World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Buffylol

N00b
Post your gear and theirs.

Hideous rapes were not uncommon for people in full season's gladiator gear against the lesser privilaged in the resilience department.
Oh I know why, its because I haven't changed my gems from pvp power to resil since the last change. Its not that I'm undergeared, its I am missing a good 1-2k of resil from gems

Parker Lewis_sl

shitlord
I'm on a slow morphine drip of WoW where I can only play 30-60 minutes a night due to being a new father and it's actually really improved my outlook on the game.

I'd written WoW off completely after about one month into Cata as my friends were quitting en masse and I just didn't feel like going through the same old routine again. Nearly two years later, the Thanksgiving sale with Pandaria for $15 / Collector's Edition for $35 caught my eye last month and I figured I'd resub for a month and see what had become of the game (I'd heard a lot of people saying it was great if you played casually, which is where I'm at these days).

So much has changed and so many new systems have been introduced since I last played that I've actually got that sense of exploring the unknown back, just like the good old days of Vanilla where Onyxia was some mysterious rumor and I didn't yet know the entire game inside and out. I know that Transmog is a thing but haven't yet figured out how to do it or started running old content to collect cosmetic gear. LFR, pet battles, brawler's, challenge modes.. I know a little bit about these things from reading forums and MMO Champ but haven't experienced them at all yet. Account-bound mounts, pets, titles and achievements are a big quality of life improvement that didn't exist the last time I played.

I guess I'm fortunate that the playstyle I've been forced into seems to be what the game is targeted towards these days. For me it seems like consuming WoW in smaller portions is the way to go.. I definitely went through cycles in the past, especially raiding in Vanilla/TBC/WOTLK of playing 20-30 hours a week, getting burned out/frustrated, and quitting because the game was tedious and I felt like I was just doing the same stuff over and over again. It's cool to know that I still have a lot of content to look forward to again and feel like the game has something new to show me.

Vittra

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've been having such a blast with this game it's unreal, I played from vanilla onwards with breaks, then quit at the beginning of Cata. Made a shaman for MoP and hit 90 probably 2-3 weeks ago, got fully PVP geared and just been working on the rest of the conquest gear. I like that you can do Arena for 1 hour and cap your conquest for the week, and then just a couple RBG's will finish it off. The rest of my time is spent farming old dungeons for transmog stuff and dailies (which I hate, but w/e). LFR has been fun and super casual. Have 20 mins to kill? Suure i'll zerg some bosses for a chance at loots. I'm not in a raiding guild whatsoever, so it's perfect.

Things I dislike, obviously is some of the balance, their nerf to shamans and my survivability is fuck-all destroyed. But I think it's just expected now. The burst damage in this game is just astronomical =\

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Oh I know why, its because I haven't changed my gems from pvp power to resil since the last change. Its not that I'm undergeared, its I am missing a good 1-2k of resil from gems
Okay, since you noticed, I'll say you still have control of the board. Would you like to take "Things that will get your wig pushed back" for 800?

Devlin

Golden Squire
It's just a case of taking a classes most popular PvE spec and nerfing it to the point where it is now their lowest PvE dps spec.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Have to love how they keep hotfixing mages with a fucking sledgehammer. Oh good, now I can't trigger shatterbombs in PVE and to have to rely on timing the nova. Fucking thanks.

The way the fire hotfix was done should get someone fucking fired. Two days after a PTR that lasted an eternity some idiot cuts combustion and our crit buff by 50% for a net drop of at least 25% damage. And this was done in the middle of raid progression because combustion was for some reason buffed in a patch that was on PTR for over a fucking month. Talk about fucking incompetence.

And speaking of PVE Arcane and Frost. Well Frost can fuck right off because god knows what kind of horseshit "CUT IT IN HALF!" nerf it'll get because of PVP next. Its also our lowest damage, possibly even lower than nerfed fire because I have not seen a single real-world parse that comes even close to what SimC puts it at.

So that leaves Arcane, the most boring and obnoxious shit I have ever played. Mostly because the lv90 talents are completely out of whack for arcane and only Rune of Power lets us do good damage. And fuck ROP. There's a reason why we only used it when Elegon forced us to. Talk about being fucked up the ass by RNG, how about having a goddamn tornado or wind bomb or any other bullshit cast at you over and over and having to recast your damn rune every ten seconds and then having your raid pick apart your performance when there wasn't a fucking thing you could do about it. What fun.

