World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They'll likely add on more covenant stories that take it from 9/9 to 9/15, with storyline 11/13/15 needing honored > revered > exalted with the covenant. I would much rather have flying than the portal system, granted. But if I have flying, they better upgrade the teleport station another 2 levels to include faction home base and Torghast. But this could all be a big joke on us and all they do is give us the Flight Whistle back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Come to think of it.. A really "nice" likely never going to happen change would be to allow flying, and increase teleporters to Orgrimmar/SW, one in each covenant zone and one in Torghast. But thats wishful thinking at best.

Merrith

They'll likely add on more covenant stories that take it from 9/9 to 9/15, with storyline 11/13/15 needing honored > revered > exalted with the covenant. I would much rather have flying than the portal system, granted. But if I have flying, they better upgrade the teleport station another 2 levels to include faction home base and Torghast. But this could all be a big joke on us and all they do is give us the Flight Whistle back.

Not sure why they'd need to upgrade the teleport station. You already get an Oro portal at level 3, set your hearth in your faction home and you can get around anywhere quick. With the Oro port, Maw just a hop away and Torghast right next door to where you zone in there already.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Do you mean rep when you say tied to faction? People should be all exhalted ages ago at this point. When they say continue to complete stuff for your faction, I'm not sure what else they could mean other than the Renown stuff we do weekly. Maybe it'll just be when you finish whatever new campaign stuff they add for 9.1. I was just kind of being a dick and doing worst case troll everyone was all happy about "all you have to do is your covenant stuff and boom, flying once 9.1 hits!".

Was basically saying I wouldn't be surprised if they still dragged it out and their idea of "keep doing stuff for your covenant" was getting to a certain point in the next set of Renown stuff and if it was another situation like the current one where we finished campaign at Renown 24, but still have 8 more weeks of doing the same 1k anima/X amount of rescued souls quests to hit Renown 40 to cap it.

Isn't that just making flying time-gated though? How is renown a grind when it's leveled up weekly based on weeklys?

Rep grinds suit the old flying unlock meta. Doesn't Night Fae have other factions besides Wild hunt, Midnight whatever, etc.

If other factions have similar side reputations that you grind via covenant questing and covenant WQs, then I could see it being faction tied.

I just can't see them doing a flying unlock for a time-gate thing. Renown isn't really much of a grind, its a weekly to me. Just seems bizarre.

Merrith

Isn't that just making flying time-gated though? How is renown a grind when it's leveled up weekly based on weeklys?

Rep grinds suit the old flying unlock meta. Doesn't Night Fae have other factions besides Wild hunt, Midnight whatever, etc.

If other factions have similar side reputations that you grind via covenant questing and covenant WQs, then I could see it being faction tied.

I just can't see them doing a flying unlock for a time-gate thing. Renown isn't really much of a grind, its a weekly to me. Just seems bizarre.

That's what I was worried/trolling about, that it would be semi time gated in that way. It's very nebulous to just keep saying "doing stuff to help your covenant". Renown is a grind in the sense that the campaign/story stuff was done at 24. Frankly the rescue souls/1k anima quests are just busy work bullshit...and yet you have to do 8 weeks of that after the campaign is done to cap Renown at 40 and get all the covenant unlocks associated with that. The grind is having to wait in between b/c they barely trickle out any progress on that shit and minimal rewards with 2 Renown a week.

I think it's more likely that whatever new campaign they add in 9.1, you will get your flying mount and have it unlock once you've completed that portion of it (which still took 8 weeks to get to Renown 24 and complete the current campaign stuff).

Daidraco

You arent really time gated "much" by renown if you're just playing the game. G/f went up 6-7 renown this week just messing around/playing. She hasnt even completed the story quest yet cause shes doing other stuff. So really, she could probably go up quite a few renown more just by doing that on top of this week if she played enough.

Merrith

You arent really time gated "much" by renown if you're just playing the game. G/f went up 6-7 renown this week just messing around/playing. She hasnt even completed the story quest yet cause shes doing other stuff. So really, she could probably go up quite a few renown more just by doing that on top of this week if she played enough.

I mean if you were keeping up this whole time (which would have barely been much effort at all). When you consider the campaign ended at 24, and the anima/souls quests take like an hour tops unless you didn't leave some anima WQ's up to do, it's just laughable how slow 25-40 Renown trickles out. Log on for an hour Tuesday, get your 2 Renown, and nothing until next Tuesday. Literally no reason for it other than to make sure it takes an extra 8 weeks to finish it all out.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I used to think they had a good art team but FFS what the hell is this shit. Also the mount shit has become fucking absurd

sftos02.jpg

sftos03.jpg

sftos07.jpg

Merrith

Some of that shit doesn't look that bad. The new Maw Mounts are all right compared to the ass shit that is the Falkor lite whatever the fuck...and some of those transmog sets.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Going to let my subscription expire this month and I'll check it out in 9.1 to see if it's worth resubbing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users