World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm not buying the 'COVID caused us to be bad' narrative from developers. Nearly every white-collar / office job over the past year has done the exact same 'work from home' schtick and most of them are doing just fine. I fail to see how the developers needed humans to be sitting in a specific room tapping away at their computers in order to be more effective than those same humans tapping away in different rooms. It feels like a cop-out.

• 4Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Blizzard's shipment of new scapegoat bullshit got stuck in the suez, so they had to go with some tired old bullshit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm not buying the 'COVID caused us to be bad' narrative from developers. Nearly every white-collar / office job over the past year has done the exact same 'work from home' schtick and most of them are doing just fine. I fail to see how the developers needed humans to be sitting in a specific room tapping away at their computers in order to be more effective than those same humans tapping away in different rooms. It feels like a cop-out.
I would guess that Blizzard has an overly controlling management and QA structure with lots of in person meetings and managers requesting multiple rewrites of features to have them adhere to whatever their shitty design philosophy they have for the current patch.

Doing that virtually is making it an even greater burden on productivity? Anyone know what it's actually like to work there?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is what they did during homeworking:

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
So instead of making Torghast less annoying with more rewards, they're making it much more annoying with no new rewards. Good job guys.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't see how the talents make it more annoying. You'll get progressively more powerful as the season goes on.

The only thing really annoying about Torghast is that you have to loot corpses for no fucking reason.

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
I don't see how the talents make it more annoying. You'll get progressively more powerful as the season goes on.

The only thing really annoying about Torghast is that you have to loot corpses for no fucking reason.
It's the M+-like torments they added that make it more annoying. So to make them less annoying they added a talent tree. Two more systems!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's the M+-like torments they added that make it more annoying. So to make them less annoying they added a talent tree. Two more systems!

It is interesting they had to remove them because people really reacted badly to it in the first place only to turn around and try to reintroduce them. My biggest issue in torghast is in the 6 floor runs you basically don't get enough anima powers to really make fun builds you just take what you get and only at the very end does any of it start coming together. If you get your reward on floor five that may even be more of an issue. I am willing to wait and see what the full implementation of this system winds up being but I think there clearly needs to be some more carrots or they are going to have to wind up like the first time removing sticks. Taking something people already feel is a chore and making it more annoying only to give you a tree to gradually make it less annoying is an odd choice.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The game was better when it didn't have all this M+ crap.

M+ was an awesome addition to the game. Ion just has a hardon for fucking over high end raiders and high end raiders were "exploiting" artifact power gains in low M+. And so began the systematic dismantling of what would otherwise be a great addition to the game.

• 3Like
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They might not even be the random Torghast powers.

What if they just give you a choice of random class legendary powers? One at 33%, 66% and 100%. That'd be fun at least...

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They might not even be the random Torghast powers.

What if they just give you a choice of random class legendary powers? One at 33%, 66% and 100%. That'd be fun at least...
I suspect if they do it at all it would have to be something like this. Some specific options and specific times. Mythics+ is all about learning optimizations to progress to higher keys. Totally random powers would in a lot of ways defeat that as some runs you get lucky and just roll a win others through no mistake would be harder. If they just say you get one of say 3 powers ad three times and those be consistent either per dungeon or per week it could work.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I suspect if they do it at all it would have to be something like this. Some specific options and specific times. Mythics+ is all about learning optimizations to progress to higher keys. Totally random powers would in a lot of ways defeat that as some runs you get lucky and just roll a win others through no mistake would be harder. If they just say you get one of say 3 powers ad three times and those be consistent either per dungeon or per week it could work.

Well, you have convinced me! Random powers it is!

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don’t see the problem. Oh no, ppl running 25 keys will need to fish for rng powers. Who gives a shit? Any affix that makes us stronger instead of adding further hindrance is welcome at this point.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
When people who's living is based on playing WoW think your design sucks fat dick, you know you fucked up.

• 1Like