Our lv90 talents add a lot of fun and variety to the class said NOBODY ANYWHERE. At least balance them to work situationally for Arcane instead of one choice that works on some fights, one pile of shit that you can fall back on if you have to, and one that flat out decreases your damage if you use it at all.

And yes I actually am mad. I was JUST at the point where I was happy with the class because fire was fun to play and yes I thought combustion needed to be nerfed. I think comb should not spread with our dots because it is impossible to balance, and I have thought that since patch 4.0. Instead of addressing that they gave some retard a 200 pound maul and went all HULK SMASH on the spec. And now I either play a spec I hate or sit out of the raid for someone else willing to do so. Thanks idiots.

kudos

<Banned>
The WoW raid podcast actually went in depth about mage nerf and what the top 3 mage (some french asshole in method or something) in the game are doing as far as rotation and gems/enchants. I think it was this weeks "convert to raid" podcast on itunes.

Also, MoP is fun from a casual persons point of view. I enjoy this game tremendously right now.

It's an absolutely horrible, horrible fucking mechanic. The only hope is in years to come we should all be able to play on one server, ala EVE with dynamic instancing and load balancing as and when it's needed, like a very advanced version of how EQ2 handled it's zones and public dungeons.
You mean exactly what Elder Scrolls MMO is gonna do?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm gonna download the game to check it out again. If I want to trial some of the monk shit, is it better I get a scroll of resurrection or use my 10 day trial? Or do one first then the other?

Edit: I have an account flagged up through Cata.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Ok so the gods of LRF shined my DK's turds today big time.

2H Axe from Sha.
Tier shoulders.
Sword of seven stars.
Tier chest which I took for offspec as I got one last week anyway.

I had to use coins but got an item from every single one, Jebus be praised.

Back to the mage thing totally agree about everything, in the space of a week they nerfed our survivabiliy across the board and nerfed our top damage spec. Good fucking game Blizzard.

Lvl 90 talents are fucking abysmal.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Can you still game the LFR ilvl? I swear to god I keep grinding fucking heroics and I'm probably 1-2 upgrades away from 460 on my DK and can't afford 30k gold epics yet all I ever see drop is damn leather/mail. Been at 458 for a week. What's the cheap way to game out my last two points? just greeding and keeping all 463 gear?

I should say i've neglected rep a lot until now, so I almost have valor for a piece. just not the rep.

Needless

Toe Sucker
my monk was 469, 1 short of HoF/Terrace, so i bought an epic glove for 1500g, kept it in my inventory and could queue... 460 should be pretty easy to get

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
Havent played in a bit;

Rogues, Warriors, either decent at soloing old content?
Prot is pretty ridiculous at soloing stuff, Second Wind alone can carry you.

Also, MoP is fun from a casual persons point of view. I enjoy this game tremendously right now.
The raiding has been fantastic as well, which is a big relief after the shitfest that was DS. We've been through 12/16 of the bosses on heroic and there's been a great mix of difficulty. Sha of Fear looks legitimately difficult too, so it's shaping up to be a good finish.

They've cockteased us with news on the next tier as well, alluding to an Ulduar-like raid. That's a lot to live up to IMO, hopefully they don't fuck it up.

antoine_sl

shitlord
I'm gonna download the game to check it out again. If I want to trial some of the monk shit, is it better I get a scroll of resurrection or use my 10 day trial? Or do one first then the other?

I did a 10 day trial because I wasn't sure if I wanted to resub for a couple months, so I did the 10 day trial - you can go up to the very edge of 86, which limits you in pandaland, but you can make a monk and/or panda and level it to that point if you so desire. However it does disqualify you from SoR.

spronk

FPS noob

use SoR first to get a free level 80 on any server. Fuck around with the classes in dungeons and PVP and see which you want to level to 90 first, you can still do pet battles and all the PVP and everything except zone into pandaria afaik. When SoR expires (10 days I believe?) you can then probably apply the 10 day MOP trial or just buy mop & sub.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Can you still game the LFR ilvl? I swear to god I keep grinding fucking heroics and I'm probably 1-2 upgrades away from 460 on my DK and can't afford 30k gold epics yet all I ever see drop is damn leather/mail. Been at 458 for a week. What's the cheap way to game out my last two points? just greeding and keeping all 463 gear?

I should say i've neglected rep a lot until now, so I almost have valor for a piece. just not the rep.
Make sure you grind scenarios too if you still need 463s, it's still not a guaranteed drop but they increased the chance of getting loot at the end by quite a bit, they can reward 476 gear on rare occasion, and they reward JP so you can push a few pieces up to 471.