World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rime

<Donor>
The 34 Slot bag should have been on the vendor. No mount, no title, no unique transmog (a couple of Warfront reclors) makes this an uneventful, forgettable Pre-Patch event.

The 34 slot bag and the battle pet (which is already going for like 3-4,000 gold, if not lower) are the only things 'worth' getting, unless you are really worried about jumping your alts up to item level 110+.

The bag being on a rare that respawns once every SIX AND A HALF HOURS (due to the stupid way they have 'time gated' the rares), with a low (20% is generous) droprate is just emblematic of their design philosophy anymore.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Ahhh yes the truest distillation of the heroic journey : the quest for luggage.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Ahhh yes the truest distillation of the heroic journey : the quest for luggage.

I mean what could go wrong with a fixed spawn timed and place cycle? No, people won't have maps, addons and wait in droves, lagging and crashing the zone. Ofc not. Jeesus Blizzard, after all these years.
Also someone really gets a hard on over long spawn cycles lately. That patch would be far more entertaining with like 3 mins per spawn e.g.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am generally not as hard on the game as some here, but I will say one of the things that sticks with me is the "after all these years" part. It's pretty amazing how many issues have perpetuated for over a decade and a half.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Killed Nathanos before they hot fixed the loot to be a cache, so I put in a ticket to ask if I could swap this sword I got for a dagger.

First response was about the hotfix and that I could re-kill him again for a cache. So I went and killed him again and got nothing. So I responded to the ticket since it stated I could re-kill him for the correct piece of loot and I still got nothing.

Second response they told me to get fucked since it was initially intended to be a random reward not taking into account loot spec. So they’re not going to swap the loot and told me to submit my feedback if I want it changed.

I guess I don’t know what I expected when submitting a ticket to begin with, but fuck me right.

Hey there! Game Master Kieulas here!

At first, Nathanos Blightcaller dropped loot based on a character's class. Loot specialization was not considered in this drop. It was also intended to be a random reward, which is why some players received a different reward than what was listed on the WQ tooltip.

This was changed shortly after the launch of the Death's Rising event - Nathanos should now drop an equipment cache to properly indicate the reward is random. At the same time, the Cache now provides loot for a player's selected Loot Specialization.

These changes were made as a result of player feedback. However, since a random class-based reward was intended at the time, Customer Service will not be swapping it for spec-based loot or resetting the lockout. Any resolution would have to be applied by our Dev crew as a whole - the best place to make a request for changes like those are through the Suggestion button in the help menu in-game.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Malkav

French Madman
Been doing Nathanos on half a dozen characters for weapon transmogs, couldn't get the 1H Sword so far. Even my Outlaw rogue got a fucking 1H mace, like WTF?

Really want the 1h sword and the shield for transmog.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Killed Nathanos before they hot fixed the loot to be a cache, so I put in a ticket to ask if I could swap this sword I got for a dagger.

First response was about the hotfix and that I could re-kill him again for a cache. So I went and killed him again and got nothing. So I responded to the ticket since it stated I could re-kill him for the correct piece of loot and I still got nothing.

Second response they told me to get fucked since it was initially intended to be a random reward not taking into account loot spec. So they’re not going to swap the loot and told me to submit my feedback if I want it changed.

I guess I don’t know what I expected when submitting a ticket to begin with, but fuck me right.

At first, Nathanos Blightcaller dropped loot based on a character's class. Loot specialization was not considered in this drop. It was also intended to be a random reward, which is why some players received a different reward than what was listed on the WQ tooltip.

This was changed shortly after the launch of the Death's Rising event - Nathanos should now drop an equipment cache to properly indicate the reward is random. At the same time, the Cache now provides loot for a player's selected Loot Specialization.

These changes were made as a result of player feedback. However, since a random class-based reward was intended at the time, Customer Service will not be swapping it for spec-based loot or resetting the lockout. Any resolution would have to be applied by our Dev crew as a whole - the best place to make a request for changes like those are through the Suggestion button in the help menu in-game.

I think he was hoping you would log out and never kill it again. He's used to casuals.

Bit him in the ass.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Early on in the Expansion, it is not worth it. Later on, when people have multiple alts at max level, it starts to add up. Let alone people who no-life the game and have dozens of max levels.

I just remember gold rewards being a lot higher in Legion/WoD

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Can you imaging just bullshitting a client at work? Just blatantly lying to them when there was documented PSA stating differently. Like you'd get shit canned right?

Rime

<Donor>

They were about equivalent in Legion.

WoD had the 'treasure finder' trait that followers could get, which increased gold brought back. It could stack multiple times per mission, so things would get silly.

Both had the 'jackpot' missions as well, where the reward would be 1000/2000/5000 gold. But they were 'rare' (Once a week chance, but you could get other rare missions from the pool instead of the gold mission) and not available frequently.

Burns

The BFA table was utterly worthless. The gold from it was probably less than 10% per week, per character, of what we were getting in Legion and it never improved much throughout the xpac. I don't expect the Shadowlands table to be any better, but, on the other hand, it can't get any worse.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

They were about equivalent in Legion.

WoD had the 'treasure finder' trait that followers could get, which increased gold brought back. It could stack multiple times per mission, so things would get silly.

Both had the 'jackpot' missions as well, where the reward would be 1000/2000/5000 gold. But they were 'rare' (Once a week chance, but you could get other rare missions from the pool instead of the gold mission) and not available frequently.

I made far, far more gold in Legion, per character with optimal set ups, than in WoD, from the table.

Rime

<Donor>
Legion required you to hit the 200% mark on missions, which was easier, given how so many classes could requisition Follower items from Class Halls. They had more frequent missions, but with lower rewards than WoD. More people knew that the tables were a 'gold printing' chance, after the debacle that was WoD garrisons.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The BFA table was utterly worthless. The gold from it was probably less than 10% per week, per character, of what we were getting in Legion and it never improved much throughout the xpac. I don't expect the Shadowlands table to be any better, but, on the other hand, it can't get any worse.

I seem to remember gold missions being rare on the BfA table and only giving like... 20 gold. That screenshot showed 269 gold. Which isn't a ton, but I don't remember getting that much from BfA.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

I seem to remember gold missions being rare on the BfA table and only giving like... 20 gold. That screenshot showed 269 gold. Which isn't a ton, but I don't remember getting that much from BfA.

I'm sure that 269 gold mission has a month long cooldown...or better yet, a straight 1% per day RNG.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Or they just re-introduced passive gold making to keep people subbed longer just for that. It definitely kept me subbed at the end of Legion where I wasn't doing anything but my order halls twice a day.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

The BFA ones I remember were like 110 gold with a 110 or so bonus. So...not really worth the time. Still did them when nothing else was worth doing, obviously.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Did nathanos got the 110 warglaive.. not a bad transmog. the event is kind of boring though ive got the mythic 115 shit so i dont need to poopsock rares every 20 minutes unless i want a shoulder/hat and no thanks

• 2Like