World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
BrM took me like 200 attempts at 905 ilevel before they nerfed the tower in week 3. I race changed to BE to make it easier. Probably 2nd hardest challenge unless you're geared enough to cheese it (3 face palm relics + chest +shoulders) also use niuzao to tank for you if you need to.

I only have resto druid left and I don't care enough about that skin to farm up nethershards.

Yeah I haven't gotten any legendaries yet aside from the ring from argus quest. I doubt I will get any if I do get some ilvl I am sure I can cheese it as I said I am not familiar with monk at all literally a few hours play time on it. Still I am sure I can either get a few more ilvl or just give some more tries. Since I am getting to phase 2 I know it's just a matter of things lining up. Still Kruul is one of the harder mage towers.

When you compare it to something like the Survival hunter challenge another spec I didn't even look at or talent before I did the mage tower but goddamn Surv hunter is so easy a goddamn blind chimp high on meth and PCP would 1 shot that shit.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
I am going to be on most of the day Rogue at 104 now and climbing just have the shaman to level after this. I still need some relics for my monk and still need to gear up these last two classes. If anyone is around feel free to BS with me in discord or if you are feeling up to it could use some M+ runs or just some one to queue with and crush some dungeons to help the leveling go faster. Any help would be much appreciated.

Boozecube#1634

Brikker

Trump's Staff
When you compare it to something like the Survival hunter challenge another spec I didn't even look at or talent before I did the mage tower but goddamn Surv hunter is so easy a goddamn blind chimp high on meth and PCP would 1 shot that shit.

Hmmm maybe I should try it then, the appearance isnt bad looking and survival in un-gayed in legion.

I wonder what the best BM hunter legos will be for leveling? I figured Prydaz (for basically everyone) and maybe the pet all specs ring, though I don't know if that ring will do anything with the pet changes on Tuesday...

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
God damn. Completed the Ele and Enh Mage Towers with ease. However, the Resto Sham Tower is ridiculous.

Once I figured out that you just need to blow CD's in a certain order for the first phase, it became manageable. That final two phases are ridiculous, though. I don't know how I am supposed to keep my party up and still power heal through all those NPCs healthbars. I guess Ascendance is the goto here? Seems like a crazy amount of HPS is required.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Can I trick my game into a higher resolution with UI mods? This is so tiny, but it's the max I can go on my laptop (19x12). What UI mods do you guys recommend? I like minimalism. If you played EQ I basically want Velious UI.

WoWScrnShot_071418_180346.jpg

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
God damn. Completed the Ele and Enh Mage Towers with ease. However, the Resto Sham Tower is ridiculous.

Once I figured out that you just need to blow CD's in a certain order for the first phase, it became manageable. That final two phases are ridiculous, though. I don't know how I am supposed to keep my party up and still power heal through all those NPCs healthbars. I guess Ascendance is the goto here? Seems like a crazy amount of HPS is required.

The last phase you just have to keep your hp as low as you can. When the dot on you goes off you explode and the damage you do is based on your hp. So just stand in the shit until you're at like 20%, let the dot go off then heal yourself. You barely have to heal the grp doing this.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Can I trick my game into a higher resolution with UI mods? This is so tiny, but it's the max I can go on my laptop (19x12). What UI mods do you guys recommend? I like minimalism. If you played EQ I basically want Velious UI.

You could try messing with the "UI Scale" slider under System -> Advanced section on the settings to scaled up/down the UI as a whole.

I currently just use ElvUI + WAs and made my UI as minimal as I could:

Geug91B.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

View attachment 170306
Use the ui scale, or have you? You can scale it even smaller or bigger. It's seperate from your screen resolution.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>

That healing adds phase basically is just CD management on each class. The tips here in this post helped me a ton with that phase. Guide: Challenges by Specialization

IIRC Healing Tide Totem should hit the ghosts and if you pop it as soon as they're active, they should start getting healed before they get into your LoS. You can do similar things like with Tranq or Divine Hymn, etc. It's been a bit since I did resto shaman, but I tried to keep my party alive passively with a fresh healing rain before each wave of adds and healing stream, maybe a riptide for the hot (I think?) as well.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
The last phase you just have to keep your hp as low as you can. When the dot on you goes off you explode and the damage you do is based on your hp. So just stand in the shit until you're at like 20%, let the dot go off then heal yourself. You barely have to heal the grp doing this.

Ah, I meant the phase before that. The one where your party is fighting each other.

That healing adds phase basically is just CD management on each class. The tips here in this post helped me a ton with that phase. Guide: Challenges by Specialization

IIRC Healing Tide Totem should hit the ghosts and if you pop it as soon as they're active, they should start getting healed before they get into your LoS. You can do similar things like with Tranq or Divine Hymn, etc. It's been a bit since I did resto shaman, but I tried to keep my party alive passively with a fresh healing rain before each wave of adds and healing stream, maybe a riptide for the hot (I think?) as well.

Thanks, didn't realize HTT would hit the ghosts. That should help a lot.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's the word on Disc priests? They were such a niche in Legion, where they could heal, but most couldn't heal with them. The damage to heal shit was always of interest to me.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's the word on Disc priests? They were such a niche in Legion, where they could heal, but most couldn't heal with them. The damage to heal shit was always of interest to me.

Apparently they are one of the stronger healers in progression guilds at the moment(in beta). Plea has been replaced with Power Word Shield and PWS no longer has a cooldown. Their raid cooldowns are still monstrous and have only gotten better. From everything I've read, having one in a raid is kind of a must right now.

MW is the FOTM and it's throughput is completely broken right now(in beta).

Last edited:

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
We'll be running a disc. They we're ridiculous in legion, one solo healed mythic argus recently (he got lucky in a few spots).

joz123

Potato del Grande
Man prot pally is the shit in BfA. They changed the self heal so it can actually heal you to full and the talents for avenger shield make it hit 4 dudes now and give you 75% block for 8 seconds.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Shadow is trash and holy is dull. Disc is the only option if one wants to priest.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Welp:

Chosen.png

Chosen2.png

Nite1 Nite1 got completely fucked over by a priest that mass dispelled on Guarm and got him killed, even though it was explained on multiple (multiple, multiple) occasions that dispelling was a very bad idea and that we would just burn his ass dead.

At least one of us got it.

I want to try to get this done for Nite1 Nite1 on at least one of his characters, so if anyone is around tomorrow, let's make or find a group and get 'er done. This is the second time he's been screwed out of a raid achievement by someone doing dumb shit to him and I personally commend him on not having killed the dude through the interwebs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Anyone going to be around today and can help me get a bit of gear? My monk is at 905 need a little more before I knock out mage tower.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Titles were always cool in theory but I know I never use anything but The Undying. Grats on you guys doing it at least!

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Titles were always cool in theory but I know I never use anything but The Undying. Grats on you guys doing it at least!

I am in the exact same boat. The Undying and Immortal titles are such great titles. The fact that nobody can attain them anymore makes them all that much better. Unlike the other title, mount or pet achievements, this one could not have been purchased or walked through and took everybody paying attention. Mythic raids is as close as you get to this title.

Everyone trying desperately to do the Mage Towers is kind of in the same boat. Once you get the weapon look, will you never use another one again? That is the case with my title so I am curious if I will switch out the look on the Enhance Shaman's hammer(I actually love the look) in the future.