World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Random theory with no basis. But was wondering with battle for azeroth... Big thing will be the void, mixed with pvp type focus. I one side can't flat out win. Im guessing after first few patches of struggle they unite again for void stuff.....

Do you think they would every possibly unite all the races? I mean seems like we are running out of major lore stories/enemies. I don't know where they want to take the franchise but possibly with the 2sides United could be part of them doing what the demons have done and go space faring? With servers already meaning so little, classes no longer faction specific, it makes me wonder if they would further homogenize things where anyone can run with anyone else to get rid of the separation of players right now. ( Since i imagine subs still slowly dwindling).

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Random theory with no basis. But was wondering with battle for azeroth... Big thing will be the void, mixed with pvp type focus. I one side can't flat out win. Im guessing after first few patches of struggle they unite again for void stuff.....

Do you think they would every possibly unite all the races? I mean seems like we are running out of major lore stories/enemies. I don't know where they want to take the franchise but possibly with the 2sides United could be part of them doing what the demons have done and go space faring? With servers already meaning so little, classes no longer faction specific, it makes me wonder if they would further homogenize things where anyone can run with anyone else to get rid of the separation of players right now. ( Since i imagine subs still slowly dwindling).

I don't know what I think about dungeoning/raiding with gnomes.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Changing the code that much would be extremely difficult I assume. More difficult then is worth it.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Tbh i just wish I could have goblins alliance side. If they did that, i suppose world pvp would be problematic, but it's not like bg/arena would be a problem just playing mirror matches/mixed teams.

Would also reduce overhead of multiple quests/lines for two sides. Same quests for everyone, towns/quest hubs randomly can still be predominantly one group or another.

Just imagine alliance technology boosted with goblin shenanigans.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've tried getting into pet battles a couple times, but just can never seem to stick with it. Mostly it just seems trying to level up an initial team to 25 fucking sucks, unless there's some speedier way to do it these days. Are there any addons that make the whole battling experience smoother than the default? Always felt very clunky and slow.

Apparently there is also this:

Boon of the Zookeeper

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
There's no reason they couldn't allow cross faction dungeons and raiding, or even instanced pvp. Or allowing cross faction entrance to say, let an orc into Ironforge. Those are simply flags that can be changed. Crossfaction questing would be extreme, however.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
They don't even need to take the war portion out of warcraft. Keep the cities faction specific, keep your faction quests faction specific, I don't care. But there's no fucking reason to not let me grab 2 friends from Alliance and 2 friends from Horde and us go do a dungeon or some shit in most cases. It was just idiotic for a while before I quit when I'd be online and wanting to do stuff and I'd have not quite enough friends on horde side for a group of something and there's some nice free friends on alliance, but too bad. It's been miserable every time one of my guilds would die out and everyone goes to find new homes and now you have to make a choice of which friends you still wanted to play with afterwards because of the idiot faction restrictions.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Looks like, the speculation was that it would go live to enable Call of the Scarab new features.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If they are doing the 15 toons per server update at the same time, I'm ready to get my new races to 110. More hunters and warlocks for me!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Patch 7.3.5 - Artifact Instability
Patch 7.3.5 adds the send off for our Artifact weapons. A recent PTR build added some visual effects of the instability that results from the send off.

A recent build also changed how the Artifact Power numbers increase or decrease once your Artifact is unstable. Now your Artifact will increase in Artifact Power until February 2nd, then the total Artifact Power displayed will decrease until March 2nd. On March 19 it will begin to increase very very rapidly. This effect is probably only visual and your actual Artifact Power may not change.

Probably. Probably.

Probably whether or not they can get the code to work or not. And it shouldn't decrease, only increase. Gain an extra AP rank every week until the boost, then like 5 ranks or some shit.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Think I might wait for the patch then, then see if I can get CS to get me one of those trial periods or what not so I can check it out. Go from there and see if I want to resub or not.

Khane

Is that guy new to wow? Was he expecting that they were going to revamp the difficulty in lower zones? It was always like that, even before scaling. The only time content was ever "difficult" was if you tried to go into Outland at 58 with no heirlooms. And even then it just meant you couldn't pull more than like 3 mobs.

That's a very silly post.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Is that guy new to wow? Was he expecting that they were going to revamp the difficulty in lower zones? It was always like that, even before scaling. The only time content was ever "difficult" was if you tried to go into Outland at 58 with no heirlooms. And even then it just meant you couldn't pull more than like 3 mobs.

That's a very silly post.

Did you actually play Vanilla? His post is spot on with experiencing entire zones instead of being done with them halfway through. The only thing missing is that you did actually have to group in Vanilla for elite quests, and you couldn't just whimsically pull 50 mobs and mash your buttons without any thought. Remember the death statistics data at the first Blizzconn? The Defias Pillager killed a fuck ton of people. I highly doubt that's even close to the case now. I would wager most people are leveling pretty high before experiencing a death even if they are complete noobs.

Don't get me wrong the entire revamping of the leveling at this point is a total waste of time. I do think if they got it under control much earlier it would've been a worthwhile investment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Vanilla was 13 years ago bud. WoW's leveling content hasn't been "challenging" since TBC. His post is silly, what is he even complaining about? That Blizzard didn't turn zone scaling into a progression server? What exactly did he (and apparently you too) expect?

You can pull 10 mobs right now and not die. His experience on PTR is no different than it is on live except now you can experience an entire zone instead of sitting in Org/Stormwind and chain queueing dungeons.

I hear monks especially can get an insane amount of murlocs per hour.