World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Warmode is great because it removed the problem of being stuck on a lopsided population PvP server unless you were willing to drop money and pay for a transfer. Now you can stay on the server, turn warmode off, and still get shit done instead of being constantly camped and outnumbered. And you can pick and choose when you feel like participating in PvP without it being a binary choice at character creation that you cannot undo without spending money.

Fuckin yeeeeup.

I have never not been on a pvp server and 100% of my "super cool pvp battles" are me getting ass fucked by a max level while leveling /or/ some shit heel killing a quest npc for 4 hours. (can do this with warmode off if any of you are assfucks.)

Fuck you.

Yea, that 2 hours 8 years ago was super cool. It ain't that anymore.

Cunts.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
So, with Gushing Wounds nerfed, is the only corruption worth having on Unholy DKs Expedience and Racing Pulse?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You never found world PvP to be compelling gameplay? What the fuck?
What compelling gameplay mechanic is there from faction pvp? How is killing a horde any different than if you could kill an alliance character?
Characters will BIS azerite, BIS essences and BIS corruption are absolute monsters to a degree that's never really been the case before as far as I'm aware.
The truly retarded part is how insanely complex its become.

Have to know the other classes.

Have to know The azerite traits.

Have to know the azerite essences.

Have to know the corruption effects.

It is just out right stupid how much is going on in the game right now. PVP isnt fun because I dont know what the hell is going on 90% of the time. Just even in prot spec with 460+ gear I still get annihilated.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What compelling gameplay mechanic is there from faction pvp? How is killing a horde any different than if you could kill an alliance character?
Because other people from your faction come and join the fight and help out? And then sometimes other horde come in and join?

The BFA Faction Assaults and Battle for Nazjatar (off hours when it doesn't lag) are pretty fun and the faction fights over tagging rare spawns in Mechagon are also fun.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So, with Gushing Wounds nerfed, is the only corruption worth having on Unholy DKs Expedience and Racing Pulse?

They should push through a new simcraft update soon, and then you can get a best guess w/o actually simming your toon (dungeon slice option lines up with AoE sims, a bit better):

Last edited:

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh, now I get it. The best part about Warmode is turning world PvP off because world PvP in WoW is shit. Got it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Warmode forces actual wpvp to happen with bounties and chests more often than not. It's literally the only time in the entire games history wpvp has had any sort of purpose, and I love it.

Unless you talk about Nazjatar, which doesn't have anything inherently wrong with it other than the servers completely unable to participate in what's going on. But it's all day back and forth pushing each others bases, and it's great. Until the entire alliance population zones in.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
also haven't seen this posted, but they changed how torments work in Torghast. It's no longer timed, and quite frankly I'm fully fine with them making it work this way instead. They've actually been listening and it's fucking weird. Buff the mobs, don't debuff the player.

• Torments no longer scale with time.
  • Torments are now additional challenges based on the floor types you have encountered on this run.
    • Developers’ notes: We’ve heard your feedback that Torments were adding too much time pressure. The Jailer may still torment you on higher levels of Torghast, but Torments will not scale with time.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
also haven't seen this posted, but they changed how torments work in Torghast. It's no longer timed, and quite frankly I'm fully fine with them making it work this way instead. They've actually been listening and it's fucking weird. Buff the mobs, don't debuff the player.

• Torments are now additional challenges based on the floor types you have encountered on this run.
    • Developers’ notes: We’ve heard your feedback that Torments were adding too much time pressure. The Jailer may still torment you on higher levels of Torghast, but Torments will not scale with time.
Still wouldn't bet they won't find a way to fuck it up entirely by the time it releases.

• 1Truth!

xzi

Mouthbreather
Still wouldn't bet they won't find a way to fuck it up entirely by the time it releases.

hF2qQq6.gif

• 1Worf

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can understand some pessimism but they clearly listened to feed back and took steps in the direction people were asking them to go. Shitting on them for doing what they are asked to do by their fans seems like a good way to get the devs to say fuck it again and stop bothering to get feedback like BFA.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can understand some pessimism but they clearly listened to feed back and took steps in the direction people were asking them to go. Shitting on them for doing what they are asked to do by their fans seems like a good way to get the devs to say fuck it again and stop bothering to get feedback like BFA.
Welcome to the WoW thread....

• 1Salty

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well technically, the fans said "yeah that's great no time restrictions leave it like that", then Blizzard went and created a problem by adding torments, and now they've listened and removed the problem they added because they didn't listen in the first place. So yeah, I don't know, kinda cancels out. The other glaring issue about the expansion are Covenants being permanently locked and the obvious impossibility for them to be balanced and people have complained a lot about that and they haven't hinted at a change just yet.

They have been changing some stuff positively so that's nice(firemage ignite spreading shit I saw several posts about for example), but I was just saying I wouldn't bet on them deciding they still want to do shit "their way" last minute and fuck it all up. If they don't, good for them. I already bought the expansion either way so I'd rather get good stuff, I'm not hoping for bad stuff, just it's not really off the table.

Malkav

French Madman
I was actually surprised at their fire mage change, because they straight took the suggestion from the community.

If you watch FinalBossTV first pass fire mage video from like 2 weeks ago, when he talked about community feedback, he was like "why not use phoenix flames to spread ignite instead?". And here we are.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
After we return from the Shadowlands it's 2000 years in the future and insane, evil gnomes have taken over the world and are trying to hack into the WoW servers, and it's an absurd cyberpunk expansion in the same vein of Reboot and Saint's Row 4.

Dalien

Registered Hodor

They did that but they still missed the mark. They should not be in, period, but this is another example of them digging their heels in on some shit idea that nobody wants.

From the feedback thread:
Further, this update takes the least disruptive ones and removes the timer, but (apparently) does nothing to mitigate the Torments that simply kill you for going AFK. I ran with Fracturing Forces and timed the Shadestalker spawn. First spawn was just over one minute. I used Feign Death, watched it despawn, got into combat with another enemy, timed it again, and a Shadestalker spawned within 4 seconds. Wanting to see how quickly the Shadestalkers can kill you, I stood there and did not fight back. Total time between leaving combat and being killed was just 28 seconds. I released spirit and waited for another Shadestalker spawn, about 30 seconds. This is incredibly punitive for players who may need to AFK mid floor for any reason, and will completely kill the content for me, and I expect for others who may have urgent and unpredictable short AFKs, like to soothe a crying child at night, to use the bathroom, to answer the door, etc.

If they're dead set on this "Torment" idea (they are) then they should only show up on the upper floors where poopsocking may occur.