World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
For me Shadowlands was already kind of like a last chance for Blizzard to demonstrate that it still had its old chops. The disastrous Diablo Mobile bullshit, lackluster games like Heroes of the Storm, failing at a remaster of Warcraft III (how do you fuck up a remaster?), Battle for Azeroth being one of the worst WoW expansions following a rare late-Blizzard hit (Legion), Shadowlands was a chance to show they still had life. Instead we get an expansion which may actually fall below BfA for quality. Like any big studio Blizzard may shit out a good title here and there, but they're no longer anything special, and the name Blizzard on the "box" (digital these days) is no longer any kind of baseline indicator of quality anymore than an EA logo is.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
What, you guys don't have phones?

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What, you guys don't have phones?
gettyimages-1202993697-706afb7b9e5c0c63d377d988b8550e769835868b__01.jpg

Chris

Potato del Grande
Anecdotal, but I have seen a few of the smaller WoW streamers I follow start FF14 in the past week. And the entitled employees of Blizzard think customers wanting to play new content is part of the problem.

The sheer fucking entitlement that we have to pay a morally bankrupt company to sort out their culture as some sort of public good.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
If enough booze or drug use happens in my workplaces, it generally means bylaw showing up and handing out big fat fines to the offenders and the companies they work for. Parties on company properties have mostly been more "PG" from my experience. That's why we would generally rent a small golf course, gocart track, pool hall ect ect and throw our wild parties. Yep people fucked, relationships were destroyed, people got handsy, but it was all 100% personal responsibility, 0% company.

Pulling all this shit on company property and time sounds fucking retarded, and everyone responsible deserves whats coming. I'm honestly horrified some places actually work this way, how the fuck?

As far as allegations, not enough to go on. I really hope it was just "words" Furor was guilty of, I always admired the fella for taking a MMO hobby and turning it into a rockstar career at Blizzard. Sure he was an egotistical dick sometimes, but plenty of good stories too. Always hoped he would eventually return "home" after retiring, guess some things are not meant to be.

elbas

Molten Core Raider
One of the reasons this kind of stuff happens and will continue to happen is that lots of women are ignorant about what men are really like. I'm sure every man knows what the CEO is thinking when he invites a cute intern to dinner for a "mentoring session", but plenty of women are clueless. They truly think the CEO is just being a nice guy who sees potential in the intern and wants to make sure her innate business skills flourish. I can't really blame a clueless woman who truly thinks she's being selected for her business potential, but at some point we need to start spreading the message that men typically have ulterior motives and women should be assuming that's the case.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
we need to start spreading the message that men typically have ulterior motives and women should be assuming that's the case.
I think I get the point you are making, but this part, fuck no.

Men who can't keep their dick in their pants at work, still in high school/college mentality, and hounddogs are the only problem. The rest of us want to just actually work, then go home and have our fun and drama. We still make up the majority.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
One of the reasons this kind of stuff happens and will continue to happen is that lots of women are ignorant about what men are really like. I'm sure every man knows what the CEO is thinking when he invites a cute intern to dinner for a "mentoring session", but plenty of women are clueless. They truly think the CEO is just being a nice guy who sees potential in the intern and wants to make sure her innate business skills flourish. I can't really blame a clueless woman who truly thinks she's being selected for her business potential, but at some point we need to start spreading the message that men typically have ulterior motives and women should be assuming that's the case.
so are we treating women adults like adults or not? I can't keep track.

The problem is certain people tie their whole existence to their pronouns or some "group" they belong to, then every issue that remotely involves sexism,feminism,whatever group brings out the whole army of people who feel the need to defend their larger "group", and it gets away from the individual instances or circumstances. That's when people start getting tuned out because it becomes much bigger than incident A or B, and it's just group think and group fighting.

Pretty much the whole reason social media is ruining our society.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Calm down. Just because he rejected/dumped you doesn't mean all men are assholes. Are you sure you are an adult? Because this doesn't read like that at all.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
What are the employees hoping to accomplish? They want Blizzard to admit fault in the lawsuit? That is not how any reasonable company is run.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
If they are all gathering in a parking lot, that would be the perfect time for house cleaning.

• 10Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 14 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The demands:

That Activision ditch mandatory arbitration clauses “in all employee contracts, current and future.”

New practices for recruiting, interviewing, hiring and promotion that facilitate better representation “agreed upon by employees in a company-wide Diversity, Equity & Inclusion organization.”

The publication of data on relative compensation, promotion rates and salary ranges for employees “of all genders and ethnicities at the company.”

That a diversity task force be allowed to hire a third party to audit the company’s leadership, hierarchy and HR department. “It is imperative to identify how current systems have failed to prevent employee harassment, and to propose new solutions to address these issues.”

• 5Worf
  • 1Rimshot
  • 1Double Worf

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
The demands:

That Activision ditch mandatory arbitration clauses “in all employee contracts, current and future.”

New practices for recruiting, interviewing, hiring and promotion that facilitate better representation “agreed upon by employees in a company-wide Diversity, Equity & Inclusion organization.”

The publication of data on relative compensation, promotion rates and salary ranges for employees “of all genders and ethnicities at the company.”

That a diversity task force be allowed to hire a third party to audit the company’s leadership, hierarchy and HR department. “It is imperative to identify how current systems have failed to prevent employee harassment, and to propose new solutions to address these issues.”

They are basically trying to torpedo their own company (who was working pretty hard at it already) and most will be out of jobs, especially the lower ranking peons. Can't LOL hard enough.

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Truth!

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
They are basically trying to torpedo their own company (who was working pretty hard at it already) and most will be out of jobs, especially the lower ranking peons. Can't LOL hard enough.

After they sink Blizzard I cant see other studios wanting to hire these people so that they can make another stink as soon as they see something they dont like.