World of Warcraft: Current Year

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Boomkin relies on elite play.

Fire is lower skillcap and more base aoe than boomkin. Looks like many comps want to sacrifice some ST potential and pick up more aoe with fire mage.

Its ass tearing work for a boomkin to hold decent aoe. Boomkin is still unseated as #1 boss assassin ST. But the ST difference between fire mage and boomkin is close enough to where fire may become the new MM in terms of class stacking.

MM was never ultimate meta. They were strong and very popular heading into SL. Now that gear has caught up they're in decline.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 330355

7th week runs are in. Following up as predicted and stated, boomkin continues to trend upward in 15-20 keys.

This marks a trend from the previous update which had MM more dominant. The graph now favors Boomkins and fire mage over MM in average 20's, which of course indicates that MM is not really meta, MM is strong and simply just popular, as we can observe the share of MM runs in decline as boomkins and fire mages both continue to trend upward as MM share begins to wane a bit.

Although in the top runs MM maintains its dominance, but is fading week after week-- as I predicted.

Hell I saw some vid a week or two ago after some changes that had MM middle of the pack (this was for the Raid, though). Boomkin were still way up there, though.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
I was surprised to not see more Boomkin in MDI with tyrannical affixes. On live, no one pushes during tyrannical, so it's more understandable that boomkin aren't the top pushers. Might be because they actually pull 1-2 packs with bosses even in +18 tyrannical lol.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Boomkin relies on elite play.

Fire is lower skillcap and more base aoe than boomkin. Looks like many comps want to sacrifice some ST potential and pick up more aoe with fire mage.

Its ass tearing work for a boomkin to hold decent aoe. Boomkin is still unseated as #1 boss assassin ST. But the ST difference between fire mage and boomkin is close enough to where fire may become the new MM in terms of class stacking.

MM was never ultimate meta. They were strong and very popular heading into SL. Now that gear has caught up they're in decline.

Yea, random pug groups are definitely more elite play than MDI groups, you're right.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1-2 wrong rotations from a boomkin can kill a key.

its why you see such a variance between boss damage. 9k-16k ST variances on bosses. Its one of the more complicated classes like a Ferrari compared to MM and Fire mage.

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Its too high risk to run boomkin competitively, but will be ultimate meta in 20 keys as demonstrated by the data trend in 20 key runs.

Daidraco

I'm just trying to find the reason you are so invested in showing this forum that Balance Druids are doing well at high keys? Again, I dont recall anyone shitting on the spec here.

Then again, Chris is adamant about showing us how well a controller does and I dont recall anyone caring about that either.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm at war with Jox

Each week he loses a smidgen of ground. In 8 weeks we should have a final conclusion.

Burns

I'm just trying to find the reason you are so invested in showing this forum that Balance Druids are doing well at high keys? Again, I dont recall anyone shitting on the spec here.

Then again, Chris is adamant about showing us how well a controller does and I dont recall anyone caring about that either.

Fuck you, Balance druids are trash and Jay is probably trash too, orange parces or GTFO!

• 1Truth!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Fuck you, Balance druids are trash and Jay is probably trash too, orange parces or GTFO!
Well I don't have any parses for you, but I got a little something from a 10-15 this weekend on my alt.

Boomkin held 42.2k DPS single target, which evened out to 22.5k ST or so for the duration of that combat sequence on the boss. Although he was over 40k dps ST for a good 40% of the fight in the moment, I didn't exactly set a stopwatch-- the group went berserk.

bm1.png

Sort of a foot in mouth moment for team "boomkin's suck". oh well.

Last edited:

Burns

Well I don't have any parses for you, but I got a little something from a 10-15 this weekend on my alt.

Boomkin held 42.2k DPS single target, which evened out to 22.5k ST or so for the duration of that combat sequence on the boss. Although he was over 40k dps ST for a good 40% of the fight in the moment, I didn't exactly set a stopwatch-- the group went berserk.

View attachment 330577

Sort of a foot in mouth moment for team "boomkin's suck". oh well.

Doesn't look like anything to me.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That won't be enough. You'll also have to pretend Hunters are totally not meta in spite of them being one of the highest represented classes in both raid AND M+.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Twisting Corridors makes me want to punch a kitten. Good lord it's just so fucking dull. I actually nodded off midrun.

• 1Worf

Daidraco

Twisting Corridors makes me want to punch a kitten. Good lord it's just so fucking dull. I actually nodded off midrun.
Nehrak will tell you. I got completely wasted climbing all 8 layers when it first opened. Only the last boss of the last layer fk'd me up enough that I needed to be sober. The thing that bothered me the most? After I finished it, I realized that I was already done with the Maw and finishing TC is nothing to brag about. Makes me laugh when people compare it to the Mage Tower in Legion. Like.. no.. its just a battle of attrition. Nothing at all like Mage Tower.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
First post-arena tourney tuning pass is out

1611430801926.png

Merrith

That won't be enough. You'll also have to pretend Hunters are totally not meta in spite of them being one of the highest represented classes in both raid AND M+.

Hunters are still pretty popular, that's for sure, but the Boomkin being OP as fuck is a real thing.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 330355

7th week runs are in. Following up as predicted and stated, boomkin continues to trend upward in 15-20 keys.

This marks a trend from the previous update which had MM more dominant. The graph now favors Boomkins and fire mage over MM in average 20's, which of course indicates that MM is not really meta, MM is strong and simply just popular, as we can observe the share of MM runs in decline as boomkins and fire mages both continue to trend upward as MM share begins to wane a bit.

Although in the top runs MM maintains its dominance, but is fading week after week-- as I predicted.
Hey guys where's Havoc?

1611462962422.png

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've been doing floors in between tickets while working. Finished TC5 today.

It actually makes work seem enjoyable by comparison.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hey guys where's Havoc?

View attachment 330743

I don't even want to post a Havoc parse. 99% parse doing the same damage as a 61% parse boomkin. "It'll get better guys, let's wait for gear, scaling, and a 99% parse". Nope.

7th week raid damage is in.

20% damage gap ST between Boomkin and what would be considered viable specs in BFA.