World of Warcraft: Current Year

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Covenants cannot be changed -> they can be changed but it is very hard -> they can be changed and its no big thing. Look at all that content we've stretched out.

"What we are seeing at the high end is players with four of the same character class just so they can have each covenant available depending on what the playerbase perceives to be the best at any given moment. We did not foresee this."

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Covenants cannot be changed -> they can be changed but it is very hard -> they can be changed and its no big thing. Look at all that content we've stretched out.

"What we are seeing at the high end is players with four of the same character class just so they can have each covenant available depending on what the playerbase perceives to be the best at any given moment. We did not foresee this."
They have to be too busy smelling their own farts at 2am and getting no sleep if they can’t see basic fundamental gameplay issues anybody with a summer’s day temperature iq could see.

Like, they finally removed the venthyr cheat death ability. Fucking lol that that was even something they thought could be balanced against.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn Fyff, people can hope retail can make changes to stuff that clearly didn't work well in BFA.
I feel like that's a pretty far out concept to hope on. Like you have a better chance of Phillip Rivers not having more kids than you do of Blizzard learning from BfA.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
cov.jpg

This comic is months old and even when it was new the issues it addresses were themselves months old but we're still just trucking forward like everyone doesn't know exactly how it is going to turn out.

it is a mystery - YouTube

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I feel like that's a pretty far out concept to hope on. Like you have a better chance of Phillip Rivers not having more kids than you do of Blizzard learning from BfA.

Funny as that is...I look at it as if they were going to learn from ANYTHING...it would be the failures of BFA. Otherwise there really isn't any hope.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Apparently, you can switch nearly immediately to any other covenant you want, but you're locked out of the old covenant until its 10-day cool-down is over.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Apparently, you can switch nearly immediately to any other covenant you want, but you're locked out of the old covenant until its 10-day cool-down is over.

Definitely sounds better.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

They are trying to force fantasy and lore bullshit over fun. Nobody will ever care about Bliz fantasy and lore because it all sucks fat dick. By the way there is still a giant fucking sword killing the planet these hack twats forgot about.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The sooner they fire Ion, the sooner the game quits dying.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Changing them as part of a total leveling reset/system revamp isn't a terrible idea but yeah, people are going to be pissed.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That really sucks. I could see them nerfing it to like 2% per item but taking it away completely really sucks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Having systems that you have been carrying forward for a number of years and wanting to be free of them I can completely get, clean slate and all that. The players that have been collecting and upgrading heirlooms are going to feel like they've had something taken away from them which is true.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Leveling in any MMO after the first character is shit. You learn nothing. You run around mashing buttons until you hit max level. The way skills are spread out you don't even learn your rotation. Making leveling alts harder is dumb as shit. Good news is I think I have almost everything at 110 or higher on both sides now.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
The fact that people spent 700k (or event badges) to upgrade their full collection makes me think they're going to walk back this change. There's already a pretty big outcry to refund the gold.

And like every other change they've walked back, they'll be extra stubborn about it and only walk it back halfway. They love to talk about "lessons learned" but refuse to ever actually admit they fucked up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Argarth

On the verandah

Is that really a quote from someone at Blizzard?