no one has the balls to stand up and either say "maybe this isn't such a great idea", or "this doesn't make sense."

I call that the "George Lucas problem", where your subordinates will never tell you anything because you are their God, father, mother, role model, favorite celebrity and also their boss. Whether you're running around naked throwing feces at everyone's faces or asking them about that nice idea you have about shoehorning a comic relief major character who talks and acts like a rastafari caricature in the most anticipated franchise continuation of all time, you will get the same worships, nods, pats in the back and "woah that's great" answers because you're basically at the head of a cult.

There's no point rebelling if there's no rebellion.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I've said it before but I'd rather have someone leading that actually plays the game at a competent level than whoever the disaster yes man they'll replace him with will be.

Problem is right now they're both unacceptable. More or less quit the game until prepatch just so I can come back and get some mounts. Went an entire week with 0 corrupted gear other than the intro quest dropping and I'm losing out on like 25-40% dps increase because of it. Visions are good but they're extremeley limited and won't last. Would rather have fucking titanforging back.

When even me, the #2 cuck blizzard cockguzzler in this thread is taking issue with the game you know you fucked up. Hell when even the ultra casuals are mad at the game you know you fucked up. They're the ones that actually buy your microtransactions too.

ALSO STILL MISSING 280K GOLD WORTH OF AUCTIONS EVEN AFTER THEY 'FIXED' THE ISSUE

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The heroic visions are interesting but due to how limited your runs are and how later levels of progression start requiring mutliple runs to get everything you need it sort of encourages you to avoid any risk taking at all. Losing out on your upgrade just makes it annoying to get caught back up so I am just banking my extra keys this week for later usage as a buffer which I don't think is what they intended.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The higher rate of currency acquisition means you can burn more keys now. The original plan only allowed for 2 keys being saved a week. Saving at least 3 a week is very easy now.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The higher rate of currency acquisition means you can burn more keys now. The original plan only allowed for 2 keys being saved a week. Saving at least 3 a week is very easy now.
Still the way the corruption resistance stuff works it seems like the right call is hold as many keys as you can and only use them at higher cloak levels. If you are not chasing after gearing for the mythic race it seems like holding off burning keys until you are better able to make more full use out of them gives you optimal chances at gear improvements/upgrades as well as lessening the risk of missing a week of upgrades.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Question is play a little bit now and get your ATOC, mount, cloak, and/or other worthless shit then quit, or wait 4-5 months until it's freebie carry level who gives a shit since this patch will be here for the next 9-10 months and quit then instead.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've said it before but I'd rather have someone leading that actually plays the game at a competent level than whoever the disaster yes man they'll replace him with will be.

Problem is right now they're both unacceptable. More or less quit the game until prepatch just so I can come back and get some mounts. Went an entire week with 0 corrupted gear other than the intro quest dropping and I'm losing out on like 25-40% dps increase because of it. Visions are good but they're extremeley limited and won't last. Would rather have fucking titanforging back.

When even me, the #2 cuck blizzard cockguzzler in this thread is taking issue with the game you know you fucked up. Hell when even the ultra casuals are mad at the game you know you fucked up. They're the ones that actually buy your microtransactions too.

ALSO STILL MISSING 280K GOLD WORTH OF AUCTIONS EVEN AFTER THEY 'FIXED' THE ISSUE
The real reason you quit is because right before Sunwell came out they added dailies.

• 1Worf

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I get corrupted gear on my dudes all the time from randomized emissary quest chests. Its annoying as fuck, especially since its available to characters that haven't done the legendary cloak quest line.

Is there a way to cleanse corrupted gear before that?

I like the idea of using the cloak's corruption resistance value to negate the actual corruption value, but I can't stand all the random procs on every piece of loot. I want static values.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I get corrupted gear on my dudes all the time from randomized emissary quest chests. Its annoying as fuck, especially since its available to characters that haven't done the legendary cloak quest line.

I like the idea of using the cloak's corruption resistance value to negate the actual corruption value, but I can't stand all the random procs on every piece of loot. I want static values.

You can cleanse pretty early on in the quest chain before the cloak, but it is still dumb.

And yeah.. my alts keep getting corrupted gear but my main has none. It's pretty retarded.

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The race for world first sounds like it is going to be decided by which raid team has enough corrupted infinite stars or some other stupid gayness. Good job Ion, you took the worst epansion in history and then somehow shit on its corpse.

• 1Solidarity

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously the cloak is helping you resist getting corrupted gear

I assume they're going to shit on corruption effects tomorrow to preserve the world first race

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Obviously the cloak is helping you resist getting corrupted gear

That would be hilarious if they fucked up the coding this way and it was like legendary bad luck protection's original coding all over again.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still the way the corruption resistance stuff works it seems like the right call is hold as many keys as you can and only use them at higher cloak levels. If you are not chasing after gearing for the mythic race it seems like holding off burning keys until you are better able to make more full use out of them gives you optimal chances at gear improvements/upgrades as well as lessening the risk of missing a week of upgrades.

If you do the three assaults each week and lessers visions and the dailies each day, you will earn 4 keys a week. If I hadn’t burned 1 extra key to get the elite sanity restore trait on the tree in preparation for full clearing org, I would have entered the reset with 3 keys. That would put me at 6 keys after next week and I would have to burn 3 keys to not over cap. You can only sit on 7.5 keys so it’s not a big deal.

As long as you enter rank 12 week with 7.5 keys, you are fine. You would probably get more out of the keys if you waited to burn them until he absolutely had to, but meh.

xzi

Mouthbreather
There really is so much to do outside of raids but so much of it is meaningless, whether it's exploring or grinding or even crafting is shit. I know that's like.. to be expected from wow but WHY when literally every other MMO does it better. Literally all wow has going for it is raids and familiarity.

The most interesting thing is when hidden quests are found but it's only interesting because it's a community coming together to try to figure shit out.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Pretty sure you have to do at least a little bit of the new patch intro to cleanse items. Its not very far into the quest chain though so shouldn't take very long. You get that ability before you even get the cloak i believe.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, but my problem is getting the reagents for that. The only way I saw they were available was after you finally got the cloak and unlocked the scenarios. I was looking for how to get those without going that far. You need 5 of them per cleanse.