World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Anyone know when the patch that introduces those subraces is expected to hit?

Nobody really knows and it's all speculation. It could be part of the pre-patch for BfA, it could be when BfA launches. It could be when they redo the leveling which is the current PTR. Some think it might be next week since they need to patch and add in all this PTR shit for the Call of the Scarab micro event horseshit which will probably bring with it the update for the legos and stuff.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
OK, thought it would be in the .5 patch they're testing now. I'll just wait patiently. I've sort of burned out for a while, will hop on an level a new toon once they're out.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Most of the data for the races appear to be in .5, but the activation of the quests to unlock them will probably be delayed to 8.0.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They're putting a lot of allied race shit in .5 which has part of Mr hoping they'll be active. It'd be pretty sweet to give people something to do in the interim.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
All the allied shit is going "live" in .5, however you won't be able to unlock the races until bfa preorders go live. I'm not sure if you'll be able to do the precursor quests or not prior to preorder.

We use a simple loot council, like 4-5 voting members and they base it on attendance/upgrade etc. its 100% required that our dps sim though, so usually they'll put how strong an upgrade is in their notes if they want an item "this is 1% better than what i have".

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have a love-hate relationship with loot council's. Seen it work beautifully and seen it work very lopsided (by a gay man harassing me and giving me a fuck ton of loot)

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
lol, yea its a little shit sometimes, its not a perfect system.

We funneled 2 new trials we had a bunch of loot when antorus first opened 4pc/trinkets because by all regards they were good mechanically sound players, just were a bit undergeared. then they both decided to retire about a week into mythic. overall im pretty satisfied with us running a loot council, i usually get an upgrade fairly often (i'm 970 in full ilevel gear) it just gets muddied when it comes to "rerolls" as generally tanks never get tier rerolls since its usually such a minor upgrade. so hopefully you roll high your first time, got lucky and got 970 pants last night and 980 (with avoidance) shoulders from heroic.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
4 of the 6 allied races will unlock and be available come 7.3.5 (if you have the reputation). You're not going to get the two races that are endemic to the expansion since you need to unlock those, and their reputations/quests aren't available like Nighthold, Highmountain, Lightforged, and Void elf (Argussian reach). That means no Zandalari trolls or Dark Iron dwarves.... which sucks because I was planning on rolling a Zandalari and I'll just have to wait.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The allied races will be our bridge content while waiting on BfA to land. It will require buying BfA, ie pre-purchase. Legion went on pre-purchase in April and released on August 30th, for reference.

Edit: Also, the achievement for getting the heritage armor is 110, not 120, so you can be pretty sure at least the 4 allied races in 7.3.5 will come out before 8.0.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It's kind of weird that they decided to give Horde two more Druid races and alliance none...

Highmountain (Horde)
Druid
Hunter
Monk
Shaman
Warrior

Nightborne (Horde)
Hunter
Mage
Monk
Priest
Rogue
Warlock
Warrior

Lightforged (Alliance)
Hunter
Mage
Paladin
Priest
Warrior

Void Elf (Alliance)
Hunter
Mage
Monk
Priest
Rogue
Warlock
Warrior

Dark Iron Dwarves and Zandalari Troll classes aren't disclosed other than that trolls can be druids, and dwarves may be able to be death knights.

xzi

Mouthbreather
IIRC on the PTR one of the requirements to have the new race isn't just rep but owning BFA too. Unless they put up pre-orders this week I doubt we'll be seeing them this patch.

But they're stupid as shit if they don't do it this patch, coming with the leveling changes and all.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nah, it's "content" to let you level now and with the new races. Also, level a new guy now and pay for a race change later. Seems fine from a business standpoint.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They're putting a lot of allied race shit in .5 which has part of Mr hoping they'll be active. It'd be pretty sweet to give people something to do in the interim.

Oh yes if they can release the first four of the allied races as things to unlock/play I will have plenty to keep me busy with before the next expansion comes out. It would give me a good excuse to try out the new level scaling bringing one a couple of these up to 110.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nah, it's "content" to let you level now and with the new races. Also, level a new guy now and pay for a race change later. Seems fine from a business standpoint.

If they release them when preorders are available it should help curb the normal last patch sub decline as people go on hiatus until the new expansion gets close so from a business perspective it seems like it makes a lot of sense. Gives people 4 of the 6 early gives people time to level them to max level to play as a main if they want and still has 2 races that come with the expansion proper for more content once that
It's kind of weird that they decided to give Horde two more Druid races and alliance none...

Highmountain (Horde)
Druid
Hunter
Monk
Shaman
Warrior

Nightborne (Horde)
Hunter
Mage
Monk
Priest
Rogue
Warlock
Warrior

Lightforged (Alliance)
Hunter
Mage
Paladin
Priest
Warrior

Void Elf (Alliance)
Hunter
Mage
Monk
Priest
Rogue
Warlock
Warrior

Dark Iron Dwarves and Zandalari Troll classes aren't disclosed other than that trolls can be druids, and dwarves may be able to be death knights.

Blizzard has said they don't really feel tied class parity between factions as much now so you probably wind up with dark irons and light forged paladin options on alliance and two druid options on the horde side. As long as the classes make sense for the race it should be fine it is not like night elves and worgen are unpopular on the alliance side for druids or that there is any lack of druids. I think one reason so many of the new races are getting monk as an option is due to monks being pretty underplayed in general compared to other classes.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Still waiting for goblin monk considering there is one in our class hall

Probably going to be a while since I think the reason they stated for worgen/goblins not being able to be monks was that they don't have the updated character models needed for the monk animations.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone know when the patch that introduces those subraces is expected to hit?

Next week is the unlock of the final wing of antorus which brings the changes to silithus to everybody which is needed for the stuff in the patch to make much sense. So probably by the end of jan early feb would be my guess. I would have to think they are probably trying to get it out before the silithus mini event comes out towards the end of jan.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Probably going to be a while since I think the reason they stated for worgen/goblins not being able to be monks was that they don't have the updated character models needed for the monk animations.
I think their reason was they came out after mists of pandaria or something??