World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wow, double damage and a healer?

Kyrian supports are all "everyone does 5 extra damage" or "heal adjacent unit for 10".
When I was getting Mikanikos, the "preview" for what companion you would get was showing up as Dreamweaver. The one in question. I knew it was a bug, but I would have been happy af to get Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver would have been a game changer. Im leveling up Mikanikos now, and he "seems" to do pretty well, even on his first mission. But his skill set should have been on Pelagos, and Pelagos's on him.
Mikanikos.jpg

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
My level 32ish Kyrian Campaign companions fail regularly any level 24 silver or gold elite missions. Pisses me off to no end because its leaving soul ash on the table.

Anyone with Kyrian able to come up with a group composition that is successful on those things?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Wow, double damage and a healer?

Kyrian supports are all "everyone does 5 extra damage" or "heal adjacent unit for 10".

Its even crazier than that. I dont know what Kyrian followers look like, but for Night Fae Te'Zan hits all melee enemies every 3 rounds for about 300 at 30. Chalkyth hits all melee every 4 rounds with a 3 round dot that does about 180 total. I have one guy who has an arcane blast ability every round for almost 200. Ni'ya gives 20% damage boost to adjacent allies. Add the basic trapper troop that hits all enemies with an ability that reduces their damage by 20% for 2 rounds.

On my Night Fae main I log in when I wake up, send out all the 4-5 four hour missions available. At lunch I check again, and send them back out on four hour missions. At dinner time I do more four hour missions, or 8+ missions for meat, or, etc. Just before bedtime I'll check the four hour ones and send them out one last time.

Most missions just need 1 follower, but I send two sometimes just to get exp. I probably knock out 10-15 missions a day for free gold, anima, pet charms, and crafting mats.

Only time I lost a mission was last week. I literally said out loud, "What the fuck? I LOST?!" because it almost never happens with Night Fae.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
I'm at 8 renown on my alt and have done absolutely nothing to get there besides casual play. 0 grinded anima, 0 work besides a few Oribos quests and a bunch of dungeon runs.

So apparently, there is catchup in place to accelerate the renown leveling.

How much? I haven't figured that out yet, but I'm sitting at 181 ilevel on my alt I rolled 7 days ago roughly.

Will have a better idea of how viable catchup is at present when I approach a renown level worth something-- then I'll report back in.

I leveled a warrior over the weekend. You get Renown from World Boss, Raid Finder, Callings, Dungeons with a higher chance from mythic, Rated Arena, maybe BG's (I didnt do any). Combined with Threads of Fate giving 4 renown, and doing the covenant questline I hit max renown yesterday and finished the questline. Since I hit 60 on Monday and got 3 instant callings + running around grabbing all the anima I could find I have 9/9 covenant set at 190 + 187 RF weapon from finishing the questline. It really doesnt take too long I would have hit this even casually over the week.

I ignored upgrading the sanctum since its Venthyr so the mission table is useless

• 1Like

Merrith

Its even crazier than that. I dont know what Kyrian followers look like, but for Night Fae Te'Zan hits all melee enemies every 3 rounds for about 300 at 30. Chalkyth hits all melee every 4 rounds with a 3 round dot that does about 180 total. I have one guy who has an arcane blast ability every round for almost 200. Ni'ya gives 20% damage boost to adjacent allies. Add the basic trapper troop that hits all enemies with an ability that reduces their damage by 20% for 2 rounds.

On my Night Fae main I log in when I wake up, send out all the 4-5 four hour missions available. At lunch I check again, and send them back out on four hour missions. At dinner time I do more four hour missions, or 8+ missions for meat, or, etc. Just before bedtime I'll check the four hour ones and send them out one last time.

Most missions just need 1 follower, but I send two sometimes just to get exp. I probably knock out 10-15 missions a day for free gold, anima, pet charms, and crafting mats.

Only time I lost a mission was last week. I literally said out loud, "What the fuck? I LOST?!" because it almost never happens with Night Fae.

Dreamweaver alone is a cheat code, for sure. It's funny you bring up Te'zan and Chalkyth, as Te'zan's ability is just so much better than Chalkyth's. Te'zan's only problem is he doesn't have very high health. But yeah, many a times I can just send 1 companion with 4 troops and take care of missions no problem. I can even figure out which missions have guys that will only hit front row, through the trapper troops in that row, and plant someone who isn't at full health in the back with a healer troop and get free healing while doing missions.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
WTF how the heck do you have Croman and Meatball?

I just checked to see how this mornings missions did and, sure enough, they were all fails. If I use my absolute best team I can't even beat the lowest mission available, much less the various missions for things like Soul Ash.

Merrith

One question I did have is did anyone else have their 3rd soulbind which you unlock by completing the campaign not show up as a companion on the mission table?

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider

Yeah, there are no venthyr even close to that. I’m only pissed about the fact that I lose soul ash. If I ever only earned enough soul ash to eliminate even a single run of dogshit torghast it would be oh so sweet.

Merrith

Honestly at this point I was getting worried about capping soul ash before I started making a 2nd legendary, and the amount you get from the table is pretty small compared to 1100+ a week from two easy layer 8 runs.

Also my 3rd soulbind finally popped up as a mission table guy

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
WTF how the heck do you have Croman and Meatball?

I just checked to see how this mornings missions did and, sure enough, they were all fails. If I use my absolute best team I can't even beat the lowest mission available, much less the various missions for things like Soul Ash.
Torghast pick ups.

----

FAILED

1610571898029.png

• 1Solidarity

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So probably going to take a break while new league in POE drops. Was wondering what the suggested minimum I should do. Torghast, and 1M+ seems like the sweet spot?

Daidraco

So probably going to take a break while new league in POE drops. Was wondering what the suggested minimum I should do. Torghast, and 1M+ seems like the sweet spot?
Thats what Ive done the past two weeks, sort of. That and the Tuesday Renown shit.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I leveled a warrior over the weekend. You get Renown from World Boss, Raid Finder, Callings, Dungeons with a higher chance from mythic, Rated Arena, maybe BG's (I didnt do any). Combined with Threads of Fate giving 4 renown, and doing the covenant questline I hit max renown yesterday and finished the questline. Since I hit 60 on Monday and got 3 instant callings + running around grabbing all the anima I could find I have 9/9 covenant set at 190 + 187 RF weapon from finishing the questline. It really doesnt take too long I would have hit this even casually over the week.

I ignored upgrading the sanctum since its Venthyr so the mission table is useless

Yep, one day later I'm up from 8 to 13 renown with 0 campaign progress. Sounds on target for what you stated.

I'm starved on good soulbinds but hopefully see some soon.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shadowlands seems super fun, the most talked about aspect is how gay the Maw is and facebook mission table games.

The Maw looks a lot like the usual "max level" zone but unlike Suramar, they knew early they couldn't finish it in time so they kept the map, scrapped everything and "designed" / rushed 5-6 dailies and weeklies, a timegating mechanic to stretch content and few rares to cherrytop it. Torghast is just vertical islands.

A lot of people are having fun ingame right now, but like BFA, some of Shadowlands main features (The Maw and Torghast) seems either unfinished, undesigned or simply a bad idea.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The problem with the maw and torghast being the main focus zones throughout the expansion is they have a worse color palette than vanguard. They are both generic and boring as hell to just be in even aside from the bad play designs. They’d be fine as ancillary content since the stark nature makes sense for what they are.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think the Maw is awesome. Main is already max rep + full sockets, alt is almost max rep, War Mode On the entire time on both.

It's a very old-school ganking/kill stealing rares zone with some actual risk.