World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Really quiet so far, and I swear some people sounded like they were having fun (!). I was holding off couple days in case it was a stinker, may just grab it tonight.
hope32.jpg

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Haven’t really been super hard into it so far. Taking it slow and trying to read all the dialog and shit for the main story and these Kyrian main characters so far are...not great. Bastion is very pretty, though, and the music isn’t too bad. Looks like I’m about halfway through Bastions story, so still lots of shit to do. Will see how it ends up. Nice to see this many folks on, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
So far this feels like they basically took Darksiders and plopped right into WoW.. but I'm liking the design and artwork very much so far.

I think the Kyrians being naive and "good is dumb" is on purpose, they're clearly foolish in their rigid ways, as hinted by Uther being on the side of the "bad guys" despite being the biggest fucking paragon of honor ever. Again, much like Darksiders where angels are really really dumb.

Did I mention the guy behind Darksiders artwork is the same guy that did most of the WoW comic books?

• 2Like

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Repeat. Like a version of groundhog's day.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Smoothest launch for me ever. No lag, no crashes. So far the aesthetics and story are 1000x times better then BFA. I'm trying not to enjoy myself too much. I know better.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm almost 54. Bastion was nice and didn't seem very congested but now that I'm at Maldraxxus I'm just running around among a sea of players.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Tapped out at level 40 and just went ahead and bought shadowlands. Early feedback on story and artwork swayed me. I only care about a solid month to two months of gameplay.

I loved BFA launch and everyone has the Shadowlands story and art and questing a cut above BFA-- so it was decided.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Only issue I have had is the good ol dismounted mid flight into a fall death, on some flight point in Bastion. Otherwise been smooth launch. Just hit 56. Alliance has 30% xp buff in warmode...

Of course a group of horde assassins was in my way a few times and got me, but the GYs are less than 2 min away.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Smoothest launch for me ever. No lag, no crashes. So far the aesthetics and story are 1000x times better then BFA. I'm trying not to enjoy myself too much. I know better.
Same for me was seamless was playing they kicked the quest live and proceeded to play another 5 or so hours without any lag or hiccuping or bugs so far. Just finished bastion and figured that was a good stopping point for the night.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Weird to finish bastion at level 55 lol
I see side quests imma do em, that’s a bit silly if I hit like 59 in the 2nd zone though

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I see side quests imma do em, that’s a bit silly if I hit like 59 in the 2nd zone though
Yeah, that's what I did. It's weird seeing green quests, and I still hit lvl 55. I do all the side quests my first time through. I'll more than likely hit 60 tomorrow without really even trying.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Clicked a few streams just to check out the zones, every single Echo streamer (former Method) is multiboxing 3 of the same class.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Found out you could get $20-25 keys for Shadowlands in SteamGameSwap thanks to a recent AMD promotion, so I picked one up. It will be the first time playing in 4 years (since Legion). How is the end game sounding? Some of the time gated, chores, drag of Legion sound like it's been cleaned up?

Also, what's some new must have mods etc? Current characters were 45. What's my best bet to rush to 50 and start Shadowlands? Saw something about that "autopilot" mod or what not. Any tips welcomed.

Also, what key/hotkey layout is everyone using? Thinking about switching my up to something mlre efficient than I used to use. Any recommendations welcomed.

Dalien

Registered Hodor

You won't, the exp curve is really front loaded into the early levels and Bastion for some reason but it slows down a lot in the later zones. If you leave Bastion at 55 you will probably get to 57 in Maldraxxus, then 58 or maybe 59 in Ardenweald. Then you'll hit 60 near the end of the Revendreth campaign.

• 2Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Finished Bastion and have been a couple hours into Maldraxxus (yeah I'm taking my time, reading text, enjoying the scenery, no point rushing then you wait months and months for new content).. anyone else getting a vibe that this basically Planes of Power in WoW?

I mean, it starts in Plane of Torment with spikes and cages and rivers of blood, then you move onto Plane of Valor (Bastion), then into Plane of Disease (Maldraxxus), complete with pus rivers, hair-vegetation and scabs and tumors everywhere.. then I guess Ardenweald doesn't look too much like Plane of Growth (Yes I know it was in Velious not PoP but still a plane!) color-wise but the theme is similar obviously, and then Plane of Hate (I know!) with gothic architecture and vampiric creatures..

I mean I know EQ didn't invent much new stuff either, it was mostly D&D stuff repurposed or renamed into Norrath, but considering who's the creative director of WoW it's pretty funny to imagine this is a nostalgia trip for Furor. (And yes I know he left Blizzard in June 20 but this expansion's been cooking for the better part of 3 years probably, so it was his last work there).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It should take about 4 months to finish a Covenant campaign due to weekly renown limits. The "fomo" is real here.

• 1Barf

Malkav

French Madman
It should take about 4 months to finish a Covenant campaign due to weekly renown limits. The "fomo" is real here.

At least it's strictly weekly quests and not dailies, and there is a catch up mechanic, so I don't think it's that bad. And no infinite AP treadmill.

• 1Barf