World of Warcraft: Current Year

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
There's some genuinely scary stuff out there. Friend's wife was sure he was going to leave her, so she tried to off herself a few times, once on Christmas Eve. His next wife came home when I was there and she had a psychotic screaming red-faced and spittle breakdown because he kept her to the household budget that she previously agreed to. It is one thing to do that in private, but a whole different bag of worms to completely lose your shit in front of company.

I always end up with quiet bookish vanilla librarian types, which I find to be quite suitable.

Yep.. I had an ex who slashed up her arms and legs with a knife, then called police and claimed I did it to her. The ONLY way anyone believed me was I finally resorted to hidden cameras in the house to prove she was doing it to herself.

• 2WTF
  • 1Like
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
True story, they once found a fleshlight in one of the private bathrooms at my work. Probabaly like 10 yrs back. Anyway they made a huge fucking deal about this. They brought in the "experts" and we all had to take sex classes for a week straight. Then worse of all they closed the 2 private bathrooms down for good. took the sinks and toilets out plugged all that shit up and made them into closets.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
True story, they once found a fleshlight in one of the private bathrooms at my work. Probabaly like 10 yrs back. Anyway they made a huge fucking deal about this. They brought in the "experts" and we all had to take sex classes for a week straight. Then worse of all they closed the 2 private bathrooms down for good. took the sinks and toilets out plugged all that shit up and made them into closets.
I had that thing hidden in the fucking ceiling tiles, the only way someone would have found it is if they were going to hide something shameful of their own.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I had that thing hidden in the fucking ceiling tiles, the only way someone would have found it is if they were going to hide something shameful of their own.
Like anything the rumor mill was milling and I heard they found it in the sink, early morning. So it was either left from overnight or someone rubbed one out early in the morn.

This was a jap company at the time so much shame was brought into the workplace. And they made us all suffer for it for a while.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

lol... oh Furor. Getting drunk and loudly announcing you're going to marry some random girl from the SC2 esports scene that you just met. Then follows her to her car and 'grabs em by the pussy'. What was he thinking? Sounds like cringe college dorm shit.

Did you even read that? The girl went with him and his sister to his car that the sister was driving,AFTER all the stuff in the suite supposedly happened. Like why would you even go with them after that, just walk to your own car however "other side of the parking lot" that is. Would be even worse if he stalked her to her car and pulled that shit.

• 5Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Who in the hell takes a fleshlight to work?

Once again, I am vindicated in having a deep revulsion to public bathrooms.

Fucker

Log Wizard
And to think that all these years I thought that was water damage.

uyti.jpg

• 11Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 12 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Using an analogy of kids being molested is wildly unfair because we do not hold children to the same expectations that we hold adults. A child being abused by someone in a position of both authority and influence who seems to go along with it and not snitch is understandable. That doesn't hold true when you are talking about professionals in a workplace.

Obviously the big issue here is the complete lack of ethics in the company culture. As sieger and others said, you NEVER saw anything close to this happen in other parts of the software world, because management/hr would nip that shit so fucking fast it couldn't even approach this kind of rampant degeneracy. But there's a flip side to this, and it's the acceptance and victim culture that says nothing and lets it go. If you are molested and you say absolutely nothing for a decade and then when you find out dozens of others were subjected to the same awful experiences and THEN you say something? You helped empower that predator. You stood by while others were abused, with the ability to do something and instead doing nothing.

This entire culture of just accepting that grown ass adults are going to quietly not report while abuse continues and its ok because its scary to report and there might be repercussions... no, that's cowardly and dangerous and empowers the scumbags. The if you see something say something attitude needs to be pushed instead. Nobody wants to tell a victim they handled a situation badly. Nobody wants to tell victims that it shouldn't be victimS plural because it should have been identified sooner. Nobody wants to accept that sometimes doing what's right and being responsible means the possibility of hardship and you should do it anyway. Everyone wants to tell victims they can do no wrong and look past that you can have an entire decade of people getting piss drunk and sexually harassing while nobody stands up to it and that's apparently all on the drunks who aren't even getting in trouble.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
He left voluntarily. If being cancelled means living my life on the beaches of Kailua with a hot wife, then fucking cancel me..

How do we know the wife is hot and not some bulldog faced thing like this?

1627347398721.png

• 3Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Using an analogy of kids being molested is wildly unfair because we do not hold children to the same expectations that we hold adults. A child being abused by someone in a position of both authority and influence who seems to go along with it and not snitch is understandable. That doesn't hold true when you are talking about professionals in a workplace.

