World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Ever since RC Loot Council has been a thing I have had zero qualms with loot, or it's distribution. Credit that to the last guild and to our resident Asian for being fair. I absolutely hated dkp and shit like that prior. Stocking points, or watching officers go negative thousands of dkp because "gear the tank". Personal loot removes a guilds capacity to allocate gear in a balanced manner, removing one pivotal point of rng. I hate getting personal loot that I can't use, and no one else needs because I'm one of two leather classes in the raid that needs specific secondaries.

I do like the personal loot on critical items like the trinkets, and their tokens. That gives a secondary objective and reason to actually do lesser raids, but not overall. It further dissociates the player from the group. It may be more "efficient", but it's less fun imo.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Furthermore, personal loot absolutely encourages gear class splits for dungeons and raids. Which screws mail and cloth wearers since they don't have a tank option. Allow a shaman and warlock tank and shit might be interesting since it would be "fair".

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It sucks when they break it though and it doesn't follow loot spec so you get the healing trinket instead of the dps one and they hotfixed it a week later but won't reimburse you

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If they add another tank they're fully retarded. It took them almost 2 years to finally balance the 6 we have

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We're only 3/11 Mythic and do master loot, obviously with turnover and new blood coming in there's some grumbling over senority but given how quickly most loot turns over and things go unneeded it comes down to the neverending battle of getting WF / TF or else disenchant. Too many worthless relics and trinkets that no one will ever use on the loot table versus some stat combinations that only exist in Mythic+ dungeons tie into that too.

If they're going to have D3 RNG forge bullshit on top of personal loot they need to apply the Argus trinket mechanic to manually forge more items from a raid alongside it. Otherwise get rid of it entirely because it has no business in a weekly lockout based loot distribution.

edit: forgot about sockets. Fuck that loot lottery part most of all.

Last edited:

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Taking away the option for master loot is shitty, and like all the complaints about PuG raids, if the people dont like master loot raids, leave them and find another/start one for fucks sake.

That being said, this was the first xpac we used personal loot the whole time, and there seemed to be less loot frustration or drama than in the past. It had its own issues, most pronounced when 2 or 3 people would have their 4 set bonus, and 2 or 3 others would still be at 0-1 pieces of tier. In BFA, that might not be much of an issue though, since they are getting rid of tier as we know it (the new raids might have 4 bosses that drop chest pieces which gives the new "tier" bonus).

As stated earlier, I could see weapons being a big issue, but they are making every class use attack/spell power as the base in their abilities, so effectively nerfing weapon importance for melee classes. I could see them going as far as making weapon stats the same or within 10% the stats of chest/helm to combat this complaint.

Have they said what they're doing about certain weapon drops, i.e. glaives since only DH can use them?

Yea, they are forcing everyone into personal loot, so a former master loot raid wont see 3 sets of gaves drop from an end boss 10 weeks in a row and come crying to the forums.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I sincerely doubt anyone has ever listed master loot as their reason for leaving the game.
No but that doesn't mean Blizzard isn't aware of the casulol drama and frustrations. I've never had an issue but I have seen guilds blow up over loot tons of times.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We're only 3/11 Mythic and do master loot, obviously with turnover and new blood coming in there's some grumbling over senority but given how quickly most loot turns over and things go unneeded it comes down to the neverending battle of getting WF / TF or else disenchant. Too many worthless relics and trinkets that no one will ever use on the loot table versus some stat combinations that only exist in Mythic+ dungeons tie into that too.

If they're going to have D3 RNG forge bullshit on top of personal loot they need to apply the Argus trinket mechanic to manually forge more items from a raid alongside it. Otherwise get rid of it entirely because it has no business in a weekly lockout based loot distribution.

edit: forgot about sockets. Fuck that loot lottery part most of all.
I am so glad no one in the guild grumbles about seniority. Many things in this game make me want to kill myself, but thankfully no one complains too much about loot .

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Our only gripes in FoH about loot are with the RNG system itself. I have 45 felhounds kills across all 4 difficulties (mostly heroic) with probably 30 seals wasted and no shadow-singed fang - but I'm 3/4 on Argus trinkets, one of which is Aman'thul's, and I've only killed him like 20 times.

• 1Worf

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Next hero class needs to be a Mail Healer/Tank.

If they add another class it should probably be ranged DPS/healer. We have had three melee classes add in a row and that is already a tough slot DPS wise on a lot of fights that punish melee. Honestly there are plenty of tank class options now as is.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Changing Survival hunters to melee was a really dumb idea, it was awesome as ranged.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users