World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
last boss is you stand in the middle and spin the shield to block the orbs coming at illidan while he casts "dispel shadows". only the tank should be in the middle the rest of the dps need to kill the shadows and dodge the bat aoe's on the floor. he was bugged where you couldn't see the orbs yesterday (supposedly fixed), but the aoe's from the bats do about 1 million damage and its pretty easy for the entire group to stand in several if they aren't paying attention. the Pug DH in our group would instantly one shot himself by just zipping through them with felrush and trying to get back to the shadow. same people who were in trade chat complaining "I CANT START AK 26 BLIZZ FUCKED US" or "I DONT HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL TRAITS IS THE PATCH BUGGED".

tldr; people dont read the dungeon journal/watch a youtube video/read patch notes/care about doing crap.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
last boss is you stand in the middle and spin the shield to block the orbs coming at illidan while he casts "dispel shadows". only the tank should be in the middle the rest of the dps need to kill the shadows and dodge the bat aoe's on the floor. he was bugged where you couldn't see the orbs yesterday (supposedly fixed), but the aoe's from the bats do about 1 million damage and its pretty easy for the entire group to stand in several if they aren't paying attention. the Pug DH in our group would instantly one shot himself by just zipping through them with felrush and trying to get back to the shadow. same people who were in trade chat complaining "I CANT START AK 26 BLIZZ FUCKED US" or "I DONT HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL TRAITS IS THE PATCH BUGGED".

tldr; people dont read the dungeon journal/watch a youtube video/read patch notes/care about doing crap.
It was the invisible balls part.

Though knowing you can DPS through the timer is just fucking hilarious.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think that at this point, they really want this game to end. This patch is horrid by any standard. Everquest patches were not this bad and by now they should know what they are doing but they honestly do not. If any other developer had created a game like this and then started patching with this kind of quality and change, the game would disappear. The patches are not really adding anything. It literally is more of the same with perhaps the pet battle change being the only real change.

Yay more dailies. That is what I wanted to do with my main again. I need yet another reputation? At this point, shouldn't the entire universe know who I am?? I do not mind reputation resets between expansions but between patches is getting old. Also this new content is not new at all. We did this with the last expansion.

Is this the game now?

We change the graphics with a new enemy with higher hitpoints and power. We then add multiple reputations that have you doing daily stuff that has no challenge and quickly gets old. Later we add in new graphics with higher power and an "Island". This island magically allows you then to take flight everywhere, but to get this, you have to do dailies with no challenge that quickly gets old. Also they add a armor vendor that you can use crystals/tokens/shards/shit piles to trade with.

The end.

Rinse and repeat. I finally might just be irritated enough to say I am done. It is time to start looking at other games as it is apparent that Blizzard will not come out with anything new.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm sure it's been posted but my only issue with mob scaling currently is that I'm fighting 900+ mobs and getting 855 rewards.. something doesn't seem right. I mean I just go prot and it's not an issue whatsoever other than taking an extra minute but it's kind of retarded to face harder content and not be appropriately rewarded for it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Hey, Valve does that with Dota 2 !

Of course, they bugfix that shit within hours and there's no condescending CM fanning the flames.
You forgot the part where ice frog always understood how to nerf a character slightly without utterly destroying them and instead of nerfing he usually perfered buff others. One of my favorite things back when I played was you didn't have to fear patch day it was always a joy to look at what he was doing

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You're shit, kid.

Also, you should totally quit WoW and come poopsock on Agnarr server.
Negative, I do not enjoy playing EQ and also I am a guild leader to the premier Fires of Heaven Mythic Raiding Guild.

Shamelessly stolen from reddit

ZHmldGO.png

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
What's crazy to me is did they really put stuff out like the level scaling with no large scale testing? That's software 101 right there. People over the years have tried this at work and I've seen some serious stuff go wrong because of it - often with emergency patches. The difference for us of course was our customers could just leave - people will still play this game.

I think that because "it's just a video game" they can get away with pushing out buggy unfinished shit. Imagine if someone programming like banking or air traffic control software put out a patch with this many bugs.

