World of Warcraft: Current Year

Malkav

French Madman
Finally did the cloak quest on my paly after finishing leveling it this weekend and holy shitball is this whole chain a pain in the ass.

No wonder people complain about it, even with skipping the scenarios that thing would take ages on alts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Mythic ilvl should be the ilvl cap, wf/tf could exist within that just fine with very little complaints from the people that hated wf/tf.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Cloak quest wasnt anywhere near incredible, but it's far and away from being a terrible waste of time/effort versus reward. So I guess I just didnt mind it at all. Alts on the other hand can skip the scenario's altogether, so again.. when I did it a second time, it was a chore - but the time investment was minimal at most. I just cant relate I guess.

As far as Titan Forging and similar - just let that system die. I get that people still want an avenue to have more choices as far as end game loot. Which, that idea in itself isnt a bad one. But I would rather have something that is a sure fire way to upgrade the item, rather than depending solely on my luck with RNG. Say for instance the item you want is the dino trinket. You get the item at base "normal tier" item level and have to go to an Engineer to get an upgrade (token, w/e) built. The upgrade calls for 15 souls of heroism. You run Heroic dungeons and get those 15 souls, now you can upgrade that one item to Heroic item level. If you want it to upgrade to the next tier, then rinse and repeat. If its a raid item you got in LFR, then you have to get 15 souls of (insert name of raid here). etc.

I dont think it's hard to come up with a system that will allow you to hold onto your Dino Trinket or w/e for multiple item tiers - but insisting that they keep RNG in the game is a no go from not only an overwhelming majority of players, but myself also. Something as simple as my example gives you agency, player growth, and player investment all in one go.

• 1Picard

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
insisting that they keep RNG in the game is a no go
But the weekly chest is already RNG. I'm just saying that the max ilvl loot you can get randomly from the weekly chest should have other, more targeted ways to acquire.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
As far as Titan Forging and similar - just let that system die. I get that people still want an avenue to have more choices as far as end game loot. Which, that idea in itself isnt a bad one. But I would rather have something that is a sure fire way to upgrade the item, rather than depending solely on my luck with RNG. Say for instance the item you want is the dino trinket. You get the item at base "normal tier" item level and have to go to an Engineer to get an upgrade (token, w/e) built. The upgrade calls for 15 souls of heroism. You run Heroic dungeons and get those 15 souls, now you can upgrade that one item to Heroic item level. If you want it to upgrade to the next tier, then rinse and repeat. If its a raid item you got in LFR, then you have to get 15 souls of (insert name of raid here). etc.

They more or less had this system in MoP, then scrapped it for...reasons.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
But the weekly chest is already RNG. I'm just saying that the max ilvl loot you can get randomly from the weekly chest should have other, more targeted ways to acquire.

Or just make higher M+ drop the same ilvl as Mythic raid gear.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Granted I've played fk all this expansion - but isnt +15 Mythic the target level for the max item level for the weekly chest?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Hot take: Echoes made BFA amazing because now people are actually doing BGs and Arenas semi-seriously who normally would not.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Hot take: Echoes made BFA amazing because now people are actually doing BGs and Arenas semi-seriously who normally would not.

Yeah I love it. It's why I also loved essences early on too. I think it's an amazing balance when it comes to this because it's an almost mandatory system but you get echos from any content. Arenas just happen to be the best but you absolutely do not need to do them.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Since we're big time stretching anyways, could maybe make an argument for Trial of the Crusader being Bastion.

It's all about order, you have to fight to become worthy in the eyes of the crowd surrounding you, and there are insane dark undertones lying beneath while being sold to you as a place of honor. There's also literally Val'kyr for some reason.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Since we're big time stretching anyways, could maybe make an argument for Trial of the Crusader being Bastion.

It's all about order, you have to fight to become worthy in the eyes of the crowd surrounding you, and there are insane dark undertones lying beneath while being sold to you as a place of honor. There's also literally Val'kyr for some reason.
Bastion literally drops from TOTC. #mindblown

• 1Like
  • 1Blown

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Well finally got AOTC for the mount doing a 30 man tank run, shit is wild, but now I can do fuck all until shadowlands comes out.

Still only 10/11 for the tier since you can't really do Il'gynoth with 30 tanks all that well and the mind control.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like