World of Warcraft: Current Year

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Just in case anyone still had thoughts that it was going to get better and that Jen and Mike were going to be able to turn it around for WoW.

Fuck it. Maybe we'll get talent reworks during an expac now rather than only during prepatch/beta

Some classes got left in a wreck in SL prepatch and the policy of no talent reworks during live seasons is stale now.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its been a long fucking time since I even touched a blizzard product, but who the fuck can look at that dude's picture and think that anything a team he hand picks will be anything other than a complete shitshow? Did cutting their dicks off make the Wochowski Bros movies any better or did it make them worse? The drama rolling out of that place is going to make them pine for the days of the Cosby Suite.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Did cutting their dicks off make the Wochowski Bros movies any better or did it make them worse?

It caused them to eventually no longer be able to work together-- and their studio, which was co-owned, was closed. Only Lana Wachowski continued on.

The politics that came along with transition were something their relationship couldn't survive.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
This chic is going to murder him one day. Look at those eyes. Jesus.

E7fTlYfVoAAWhJf.jpeg

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have a bad feeling that my grinding on Legion’s dick like a coked up whore is about to backfire on me. I haven’t enjoyed an xpac like that since WotLK or TBC. I played the ever loving fuck out of it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure Hamlet is responsible for modern WoW healer design? His blogs were usually pretty good, but they're the definition of the beep-boop systems focus EJ was famous for.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Im sure this just a formality to post it publicly but they will fill this postiton with Stephanie "The Vaxxed" Kurtsick so she fix all the toxic masculinity in the game.
I'm putting in an application. VOIP engineer -> game designer works as a career path right?

• 3Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Pretty sure Hamlet is responsible for modern WoW healer design? His blogs were usually pretty good, but they're the definition of the beep-boop systems focus EJ was famous for.
As a healer the best designs for Priest were Classic and maybe Pandaria. Not "Modern".

Classic had the Spirit vs MP5 gearing choice, it felt good having a ton of spirit and skillfuly choosing when to stop casting and regen, it also felt good having a ton of MP5 and being able to heal non stop. No idea why they got rid of that.

Pandaria had the Discipline DPS healer with Atonement at it's most powerful, was really fun being half a DPS and having auto targeting AoE healing. Of course it was nerfed into the ground.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm putting in an application. VOIP engineer -> game designer works as a career path right?
Only qualifications is being female, having purple hair and a couple Nintendo tattoos.

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As a healer the best designs for Priest were Classic and maybe Pandaria. Not "Modern".

Classic had the Spirit vs MP5 gearing choice, it felt good having a ton of spirit and skillfuly choosing when to stop casting and regen, it also felt good having a ton of MP5 and being able to heal non stop. No idea why they got rid of that.

Pandaria had the Discipline DPS healer with Atonement at it's most powerful, was really fun being half a DPS and having auto targeting AoE healing. Of course it was nerfed into the ground.
I miss the base attributes being relevant, period. They watered down shit so bad that they could just erase attributes altogether and put direct influence off the gear score for everything and be done with it. They "said" that it was to make gameplay simpler, and it sure af did for a short time for all the 8 year olds playing the game. But now, instead of interesting gear - we have 100 other systems to apply effects which is also affected by gear score. They've just been going in circles as far as Im concerned and its stupid af. Which also flies in the face of making the game simpler, and easier to understand. Ffs, go back to basic attributes and work up from there. Convoluted and mismanaged is putting that mess lightly.

As far as any class that has legitimately fun game play, they nerf that shit into the ground. Shadow Priest going into full sperg mode in Legion was hilariously fun to me. Instead of just outright crushing that playstyle and nerfing the DPS into the ground, they could have simply put a slightly higher sanity drain on S2M. Johnny Casual would have been better off using the other talent 99% of the time, anyways. The nerfs to classes I thought were fun is probably why I have a character of every class at or near max level. -edit- Man do I miss the Spriest Legendary from Legion. That weapon was so f'n bad ass in so many regards.

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I could make that happen. I imagine Olaf from Rock n' Roll Racing would get you right in?
I’m pretty sure you and I don’t see eye-to-eye on a lot of things, but I’d rather see a 20 year vet of WoW in that role than some random diversity hire.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Mist eeyoring it up around all those nose-haired fairies making them miserable just by her mere presence. It's just crazy enough to work.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Mist eeyoring it up around all those nose-haired fairies making them miserable just by her mere presence. It's just crazy enough to work.
Well you know damn well they won’t put another Furor in that role, but Mist might tick enough boxes to slip through the cracks.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Well you know damn well they won’t put another Furor in that role, but Mist might tick enough boxes to slip through the cracks.
And the irony of HER annoying the shit out of THEM would be totally lost on the pink-hairs who drove out all the gaming nerds who, you know, liked making GAMES.

• 1Solidarity