World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well they can completely change what an ability does... as long as they don't change the ability name. Minor changes unless the name of the ability changes.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
for tanks i would say

EN : Druid/Warrior
Trial: Druid/Warrior
NH: Druid/Monk
ToS: Druid/Monk/DK

Warrior isn't scaling well so they had a massive drop off in NH, they are still fine for ToS heroic/mythic you just lose a lot of raid utility by not going with a Druid (roar) or a DK (leech) Monk is still great at taking large hits but DK can fill that role and bring a bit of utility that monks dont bring. monks win out on self-mobility though which is something that can kill a DK fairly quickly, there is also the issue with unlucky parries where you'll need to pop a personal that wont be available when you need it later.

I hope the changes to ignore pain in BFA makes warrior tanks competitive again.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah the arti transition could be really tricky. Fire mages will be totally wrecked if they just drop all the arti buffs and abilities, frost will be fine without the arti spell but is boring as fuck to play anyway (seriously, we got one tier where something other than frost was on top, and it happened to be EN, the worst raid in years). Arcane I honestly don't even know what the fuck is up with.

TBH I just really don't like the Frost playstyle that much right now, clunky, awkward, reactive and repetitive rotation, I was sick to death of it by the end of WOD and the changes made it even worse in Legion. If Frost ends up on top again without some revision I'm going to have to seriously consider a change of mains (which sucks because I love mages as a class).

Azrayne

I'd take SPriest over Affl (although in fairness, I haven't raided on either), SPriest feels a lot like the old vanilla lock, with the mashup of nukes and DOT's. Straight DOT/drain rotation gets old fast for me.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'd take SPriest over Affl (although in fairness, I haven't raided on either), SPriest feels a lot like the old vanilla lock, with the mashup of nukes and DOT's. Straight DOT/drain rotation gets old fast for me.

Mind flay? Lol

SPriest is fun enough to dick around with but it's so boring and needlessly frantic in raids during during void form. S2M was kinda fun just because the risk/reward hilarity of dying but doing void form rotation over and over is just meh, especially on multi target fights.

Azrayne

Yeah but there are still nukes worked in there, and overall the playstyle just feels more impactful to me. Personal preference though, I know some people really get it up for the whole DOT thing, and power to them.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
LAWL World PVP - When can we just remove this shit from the game. There is no war between factions you fucking clowns stop trying to pretend there is.

With this week’s maintenance, we’ll be applying some hotfixes intended to slow down damage in world PvP:

• Non-tank specializations now take 40% less damage from enemy players while engaged in world PvP
  • We have reduced the PvP effectiveness of a number of trinkets and Legion Legendaries that contributed to excessive burst damage:

Our intent with these changes is to reduce the amount of initial burst damage dealt by players in world PvP, especially when using certain legendary items or trinkets, giving the player being attacked more opportunity to react. While we want to maintain the “anything goes” nature of world PvP in Legion, we do want you to have at least some chance to retaliate, even when caught by surprise.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Shadow priest is ok but why not just play afflic warlock? It's the same thing but easier and more camage
Because for some reason I can't figure out I am attached to a single character. Too bad it's shit to play.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I mean, you can say that there is no war between factions all you want and that's fine but I am literally 1shotting everybody that isn't a plate wearer in world pvp. I'm surprised it took them this long to do SOMETHING about it. Now my arti ability on prot won't destroy retards that think they can 1v1 :(

It's just really bad from a gameplay perspective.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This has gotta be the grindiest between tiers I've ever experienced in this game. I don't think even TBC was this bad. The amount of rehashed content I have to do in order to keep up is just insane. I feel bad for the people in world 50 guilds that have to keep up multiple classes. Seriously miss when I could just casual play with hardcore spurts every week before a tier came out and still be "casual mythic raiding tier". Just log in do some xmog runs or achievment runs and have fun between tiers and content patches. Hope they tone this shit down next expac.

Anyway this helped me segment my playtime a bit.

Artifact Power Grinding (Antorus)

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This has gotta be the grindiest between tiers I've ever experienced in this game. I don't think even TBC was this bad. The amount of rehashed content I have to do in order to keep up is just insane. I feel bad for the people in world 50 guilds that have to keep up multiple classes. Seriously miss when I could just casual play with hardcore spurts every week before a tier came out and still be "casual mythic raiding tier". Just log in do some xmog runs or achievment runs and have fun between tiers and content patches. Hope they tone this shit down next expac.

Anyway this helped me segment my playtime a bit.

Artifact Power Grinding (Antorus)

I completely feel you on this. So I started playing this game again about a month ago and getting one character up and to par really wasn't that bad, but the rehashed shit for each character is not fun at all. I am all for grinding out dungeons or hitting up raids as I find that enjoyable but they shove these forced story lines up your ass with no way to bypass their gated bullshit. It's a big turn off, and really you don't have to go through all of it as you can just raid with a character and skip all the tedious bullshit but you are severely limiting your gearing options by doing so.

Thankfully they fixed Artifact Knowledge to something a little less awful as it's game wide but even with that grinding up different specs is a drag. Opening all the quests on Argus and the missions and orderhall shit that goes along with it is fine once maybe even twice but after that it sucks.

Then lastly the Legendaries still needs a better catch up mechanic. They went a long way to fixing it with the you "quickly" get 2 per spec which doesn't always happen fast but the cross spec items counting towards this can still really buttfuck a new character vs another. You can either get lucky and manage 6 solid useable legos or you can get fucked with 2.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Shadow priest wrecks shit in pvp and on cleave fights (most boss fights) but holy shit is it soul sucking having to do any world quests on them.

The world pvp changes are pretty funny, with BrM burst i can 1v4 if they are grouped up and not die (did it last night).

for those that dont know why BrM is broken in world pvp i'll break it down.

we have a honor talent that makes our dot breath of fire do a few second disorient (interupts casting etc) but also doubles the cooldown of Breath of fire (around 20 seconds). but the legendary tunic makes breath of fire instantly come off cooldown as soon as we keg smash, and the lego shoulders give us 2 charges of keg smash. so basically it goes keg smash, breath, kegsmash, breath, stun,bos/tp, kegsmash breath. with the keg smashes having a 20% chance to trigger another keg smash (that can chain) and them doing ~1.5-2 million each, even plate wearers melt and dont really have much time to fight back. and a guaranteed 8+ seconds of cc (usually longer) - keg smash, bof, and our stun are all aoe abilities as well.

Monk hit 72 AP last night, i dont do emissary's, i dont grind WQ, i run 1 M+ a week. all of my AP comes from order hall missions, invasions (the ones that give argunite shards) and the occasional world quest that im hoping for a titanforge off of.

rogue is 69, same situation, i dont do emissary's but i did farm a few WQ. i think after we hit 55 AK getting up to 71-72 will be fairly easy, and then 72-75 will take a few weeks.

Last edited:

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Fucking worthless spec. Noone rolled a hunter to be melee since vanilla when even the most retarded of RPers got shat on for DPS vs ranged.
The amusing part is that Beastmastery is one ability away from being a melee spec.