World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Having a second role type is good but honestly another pure DPS is not a bad idea either. Generally if you have 2 or 3 DPS specs one of them is bound to be decent at any given patch.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Monk ranged dps spec - chi lightning, hadoken fireballs, etc. You could go through all sorts of arcade fighting games for inspiration.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
A different way to heal would be nice. Or make disc not be retarded.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Disc isn't retarded, just 99% of people are bad at it .

They should totally steal Blood mage concept from vanguard.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Disc isn't retarded, just 99% of people are bad at it .

They should totally steal Blood mage concept from vanguard.

Disc is one of those things that is an interesting idea and can be good but the default UI and game systems are poorly setup to use it without it feeling kinda clunky and hectic. With the right addons and setup I have seen it used to good effect. But without that it just feels like a lot of extra work for the same outcome.

norp

Bronze Squire
Chloramancer from Rift was really the only time I enjoyed a dps-healer hybrid. Disc is good, but I don't think it's particularly fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
DoK/WP from warhmmaer, Blood mage from vanguard and chloromancer from rift were all awesome.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Never understood why they changed Disc. I leveled a Disc healer back in Wrath and loved it. Never been able to get to grips with it since, and Holy seems overkill when it comes to the stuff I do (casual shit) so the poor fucker has been stuck at level 70 for years.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Never understood why they changed Disc. I leveled a Disc healer back in Wrath and loved it. Never been able to get to grips with it since, and Holy seems overkill when it comes to the stuff I do (casual shit) so the poor fucker has been stuck at level 70 for years.

I think they are having a hard time finding some balance between shield all of the things and you don't need any other healers and a clunky do damage to heal but done in the most micro managing way possible. If they did it like the chloromancer where doing damage innately heals in an area around that or you can shoot your stuff at friendlies to heal them directly without needing to constantly be tabbing through targets it would probably work better.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

I fuckin' loved Disc in Warlords, especially for an expansion that was utter shit. It was like a breath of fresh air after playing Moonkin for a decade. Then they had to shit all over it in Legion. It's functionally a paper tank class solo, and decent in raids, but nearly impossible to play in 5 mans since it lacks the raw healing throughput necessary.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Changing survival to melee was genius. It made it so there were only two hunter specs to give a shit about.

NO class should have 3 specializations of the same role. tank/heal/mdps/rdps. 2 of any is enough.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The game would be much better off if they removed at least one spec from every class (except maybe DH). "Specializations" are entirely different classes now anyway and that's a huge problem from a balancing standpoint. They haven't been "specialized" since they removed the original talent tree.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Change one spec from each class to a universal pet battled spec where you can customize aspects of your pet armies I'm.

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 7 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They are taking steps in BfA towards proper balancing they should have taken long ago. Weapons are nothing more than stat sticks and all tanks AM operates in the same manner.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I fuckin' loved Disc in Warlords, especially for an expansion that was utter shit. It was like a breath of fresh air after playing Moonkin for a decade. Then they had to shit all over it in Legion. It's functionally a paper tank class solo, and decent in raids, but nearly impossible to play in 5 mans since it lacks the raw healing throughput necessary.

They changed it because a disc priest or two could basically negate the need for any other healers on most content. If most things can barely breach the shielding nothing is taking any health damage so the disc priests are having fun and all the other healers have their thumbs up their butt feeling useless.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Question for you guys on the weekly M+ chest... do you need to beat the timer to get the chest or just complete the dungeon?

4 lego's so far on my slut elf lock and they are all meh, want the corruption ring dammit! Would like to get the M+ chest for more wakening essences. Thinking I could probably derp through a +2 solo but unsure if I could beat the timer.