World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone have any UI recommendations at all? I tried Tuk UI and I like it but it's a little too bare bones for me.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll have to try that, all I do is use bartender to clear out most things could use better UI

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'll have to try that, all I do is use bartender to clear out most things could use better UI
If I remember correctly, Elvui works with Bartender, dominoes and a few others. Reskins and everything. Like I said though, it's been about a year.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I use Elvui and it's great. Just have a few others like DBM, Threatplates, postal, etc.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Does anyone have any UI recommendations at all? I tried Tuk UI and I like it but it's a little too bare bones for me.
I've been usinghttp://www.wowinterface.com/download...aUIv3-169.html

pvw58392.jpg

With great success, has BW boss mods built in and is VERY light weight. Addon completely runs at 30megs or so not including recount mem late in an instance.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Paging Dr. Kreugen: please repost your winning weakaura Arcane jibberish. Thanks.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I use MoveAnything to move around the OG UI and rescale it a bit. I also use Grid for raid frames. I should get Elv or something but I'm lazy.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Paging Dr. Kreugen: please repost your winning weakaura Arcane jibberish. Thanks.
Here it is. Shows mana gem when its available, or puts up hud to either scorch a couple times to fish for AM and get your mana back, or burn your arcane barrage.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I've been splitting time between this and SWTOR. I have a paladin, a DK, and a lock at the 85+ area. Does anyone else think that holy power is sorta clunky with Inquisition (I primarily play Ret/Prot)? Especially the AE rotation. It could be that Blood/Frost DKs and Affliction locks are so easy peasy streamlined, but man...Paladins while feeling overall pretty good just seem clunky. I try to avoid using addons beyond xperl and bartender, but I'm thinking CLCret or whatever it's called is almost necessary. I think in Cata it was a major DPS increase to use it. You're watching your HoPo, the Inquisition timer, ability cooldowns, and damage cooldowns. Feels frustrating and clunky.

Oh and while some folks love mounts and others love pets, I love transmog sets but now I feel the need to play like all my damn characters to collect sets I missed.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I've been splitting time between this and SWTOR. I have a paladin, a DK, and a lock at the 85+ area. Does anyone else think that holy power is sorta clunky with Inquisition (I primarily play Ret/Prot)? Especially the AE rotation. It could be that Blood/Frost DKs and Affliction locks are so easy peasy streamlined, but man...Paladins while feeling overall pretty good just seem clunky. I try to avoid using addons beyond xperl and bartender, but I'm thinking CLCret or whatever it's called is almost necessary. I think in Cata it was a major DPS increase to use it. You're watching your HoPo, the Inquisition timer, ability cooldowns, and damage cooldowns. Feels frustrating and clunky.

Oh and while some folks love mounts and others love pets, I love transmog sets but now I feel the need to play like all my damn characters to collect sets I missed.
I play a holy paladin with ret OS. I absolutely HATE ret paladin. Hate it hate it hate it. I'll start a fight off at 120k dps, and end it with 65k. How the flying fuck can they base an entire spec around cooldowns for pve?

Love healing though, that shit is cash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Felonius_sl

shitlord
There any sort of week free trial of mists? Went looking for one but didn't see it.

EDIT: Found a free 10-day trial in my account page

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I play a holy paladin with ret OS. I absolutely HATE ret paladin. Hate it hate it hate it. I'll start a fight off at 120k dps, and end it with 65k. How the flying fuck can they base an entire spec around cooldowns for pve?

Love healing though, that shit is cash.
I raid in a run of the mill 10 man group. We aren't hardcore by any means, we are on the last boss of heart of fear on normal mode and should be in terrace next week.

I raid as ret with a prot offspec. I LOVE raiding as ret. The priority system feels so natural and flows very well imo. To get around the cooldown crap make sure your level 75 talent is Divine Purpose. It helps break up with feeling of your only damage is cooldown burst.

On a side note I really enjoy the feeling of saving the tank with a clutch LoH or keeping a healer alive by tossing a BoP on them. Also when I'm low on life and I pop a 3 hp word of glory and divine purpose procs so I can heal a second or third...or fourth time in a row its great. On Wind Lord the other night I was down to 15% hp with one of our healers dead and I got 4 procs back to back on WoG with divine purpose up. Healed myself to full. =)

Juvarisx

Florida
Divine Purpose is good until you get some solid gear, then your haste will be high enough that the cooldown on Judgment and Crusader Strike will be low enough that you wont have many dead times.

Charles_sl

shitlord
There any sort of week free trial of mists? Went looking for one but didn't see it.

EDIT: Found a free 10-day trial in my account page
I also registered with this 10-day trial (they sent me an email asking me to come back and try), I was excited to give it a shot but disappointed with what the actual trial was. I played for 2-3 hours questing and instancing in the new zones, then when it was time for me to level to 86 my experience bar stayed trapped at 12,999,999. Super disappointing, what a lame trial imo. I played on and off through vanilla, BC, and WOLK raiding in the guild Rage on Skullcrusher (US), and then I resubscribed for a bit during Cata as well. I had every intention to resubscribed and play for MOP as well, but after such a disappointing trial I seriously doubt that I'm going to anymore.

Anyway I don't mean to bash the game, it was alright for the few hours that I got to play. I just wanted to rant about the trial a bit I guess.

Cool_Dude_sl

shitlord
You intended to buy MOP but will not do so now because you couldn't hit 86 in the trial? I had the same thing happen, and admit that it is pretty lame, but that seems like a big jump considering you've played a lot of this game and are already familiar with the ways you get screwed.

Charles_sl

shitlord
Pretty much. The lame trial basically killed my excitement to play the new content. I received their email for the "trial" which may or may not have said anything about the restrictions, if it did say something then they definitely didn't make it obvious. I logged into my battle.net account, signed up for the trial and started downloading the game. The game was nearly 20 GB to download I think, I left it running overnight and played the next night. During the day before getting home I was researching a bit and reading about all of the changes, etc. Then when I finally got home and was able to log in I only had 2-3 hours worth of content to play. It was a huge let down and not worth it at all.

Worst "trial" ever.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So what you're saying is that you got 20% of the leveling content for free and you're pissed? Where was the cut off supposed to be? I mean, I don't recall there ever being a trial for the new zones in an xpac until now (maybe Cata - was gone a year) and 1-10 or 1-15 is seriously like 4 hours max content if not less. Even "stuck" at that point you have carte blanche to try about 4 instances and probably 3 zones. Sure you won't "Level" but everyone hits 90 at the start of Townlong anyway with about 2 zones worth of quests left.

Maybe "best" trial ever?

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How about 10 fucking free days of unrestricted play, which is what anyone who isn't a fucking retard thinks of when you see '10 day free trial'