World of Warcraft: Current Year

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You also need to consider the amount of money whales spend on shitty mobile games and their items, it makes no sense but people do spend.

Apparently I'm stuck in the 2000s in terms of whale-factor estimation. You're right-- I don't know the current crop that is able to keep Blizzard at the top of the earnings report from 2019-2021 every quarter with LESS players than ever before.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
People who don't even play this game telling me, someone who PvPs regularly, how PvP works in this game.
You didn't pay attention the last time, either, did you:
stfu.png

Also, this clearly isn't a "no negativity in the dojo" thread. If you can't handle the discussion and criticisms about the current state of the game from people who played for many years, and their opinions where it "went wrong" you should probably look elsewhere.

I have the ten year anniversary orc rider statue, so I am forever entitled to bitch about those millennial players, and how they should get off my lawn.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They choose the weirdest hills to die on. There is no excuse for covenants being so restricted at any part of the expansion.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Trying to read his nonsense I can't help but picture him doing that thing where he looks up away as he's making shit up.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Dalien

Registered Hodor
It's the usual "ok fine we're making obvious changes, but we still have to let you know that we were right all along."

It's pretty clear that lessons have not been learned, and we're gonna see the same bullshit repeat itself in 9.2 and 10.0.

Unfortunately for them, they've alienated their players (even before the lawsuit) to the point where they aren't coming back until at least 10.0, if ever.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The fact he calls raids and m+ "Systems" upsets me for some reason. Like he's a robot with no personal care or involvement in the project and is just reading from a schematic or such written by a 3rd party.

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The fact he calls raids and m+ "Systems" upsets me for some reason. Like he's a robot with no personal care or involvement in the project and is just reading from a schematic or such written by a 3rd party.
It's actually even worse than that; it's that he views the game as a series of nested systems rather than an endeavor that's supposed to be fun to play in its totality.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's actually even worse than that; it's that he views the game as a series of nested systems rather than an endeavor that's supposed to be fun to play in its totality.

Basically, its not a game anymore to them. And that's their problem. They no longer treat it as a game or how to have fun in said game. It's all being designed around metrics, keeping people online as much as possible, around as long as possible and paying for things as much as possible.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's the usual "ok fine we're making obvious changes, but we still have to let you know that we were right all along."

It's pretty clear that lessons have not been learned, and we're gonna see the same bullshit repeat itself in 9.2 and 10.0.

Unfortunately for them, they've alienated their players (even before the lawsuit) to the point where they aren't coming back until at least 10.0, if ever.

Fine with me. The people who quit over 9.1 won't be running back via "we were right". Especially now that titanforged design was resurrected on steroids and will feature again most assuredly in 9.2

Let it lie, Blizzard made it's bed. I don't think anyone is checking for WoW before 10.0

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

I'd let him get away with calling M+ a system in BFA.

The fact its not BFA had me cringe really hard visibly when I read that part. All of the M+ "system" was removed for SL.