World of Warcraft: Current Year

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
thats a hard question, for what kind of content?

druids are good since they can shift to bears for the arm buff
DH get crazy leech like twice a minute with 4pc/lego helm
mages can cheese a lot of mechanics with iceblock/coldsnap and invis cheeses a few abilities (like KJ's dreadflame)

In terms of raid content nothing beats a rogue or mage. There are so many "oh shit" buttons and second chances that most other classes don't get.

In terms of solo content probably hunter if you aren't counting warlock. In terms of M+ probably Druid.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been maining DH for a month and a half now. I only die when I get one shot. I spend more time in Demon Form with 100% leech then I do out of it at 50% crit.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i think my guild had something like 680ish wipes on Argus before they killed it (prenerf). its amazing how fast that fight goes like clockwork now, first pull they got him to .8% (lost overzealous dps in the last phase), next two we had dps do something stupid in P1, and we lost a healer in P2 so just wiped it prior to P3, and then the kill. Compare that with KJ and while the wipe #'s were just about the same im fairly certain we would die during P1 if we decided to go back and do it.

only issue i had during P3 is surviving too long during the scythes, i took scythe #6 twice which is less than optimal for the orb collector. overall its a pretty fun fight, i doubt ill come back for subsequent re-kills of Argus, even though that mount is sweet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
run demonic with the +leech in meta talent. I think i had the argus ring lego, and KJ trinket when i did it, so far from optimal.

Like Fyff Fyff said its the standard Demonic spec.

in phase 1 - chaos nova every time he puts you in the ice cage and felrush out, you can also fel rush over the middle lasers. every time you chaos nova your eyebeam will be up. and the demonic meta proc should be up long enough to more than top you off on HP. when the clones come out make sure you have 2 felrushs up and just get to him as fast as possible (i dont think i killed any of the ghosts) Save meta for phase 2

there is a slight gap between phases where if youre fast enough you can swap talents (i kept mine the same) but make sure you have nemesis for P2.

phase 2 - drums, pot, meta on the boss get him as low as you can (i saved meta till after the 1st add wave), save eyebeam, when the adds spawn eyebeam, blade dance, chaos nova. when you get on the boss for the 2nd time use meta and you should be able to kill him, if you get another wave of adds your eyebeam should be back up. i screwed up and had an add get to him and he healed from 1 of them and was still able to meta, stand in the goo and finish him (leech was stronger than the goo ticks).
After 23 attempts I finally beat the challenge. The hardest part for me was the arcane phase. That's where most of my deaths occurred. Sepuz helped out greatly due to the speed boost to reach him during that phase. The imprisonment trick helped greatly also locating him during the arcane phase.
Last phase was easy. I died the first time trying it cause I didn't pull him to the edge like a retard. Second try I popped a dps potion, used drums and went ape shit until the adds spawned. I went meta to kill the adds and went back the boss. I only had two sets of adds to spawns during the fight. I'm gonna try for the tanking one next. I remember trying it on my DK and it was pure cancer.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Soloing Mythic Hellfire Assault (HFC) as a paladin fucking blows btw but then I remembered Aggrammars Stride was a thing and then I was running at 145% movespeed while in combat.

Mixed with bear tartar and the speed buff you get from picking up the boxes I was at like 450% run speed

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
coming for that throne McCheese McCheese

MOId7qa.png

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I have like 300 unique pets but I don't do fuck all with them. Not a whole lot of reward or return and the combat system is slow as balls.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
McCheese McCheese Is there a difference in a pet's stats if you catch the pet at rare quality vs catching the pet at poor quality and using a stone to upgrade it to rare quality?

I'm at 583 unique pets and I just completed the wailing caverns challenge. I'm turning into a bona fide pet battlin' fool!

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The only pets that have different stats when upgraded to rare are caught pets, there's "breeds" with speed / power / health / balanced bonus (2 separate bonus). If you see fight strats that call for "PP breed", it means a pet with two power boni. Achievements/vendors/quests are almost always the same breed. I say almost because there's a couple pets that got in different breeds, so each alt would potentially get a different one (Iron Starlette, I'm looking at you).

That's a relic from the time where the pet system was supposed to include breeding, so you could breed two pets and get a variant (who would get 1 bonus at random from each parent). That was never implemented.

(and yes, pets were supposed to have a sex attribute for this, even if its not used)

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The only pets that have different stats when upgraded to rare are caught pets, there's "breeds" with speed / power / health / balanced bonus (2 separate bonus). If you see fight strats that call for "PP breed", it means a pet with two power boni. Achievements/vendors/quests are almost always the same breed. I say almost because there's a couple pets that got in different breeds, so each alt would potentially get a different one (Iron Starlette, I'm looking at you).

That's a relic from the time where the pet system was supposed to include breeding, so you could breed two pets and get a variant (who would get 1 bonus at random from each parent). That was never implemented.

(and yes, pets were supposed to have a sex attribute for this, even if its not used)

McCheese uses the sex attribute on all his pets, if you know what I mean. .... in the Goldshire Inn.

• 1Worf

Khane

I'll defer to the experts but from what I've seen so far there isn't any 3 pet team that can take on all comers if you're just trying to find the minimal amount of pets that will let you take on WQs and such.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Anubisath Idol, Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, Emerald Proto-whelp, Chrominius and Nexus Whelpling are pretty solid overall and not too hard to get.

I actually have a team of two Nexus Whelplings and Chrominius that do the Arcane Storm to start off, then chain laser beams. It beats about half the WQs on the Broken Shore.

Khane

And most of those are pretty cheap to buy if you don't want to farm/craft them yourself (Emerald Proto-Whelp is super easy to get in Sholazar). I think the Nexus Whelpling is the only one that might be a bit on the expensive side. Nether Faerie Dragon might be a cheaper alternative to that one. And I would add Teroclaw Hatchling to that list. Another real easy pet to get and kinda OP at the moment.