World of Warcraft: Current Year

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Me admiring the new thread title I came up with:

EDIT: Another mod changed mine! Fucking Nazis

Looking Up Meme GIFs | Tenor
That's a nice thread title you got there, would be a shame if someone changed it to: - Current Year
:trollface:

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
...does this mean classic isn't boring?

Get the fuck over yourselves already. If you don't want to play then don't play.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Shadowlands also had two (male) horse spirits fall in love in Ardenweald, looks like even the virtue signaling doesn't prevent lazy copy/pasting.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Shadowlands also had two (male) horse spirits fall in love in Ardenweald, looks like even the virtue signaling doesn't prevent lazy copy/pasting.
That's all virtue signaling is. It's all just copy/pasting.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm glad 70 can be acquired so fast, because I don't really want to spend much more time on this. Remaining goals for my 3 more subbed weeks:

-Get 70
-See all Dragonflight zones
-See all Shadowlands zones
-Get a dragon evoker to like level 20 to see the noob area / class

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Me admiring the new thread title I came up with:

EDIT: Another mod changed mine! Fucking Nazis

Looking Up Meme GIFs | Tenor

What titles did it get changed to? All I see now is this boring shite one you did~

Chersk Chersk Naw I meant boring as in the thread title would be boring if it were just "Retail", not that the game itself is boring.

"Scissor Me Daddy" would have been a much better title. Oh well. ::goes back to gimp suit rainbow-shooting::

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Man, that’s a pretty mild “bad”. You day one 70’d talking about trash side quests? How are these side quests any different than any other side quests that you’re not reading…lol.
I’m 65 and it just seems like the standard fare to me…same volume, same speed. Whatever.

Wrote this while tired so didn't expand enough. To be clear though, since day 1 is focused entirely on leveling, side quests being trash is a fairly big deal. To expand on why it was such an issue though;

1- The amount is seriously out of whack. You can hit max level if you complete most of them in half the zones, thus resulting in feeling like there's a lot of filler and no real reason to do any of them. The volume in BFA/SL was better.
2- They have an agenda. I'm not really an avid poster on the subject but there's a lot (similar to the one posted above) where you just know the writer is pushing gay/political crap down your throat. For context, I almost always need to have this stuff pointed out to me to realize it and I find this board goes overboard on the subject, so for me to notice it and actively be annoyed by it means that it's quite over the top.
3- The amalgam of the volume of them alongside the fact that they overdid the cap on shards makes it feel like a single player game with a metric fuck ton of shitty quests to do. It's just not fun.

To be clear though, this is definitely a better expansion than what they've produced lately. My issue (highlighted in why I focused so much on the detriments of the side quests) is the fact that they added some unnecessary shit which detracted from the core gameplay, which is actually really good this time around.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm glad 70 can be acquired so fast, because I don't really want to spend much more time on this. Remaining goals for my 3 more subbed weeks:

-Get 70
the evoker starts at 58 and the starter quest gets you to 60. it's probably an hour or so depending on how much you read/explore

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I started this afternoon. I've been enjoying it.

It's obviously the standard questing routine. But dragon riding is fun and my hunter still feels fun. Gonna give my Veng DH a run after reaching 70

Argarth

On the verandah
Whoever thought the thread title was clever, should probably go back to jerking off in Classic over their parses in some 20-year-old raid that nobody gives a shit about.

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They really knocked it out of the park with this first zone. All in the Howling Fjords memberberries.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nothing about the music stands out for me. I wish there were more musical themes, instead it's just random ambience lazy compositions.

Janx

<Silver Donator>

-Get 70
Add
- select starting zone gender.
- select end game gender(s).

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
World Servers Down again.

18 years, 9th expansion, only game I play that has these issues with expansions since 2008.
Most not as big, one bigger (FF XIV) but none have these down times every freaking expansion, or worse.