Also I'm dumbfounded about the mobs ilvl scaling, no wonder my cloth ass was almost dying on simple pulls last night. So I just looted Kil'Jaeden's Legendary Dildo of Demon Fucking and that fucking moose down the road is more powerful now? wut

I think they may have realized what a retarded idea this is because they just posted they're rolling it back somewhat:

Thanks for the feedback on this issue. It’s clear that we need to make some changes here, so here are our current plans:

• We’re removing the increase to damage dealt by creatures in the world. Our overall goal with this change is to keep the amount of time it takes to kill a creature from getting ridiculously short, and increasing the damage they deal is unnecessary for that goal. Instead, this was making you feel like they were becoming more dangerous, which was not our intent.
  • We’re significantly reducing the rate at which creature health scales with your item level. Again, all we’re trying to do here is prevent cases where monsters die too quickly for players to react to their presence, particularly around World Quests. Our initial tuning was far more aggressive than it needed to be, which could make it feel like your upgrades weren't actually helping. This change will make it very clear that you are still becoming noticeably stronger than your enemies as your gear improves.
  • Those two changes are already live, and you should be seeing them in-game now.
  • Later today, we’ll be correcting a separate issue that’s causing unequipping an item to drastically alter the power of enemies you’re facing. The above changes make it so that’s never the right thing to do anyway, but this is still a strange/buggy interaction that needs to be fixed.

It should also be noted that this change was on the Patch 7.2 PTR (and has been since January). We didn’t communicate anything about it initially because we wanted to get testers’ raw and honest feedback about it when they encountered it themselves, rather than attempting to pre-empt or otherwise influence their opinions ahead of time. When that feedback never came, we assumed that meant it was an acceptable change – i.e., those who hadn’t noticed it weren’t bothered by it, and those who had noticed it thought it was fine. Clearly that was a false assumption, and we should have drawn attention to it later in the PTR cycle, so that we could have caught these issues before Patch 7.2 went live.

edit: Also a hearty LOL at "we didn't tell you it was on PTR cause we wanted to see if you noticed and would give honest feedback! Nobody said shit so we figured it was ok to sneak these changes into 7.2!".

xzi

Mouthbreather
7.2 Content timeline bluepost:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753756142?page=1#1

We’ve seen some confusion around the availability and timing of various aspects of the 7.2 patch, and we’d like to clarify our plans for releasing the remaining pieces of Patch 7.2’s content:

• Week 2 (next week): Legion Assaults begin, first PvP Brawl becomes available
  • Week 3: Chapter 5 of the Class Order Hall campaign unlocks, which activates new followers, new Order Hall upgrades, and class-specific World Quests
  • Week 4+: Ongoing story pieces unlock, leading up to the eventual opening of the Tomb of Sargeras raid, and the ability to earn Class Mounts

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I need to know when TOS releases because I have a goddamn soul sucking baby coming July 1st

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I think that because "it's just a video game" they can get away with pushing out buggy unfinished shit. Imagine if someone programming like banking or air traffic control software put out a patch with this many bugs.

Also I'm dumbfounded about the mobs ilvl scaling, no wonder my cloth ass was almost dying on simple pulls last night. So I just looted Kil'Jaeden's Legendary Dildo of Demon Fucking and that fucking moose down the road is more powerful now? wut

I think they may have realized what a retarded idea this is because they just posted they're rolling it back somewhat:

edit: Also a hearty LOL at "we didn't tell you it was on PTR cause we wanted to see if you noticed and would give honest feedback! Nobody said shit so we figured it was ok to sneak these changes into 7.2!".

The thing was, people did actually mention it on PTR, they were just 100% ignored and lots of other people who didn't notice it called them crackpots basically.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
A lot of abilities have been broken since patch. Divine storm, and ive heard reports of DKs and frost mages having issues too. It seems to be spells that have a shaped projectile component to them, they are failing to deal damage to things that are clearly inside of their usual area of effect. Wouldn't be surprised if its related to the issues with trilliax beam and elisande rings seeing as those are moving projectiles with hitboxes also. but who knows.

Yeah, I did some WQs on my ret, and they borked the z-axis on Divine Storm for sure - if I was on an incline or the mob was tall, it wouldn't hit (though the 10% aftereffect would).

#JustBlizzardThings