World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Should have stuck with fucking exhaust pipes
I probably have that pic somewhere, but I can't even post it in this part of the forums.

I'll post it in FSR LOL

1627159133390.png

1627159049539.png

1627159204509.png

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Ravvenn really dodged a bullet here. She is better off without Furor

• 12Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I worked at General Motors for 6 years. The lack of red tape at smaller companies is intoxicating.

Unless I was paid ludicrous amounts of money I wouldn't go back to big corporate.
25 years at Bellsouth/ATT. I see shit with people in other companies having alcohol in their office or going out for two martini lunches and I'm like wtf? How can this shit be real in 2021? 95 degree heat and if you were meeting a customer/vendor/city official in the field your ass was wearing a tie up until just before I retired.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dreamhaven (Morhaime) said in their charter they won't prioritize microtransactions and short-term game analytics as a design philosophy.

Whatever they come out with is worth looking at (assuming it's not going to just be mobile)

Morhaime wants to return to the source. There's hope for gaming not being dictated to by a board room.
They are making a Card game, right? No thanks (unless its like Slay the Spire).

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ravvenn really dodged a bullet here. She is better off without Furor

You know, I remember her telling me that she caught him cheating with a girl at work. Or maybe they were just meeting at his work, I don't know, wtf did I care for anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You know, I remember her telling me that she caught him cheating with a girl at work. Or maybe they were just meeting at his work, I don't know, wtf did I care for anyway.
Was this before or after she started begging male acquaintances for narcotics?

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I remember reading a long time ago that Furor was basically a 30 year old security guard before Tigole got him a job at Blizzard, was any of that true?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I remember reading a long time ago that Furor was basically a 30 year old security guard before Tigole got him a job at Blizzard, was any of that true?
I remember him always playing Everquest. He was from the same server I was on Veeshan. I remember him playing 3 different characters. Kalaran, Kartak and Furor Planedefiler so he seemed to always be online. If he was one he must of barely worked, They usually work 10-12 hour shifts. Godamn I miss the good old days zoning into Crushbone and there was Dvinn waiting to fuck you up.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This thread is way more interesting and fun now, maybe Blizzard should do some sexual harassment more often.

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Damn I just imagined some exec at Activision wondering if they can microtransaction sexual harassment.

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They are making a Card game, right? No thanks (unless its like Slay the Spire).

Dreamhaven holds 2 companies, not one company. So were a card game in production it wouldn't have an effect on the other company from what I understand.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
WoW has been declining since the launch of TBC.

They made an imperfect semi sandbox that introduced their RTS and ARPG fans to MMOs.

Their real achievement was being a big name in RPGs with a lot of goodwill behind them and converting those players into monthly subs. The quality of the game wasn't necessarily the critical thing here, though it helped.

Square Enix did exactly the same thing, just focused on the Japanese market, so it wasn't a unique Blizzard accomplishment at all, something they are realising to their horror with the rise of FF14.

The good WoW expansions fixed some imperfections and created new ones being neutral in improving the game overall, the bad expansions just made the game worse. The game never got better, that's why Classic was so popular.

What the allegations do is paint a picture about why content updates are so slow despite budget/income, why game design issues only ever got worse and why they are going woke.
It started way before TBC. Its when they began to normalize everything cool about what made WOW into some spreadsheet balance BS. And we all know what happens when there is spreadsheet balance? everything becomes a big fat meh.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
One of my sister companies had a 5-star salesman (mid 6 figures a year) start banging one of the inside reps on the sly. They got sloppy. We have policies that strictly forbid it. We cut bait on both of them. Losing a great salesman and mediocre inside rep > better than lawsuit. We didn't hesitate for a moment.
At my last company, revenue-generating people could do basically whatever they wanted. Fuck and do coke in the office, no problem as long as you were generating leads or closing deals. Sleep with a client? Awesome. Rules were especially non-existent for sales people on the road. Meanwhile, in engineering, service, field operations, etc, the only rule was you couldn't date a direct report. When a semi-attractive new-hire was being onboarded to our NOC, a senior tech actually opened a ticket, in our system of record, titled: "Dibs on the Redhead."

• 2Worf

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
At my last company, revenue-generating people could do basically whatever they wanted. Fuck and do coke in the office, no problem as long as you were generating leads or closing deals. Sleep with a client? Awesome. Rules were especially non-existent for sales people on the road. Meanwhile, in engineering, service, field operations, etc, the only rule was you couldn't date a direct report. When a semi-attractive new-hire was being onboarded to our NOC, a senior tech actually opened a ticket, in our system of record, titled: "Dibs on the Redhead."

Mist Mist

In your estimation, how many times have you been sexually harassed or propositioned to in your place of employment?

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
If you read between the lines of the lawsuit, the thing about males not asking women for information in it: From the things commonly heard nowadays, it has become standard for males in corporate workspaces to not take any risks, and reduce interaction with women to a bare minimum. This is especially true for one-on-one interactions, behind closed doors, especially for both.

At the same time, if Blizzard HR really circulated confidential accusations of women, that would be highly unprofessional, and the whole HR department should be shitcanned immediately. I highly doubt that this was the case, and it will be hard to prove in courrt. On the other hand, the HR department should be shitcanned anyways, because they failed to protect the company from escalating things into such a public lawsuit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Automotive went through this shit too, around 1999-2000ish there was a HUUGE crackdown. When a few big news stories hit in the local, maybe even national news about big wigs and their golf outings with prostitutes and titty dancers. That business was all about pay for play back in the 60s-90s. Big stake contracts with tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers worth millions if not hundreds of millions of dollars meant those fuckers got wined and dined, and 69ed by call girls. Used to get huge gifts of furniture, electronics, vacation trips you name it. LOL talk about frat boys, those few in sales and the ones which controlled who those contracts went to back in them days lived like kings.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Mist Mist

In your estimation, how many times have you been sexually harassed or propositioned to in your place of employment?
My current place of employment? 0, I'm fulltime remote.

My previous place of employment, I shaved my head the second week and did just about everything to make myself as ugly as possible, project an aura of being absolutely no-fun, and still had to implement a 2-strike rule, which was never really violated.

When I worked at the university, pretty much constantly but it was a totally different vibe.

• 1Seriously?