World of Warcraft: Current Year

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
How I envisioned the system was a cutoff. Sub-10 key no prideful, and expanded incentives for tanks.

It doesn't make sense, but at the same time people are being denied content in the current PUG system who are qualified to perform it.

Who is being denied content? Everyone gets a key to do whatever they want with. My key is not someone else’s content unless I decide it to be.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Who is being denied content? Everyone gets a key to do whatever they want with. My key is not someone else’s content unless I decide it to be.

It all comes back to the lack of tanks I guess. And without a Dungeon Finder queue you can't incentivize them.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When even the biggest dick sucking Blizzard shill admits they are a pure fucking dumpster fire.

Sometimes I want to watch Bellular, but then he says just complete dumb as fuck bullshit. He likes and continues to raid because the systems outside of that dont effect him. Just made me roll my eyes. True, Anima may not have anything to do with his raiding - which I hope to believe that was his point. But to say he isnt being affected by them is just an atrocious understatement.
M+ queues make as much sense as a mythic raid queue. There are also no tanks to fill said queues and there never will be. Very few people can deal with the shitshow that is tanking M+ dungeons.
There is no "easy" way to fix that shit. I would opt for people to do a solo challenge run of the instance to put the standing in more comprehensible way - but even that wouldnt be enough to not have some ass hat DPS that stands in shit fussing at the tank for not doing his job. Besides, fuck tanking Mythic + in a high key. That is the most weak dick playstyle of a tank I have ever had to put up with. Tank job goes from knowing the routes, knowing others abilities often times better than they do (God.. put beacon on me ffs you dumb fuck), combined with the routes - knowing which mobs to pull for the easiest non backtracking percentage, knowing where to do shit like Prideful, and then.. making sure you're actually being a tank in the grand scheme. Now to do all of that PLUS running away from mobs in a direction that wont cause you to lose time, making sure that idiotic dumbass dps isnt pulling aggro on some random target and making sure you're not getting one punch manned.

Meanwhile in raid - Your turn.. okay, my turn... okay. You run that way, Ill run this way.. Okay, swap. Okay cool.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
That Preach interview with Ion just proves it’s not Acti-Bliz, it’s not Kotick, it’s not some bean counter, it’s 100% Ion who is an autistic faggot who has ruined this game.

• 8Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 9 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
"Players loved X, so we're not doing X"

"We'd love to hear more feedback about why you're not playing the game the right way"

-Ion

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Ion should really let Asmon interview him, but I think Ion is afraid of him.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Ion should really let Asmon interview him, but I think Ion is afraid of him.

I can’t imagine how bad that would be “Yo, Duude. Why the mount drop rate so bad duuudee yo, with McConnel in the background screaming unfuck ret you fucking faggot.”

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Araxen

I think Asmon would do fine. He has good takes about the game, and he would ask questions that would challenge Ion I feel.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Asmongold is an idiot. The guy playing Asmongold seems intelligent wrt MMOs. So, really depends on which character interviews him.

• 2Like

Daidraco

I mean when you play the game as much as he does, you're bound to get a pretty good understanding of its pros and cons. What I've noticed from just about all of the WoW mainstream streamers is that they are starting to throw shit at the walls lately. I can look past them being shills when the bulk of their content is based on the game, but its starting to get pretty confusing. Bullular, Preach, T&E, Limit, Asmongold etc. - they all praise and condemn the game within the same breath right now.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They all have invested a ton of time into the game and hate seeing it devolve into what it has become. Pretty much the same as all of us here.

Preach and Asmongold especially are particularly critical of its direction. Limit Maximum is a smart guy who's entire livelihood depends on Ion and "the team" keeping the game on its current trajectory. If raiding ever reverted back to WoTLK he would be out of a job because suddenly A LOT of guilds would be able to compete with his.

Asmongold stopped streaming for a while during SL. Whenever he stops streaming WoW's Twitch numbers plummet. Which creates indifference and disinterest in the game.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Merrith

They all have invested a ton of time into the game and hate seeing it devolve into what it has become. Pretty much the same as all of us here.

Preach and Asmongold especially are particularly critical of its direction. Limit Maximum is a smart guy who's entire livelihood depends on Ion and "the team" keeping the game on its current trajectory. If raiding ever reverted back to WoTLK he would be out of a job because suddenly A LOT of guilds would be able to compete with his.

Asmongold stopped streaming for a while during SL. Whenever he stops streaming WoW's Twitch numbers plummet. Which creates indifference and disinterest in the game.

Yeah we all have the luxury of just quitting and posting our free thoughts about how it all sucks, most of these guys make their living based on it for content. Honestly there's so much more that is shitty about the current state of it beyond the high end raid game now. The whole Shadowlands could fix a lot of stuff is totally dead in the water. If they're lucky, they'll actually miracle some good content for 9.2 to maybe get some people to come back. Not even sure they could muster anything on par with Mechagon and Nazjatar now.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I switch to YouTube and check his personal channel for updates whenever Asmongold goes missing for long periods.

AFAIK he came back sucking Blizzard dick again. I don't see anything in 9.1 that warranted streaming WoW again-- so it's just about money.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
When did he say that? I actually agreed with whoever said above that him and Preach had been a lot more negative in general to SL stuff of late.

On his personal YouTube VLOG while he wasn't streaming it. This was pre 9.05 around December I want to say?

So there was the expectation that SL would receive normal patches and content updates on time, when he made the statement.

If he's been tearing into it then I'm out of the latest. I'd like to see a clip or some example of that.