Obviously the big issue here is the complete lack of ethics in the company culture. As sieger and others said, you NEVER saw anything close to this happen in other parts of the software world, because management/hr would nip that shit so fucking fast it couldn't even approach this kind of rampant degeneracy. But there's a flip side to this, and it's the acceptance and victim culture that says nothing and lets it go. If you are molested and you say absolutely nothing for a decade and then when you find out dozens of others were subjected to the same awful experiences and THEN you say something? You helped empower that predator. You stood by while others were abused, with the ability to do something and instead doing nothing.

This entire culture of just accepting that grown ass adults are going to quietly not report while abuse continues and its ok because its scary to report and there might be repercussions... no, that's cowardly and dangerous and empowers the scumbags. The if you see something say something attitude needs to be pushed instead. Nobody wants to tell a victim they handled a situation badly. Nobody wants to tell victims that it shouldn't be victimS plural because it should have been identified sooner. Nobody wants to accept that sometimes doing what's right and being responsible means the possibility of hardship and you should do it anyway. Everyone wants to tell victims they can do no wrong and look past that you can have an entire decade of people getting piss drunk and sexually harassing while nobody stands up to it and that's apparently all on the drunks who aren't even getting in trouble.
Nobody reports because getting a new job is hard.

"I'll report when I have a new job lined up."

Then you finally get to the new job and just want all that baggage left behind. It's too much stress to file a civil suit. Example: I haven't sent a demand letter for the 20k in back overtime my last company owes me. They just got purchased so I don't even know how that'd work. I'd rather just focus on the new job, and the pay increase more than makes up for it.

• 3Pathetic
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Midwit
Reactions: 5 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider

I can agree with most of this, but keep in mind the DFEH investigation says there are clear instances of HR being notified and HR not investigating claims, and retaliating against people who made the claims. Those are people who did come forward, and if the claims in the DFEH filing are true, were retaliated against for it--that would then create a culture in which other people would have a logical reason not to come forward, because it just tends to get you punished.

Retaliation is a huge part of the legal piece of this. There's a pretty funny story about incompetence and sexual harassment that resulted in my sister getting like a $100,000 settlement. She was an office clerk for a small public utility (had like 12 employees), the public utility was governed by an elected three person board. The manager of the utility had resigned awhile before, and one of the elected board members was functioning as the quasi-President of the utility because they didn't really want to hire a full time President. The board member was an creepy old dude who did creepy old dude things. He would make inappropriate sexual remarks fairly daily at the office. My sister didn't really care much, but one of the other women in the office was targeted for some specific stuff. The guy started hitting on her aggressively, and despite being told to fuck off a few times, he started following the woman home after work, staying parked outside her house etc. After like 2 days of this she began pursuing legal action and let the company know she was in the process of getting a restraining order against the guy. The lawyer the woman hired reached out to my sister, and informed her that even just the comments he had made to her, would qualify as sexual harassment, and that she could be eligible for money, she could sign on with him and he would work on contingency as is common in such cases. My sister has been poor her entire life, so what amounted to basically free $ appealed to her.

A day after the lawsuit was filed, the utility holds a board meeting (note this is a public board, the meeting was public record), the board's council was also at the meeting in an advisory capacity. The elected board member who was the subject of the lawsuit said he intended to fire both of the women who had signed on to the lawsuit specifically as retaliation. The board's council said basically verbatim "that would be illegal retaliation and would be a major legal liability", but the board member basically bullied the other two board members in agreeing with him. So my sister and her coworker are fired. A few weeks later as their lawyer is basically making known he has all the documentation of the board meeting including black and white proof of retaliation, it sinks in to the board they have committed a fairly big civil tort and given the other side basically rock solid evidence of their deliberate action. They end up settling the case, my sister got around $100,000 for a job that maybe paid $15/hr and that she hadn't planned to work at for long anyway, the other woman who was the subject of more serious harassment got like 2.5x that. [As an aside, despite repeated suggestions by me on how my sister needed to properly handle the money, she blew the money within a year and did not pay tax on it, so the year after she had to enter a lengthy payment plan with the IRS for owed tax liability--there's a life lesson there about why poor people often remain poor forever.]

The thing about most cases of sexual harassment is it is often not easy to prove, it occurs (frequently) in 1 on 1 situations, sometimes with elements that raise serious credibility concerns (i.e. if both parties were drinking), but retaliation is usually much more documented and produces evidence. Federal law and most state laws that prohibit retaliation for claims like this do so for the reason that retaliation creates a culture in which people won't come forward--the most common employment violation that the EEOC for example investigates is actually workplace retaliation. It's also the most common violation that results in an adverse judgement for the employer.

