World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Needless

Toe Sucker
those fox models stand exactly like the goblin models, i would assume they're just recyling them and slapping a tail on it

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Force personal loot is just about the dumbest thing i've ever heard (2nd dumbest, right after legion legos).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Given the amount of models, animations and stuff, it's either a playable race or a race you "disguise" yourself during questing, and the work done seems a bit too much for 15-30mn of quests.

I would have to agree with this. They keep adding more and more player type emote animations I can't imagine they would bother with all of these just for in game cinematic stuff. Putting that much time and work really screams player race. Even the illusion forms you disguise yourself in maybe have a dance emote and some other really basic emotes they don't get most of the other player social emotes. They did say they wanted to rework the worgen so rigging up the vulpera face/heads may get used for worgen facial upgrades.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Blizzard is never going to stop bleeding edge raiders from maximizing their efficiency. And yet they keep trying, to the detriment of the entire rest of the player base.

• 1Solidarity

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just bring back rep grinding and resistance gear am I right?

Oh and keying

EDIT: Also goes to show how vertical and linear the progression has become. Maybe need to branch progression out a little bit instead of "here's your PVE progression track and here is your PVP progression track"

I believe they tried to something like that with legos but in a horrible way.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God no. I'm saying they keep taking this measures to kill the 1% of the 1% ability to organize and do something super effecient by completely changing mechanics when they could just lock progression behind artificial walls like they did back in vanilla. Of course that is also a bad idea. Maybe have iLVL go up as you crawl through a raid would help but I agree that the master looter is the single dumbest decision they have ever made in this game. Even worse then legos.

Khane

Gotcha. Yea Ion seems to have a hard-on for making content difficult for even the Method's of the world. As if it's a problem if they plow through the raid in a week. The current difficulty of Mythic raiding is alienating a huge portion of the playerbase for no good reason.

Removing TF/WF would go a lot further in stopping split runs and also balancing the beginning of a new tier.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They could mostly kill split raids by having mandatory personal loot and no Warforging.

My raid has been exclusively personal loot for two tiers. It sucks for set pieces but isn’t that bad otherwise.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They could mostly kill split raids by having mandatory personal loot and no Warforging.

My raid has been exclusively personal loot for two tiers. It sucks for set pieces but isn’t that bad otherwise.
Hi welcome to the thread

Forced personal loot is fucking retarded. I would expect someone from EJ to understand this.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

I think he misspoke in one of those last 2 posts because he contradicted himself.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's dumb because in terms of problems, split raiding is such a tiny issue that affects 0.001% of guilds. It doesn't even matter anyways if a EU guild can come to a raid and still beat the US to kills. A guild at methods level isn't going to be deterred by s few pieces of loot.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think he misspoke in one of those last 2 posts because he contradicted himself.

I didn’t, there just wasn’t a clear connection between the two posts. Personal loot does nothing to stop split raiding because the loot can just be traded. HOWEVER, the loot is only tradeable because you have looted and kept a piece of gear in that slot that is equal or higher ilevel. If they were to remove warforging, then even the bleeding edge would not be able to funnel loot because they wouldn’t have looted higher ilevel. They won’t remove warforging so it doesn’t matter and split raids won’t be affected since bleeding edge will have inflated ilevels already.

I agree noodle, mandatory personal loot is stupid. Raids should have a choice. Having said that, after having to use it, despite objecting, for two tiers, it isn’t that bad. However, in a world without legendaries where the average raider in my raid won’t have higher ilevel in all slots like now, I’m sure I will really despise it again in BfA. Unless they actually balance secondary stats this time (lol).

Edit: Actually, since head, shoulders, and chest cannot warforge it will definitely prevent trading of the three most important pieces, which is gonna suck.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Removing master loot will keep casulols in the game. I've been in a lot of guilds where loot broke up the guild or caused people to quit. Mostly in EQ but I've seen a fair share leave WoW for it as well. Now your casual guild can't funnel everything to the leader or that one guy who tops the meters.

My guess is it has less to do with the poopsocker and more to do with keeping the drain plug on fleeing casuals.

Khane

I sincerely doubt anyone has ever listed master loot as their reason for leaving the game.

• 1Solidarity