World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Which is my point, for every person that gets the luck my Monk did and gets bis WW, and bis BrM in his first few there are 10 people who get shit on repeatedly by the system.

Would any really complain if your M+ cache had a 100% chance to have a legendary in it at this point? would people (like myself) with all their legendaries be salty that the "common folk" have options? i doubt it. It's very late into the expansion at the moment, they should open the flood gates.

I understand staggering legendary drop rates early in the expansion with the idea that by the end you would have all of them eventually, it still sucks but its how it works, but catching up to geared characters and getting a character raid ready at this point is a daunting task. Pre-7.0 getting an alt ready basically meant unlocking a few story line events, and running heroic once or twice and you were set for mythic.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They are going to need to drastically increase legendary drop rates soon if they expect anyone to play any alts whatsoever. I have an above average play time, and i just got my last legendary last night for my spec, luckily i front loaded all my good legendary's and the last one was just a sephuz but had this been one of the "class balancing" legendary's i cant imagine the salt i would have. the Sephuz actually dropped from a chest on the brokenshore of all places.

At this point in the expansion if you are leveling an alt its extremely unlikely you are going to be able to get a targeted legendary in the near term, you may get lucky but its GG if you only want a specific one. I wouldn't be opposed to "do 10 emissary's and get a legendary" at this point , its a time gate but we know blizzard loves those. Something that would guarantee a drop instead of doing what most people are doing and clearing old content and praying they get lucky. Maybe have the new argus currency buy tokens that turn into legos, price them exceptionally high or cap the currency gained per day so you will be able to get 1-2 lego's before Argus raid opens. its painful at the moment for anyone that wants to switch mains between raid tiers and cant spend 12 hours a day running mythics. I dont know how many times ive seen people reroll to dps classes (warriors) and get aggramar's and mannoroths bracers as their first 2, my Blood Dk got cloak (taking magic damage heals you) and aggramar's as my first two..great.

Or they just need to keep the boost that is in effect for the first legendary on a character in place for remaining ones. On my alts most generally have gotten at least 1 or 2 legendaries pretty fast but after that the drop rate seems to go WAAAAAY down. So getting to the max you can wear at one time is not that bad but getting ones that are optimal for you is a total crapshoot.

Rime

<Donor>
As someone who has almost every single Legendary on their main (Mage - Have all the frost, missing 1 Fire, 3 Arcane), I would 110% be fine with M+ Weekly box giving a 100% legendary. Or if you want to make sure people are not scrubbing it up with hundreds of alts, make it completing a +10 gives you a 20%, +11 a +40% and up. Hell. Make it +15 = 50% and +10% per +1 over that to really get people grinding them, because that is content - RIGHT GUYS?!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yep. Was a Mythic raiding guild in WoD, but not enough people stuck around in Legion due to RNG/Difficult Catch Up mechanics (The catch up for AP has gotten better - it is still hot AIDs for Legendaries, however). Combine that with my Medium-Low Server population dipping down to Low and... we are cutting our third raid night and just doing Normal (alts)/Heroic (Almost down to a 3 hour clear).
What time you guys raid?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm still salty that I haven't gotten my best lego. I have two left to get and if I get the fucking cloak next, I'll probably delete my character. It's one of the two required legendaries and I've had to do what I can without it. I straight logged the fuck off for a couple days when my last lego that dropped was Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus . I'm sure that's what Blizzard initially intended when they designed the legendary system. So much for "fun factor". I don't know how to improve the current method without simply giving them to players. This isn't fucking Diablo where legendaries are spilling out of my ass, and RNG is only fucking me on stat rolls. Missing this item is literally keeping me from being competitive.

We're 14 days from a year on this expansion, I mean, fucking c'mon already.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I mean, they can't just make examples out of only NA guilds and never enforce the rules for EU. I'm surprised they did with all honesty.

Sucks he disqualified his entire m+ team though unless they get a good last member in time (I'm not sure when the entries close?)

myxio

Molten Core Raider
As affliction warlock what do I want?

The helm, belt, chest, and new talent ring are all really good. The corruption ring, cloak and bracers are more situational, but still decent. The rest won't really be used once you get better ones.

I originally thought the shard vendor was going to be a way to target leggos, but then they decided to kill shard farming...

xzi

Mouthbreather
The same it is now but they dropped about 5x as much, which honestly wasn't even excessive at the time and made people actually want to do the sentinax

Palum

what Suineg set it to
First build in the beta series spotted: Updated World of Warcraft Beta Build Config

Looks like we might get more than an official 7.3 trailer at Gamescom...

I still think Kul Tiras is a red herring. It's probable that Jaina and her father's island will be tangentially involved (like simply being mentioned in the opening cinematic or as a small zone launching point) but I doubt it'll be that simple. I'm going to guess it'll be underwater/underground/dark side of azeroth stuff. They can't just do another island theme back to back so there's going to have to be a primary set piece that's wildly different than "another island in the maelstrom".

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I thought 7.3 might release before or at gamescon, I forgot the dates. It's only natural this is about the time they'd announce an expac.

As of this month we are one year into legion. I do have to say, this expansion hooked me more than others.

Got my warlock to 110 and some bros ran some dungeons to get me up to 830. No Lego yet :(