• 8Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Maybe I would agree with this in the 60s through the 80s? But in the 2000s I call this a bunch of bullshit, sorry.
Reprisals happened even to me at General Motors for horribly petty bullshit. It's all just super passive-aggressive and the smarter managers just conceal it in performance reviews under other stuff. But you know the real reason.

It is very real.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
LOL all of you faggots are young lads. I was on my way to work at like my 3rd job at that pont. We watched the inrawwebs and listened to news at work, then before lunch they sent us all home.
I was playing EQ! Was working 2nd shift so was up late!

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, that was during Velious which is like the #2 raiding era of all time, only beaten by 1.12 in WoW.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
1,000 fucking employees signing a thing saying "Blizzard failed, we will be the change!". Do you think 90% of these people saw anything fucked up going on? Do you think 90% of them felt like they are working for frat douche party time rape company? Probably not. People want to be a part of a cause, they get to feel like they are making a difference, and are a better human being than the rest.
For what it's worth the 1000 employees didn't sign a letter saying they had all witnessed shit, they said they disagreed with ActivisionBlizzard's official response to the DFEH filing.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I would expect to lose my job if I signed a petition saying my job handled anything wrong.
The company did the only thing you can do in legal situations, deny, deny, deny. Also, there is never any apology that's good enough, so who gives a fuck what they say? There is no right thing to say. Have you seen the reactions to every execs personal apologies? People are like "his apology is meaningless, he had to have known, lock him up and throw away the key!"

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
In todays society, with every person on the planet walking around with a video and audio recorder ready to be deployed in an instant notice....

They either recorded it, or the shit didnt happen.

I have zero connections or loyalty to any party here, but unless there is some sort of evidence that something took place and was complained about at the time....I have a hard time believing it.

I , too, had a crazy ex at one point that made a shit load of accusations long after the fact and she couldnt prove anything she said, but at the same time since it was 8 years prior...I damn sure couldnt disprove it either.

If someone did something wrong and there is clear cut evidence of it, then punish them. If all the allegations are years after the fact and cant be proven...drop it.

Way, way too many instances of false allegations these days.

Disclosure: I havent followed this particular story. Just making general statements.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Stave

Potato del Grande
A new twitlonger me too'ing Furor again

Let me preface this by saying, actual rape is wrong and I believe rapists should be taken care of with a bullet. And in no way am I defending Alex or marginalizing actual harassment on the job. But damn people now days are such fucking snowflakes. Drunk guy, that she was willingly making out with, got a little loud and handsy at a party with alcohol... He apparently stopped when she asked him to. And she could have left at any time. News at 11. Also she blames the entire Blizzard company for not running in to her rescue, as if she is so important that everyone should be paying attention to her at a loud party where everyone is drinking.

Do you know how many parties and clubs I was at in the early 2000s where drunk stranger chicks would cup your bulge, or push up against you in the hallway rubbing their tits on you. Or turn around as they walked by and grind their ass on your crotch to the beat of the music. I've had chicks lift my shirt to feel my abs and loudly scream about my stomach to their friends in front of everyone. No one came running to my "rescue". I didn't expect women to "do better" and come step in and defend me from these other women. I've had chicks reach in my pants and grab my shit. They've grabbed my hands and physically placed them on their tits and even had a few stick them down their pants. I've had women stuff their panties in my pocket. I've had them try to follow me into the bathroom and corner me asking me to fuck them. Some were hot and wanted, some were not and it was not wanted. My God apparently I have been sexually assaulted so many times. I think I need therapy for my PTSD and a cool few million from my buddies who hosted these parties to be able to move on in with my life. In all seriousness though, what makes my situation different? Is it because I am a man? Is it because I could physically defend myself? Is it because I was attracted to some of these women and didn't mind? I just don't get it. Do we want gender equality, or special treatment? Insert nervous button choice meme. Seriously. Reverse the genders in ANY of these situations and I could have my own go fund me and be set for life.

One thing's for sure, I am so glad I didn't grow up in this generation. How the fuck is our species going to survive. Now days it's rape to whistle at a girl walking down a street. 10 years from now it will probably be rape to make eye contact or smile at a woman. 20 years from now it will be literally rape to even ask your partner for consent. This whole movement is about destroying men and masculinity. It hurts the legitimacy of people who really are actual victims or sexual harrassment or sexual assault. I'm starting to think maybe the arabs have had it correct all along.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1Brony
Reactions: 7 users