World of Warcraft: Current Year

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I was going to say .. Mount farming? But the numbers dont make sense. So.. Pet farming Spiritbinder?

I never cared about mounts or pets or mogs. And it was all done during Panda. Maybe it was for some currency or tokens? I can't remember

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
Pathetic attempts at who is the most pathetic! I finally got Nalak's mount last night after 1133 attempts - now that's pathetic. Just 3 Pandaria world mounts to go.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
NOICE! PTR 9.1.5 Development Notes

Several emotes have been adjusted:
Drool, cough, burp, fart, whistle, spit, and moon no longer change when used while targeting a player.
Pounce and groan have been adjusted when used while targeting a player.
4 new emotes have been added – Huzzah, magnificent, impressed, and wince.
Kick, stink, shake, and moan have been removed.

Developers’ note: Some of these emotes seem to have harmless intentions at a glance, but when used while targeting another player, their intentions can turn unexpectedly suggestive or intrusive. We’ve made adjustments to these emotes with negative connotations towards another player, while also adding a few new ones.

It's a good start, but I still don't feel safe playing this game. It feels like I'm being raped every time I login.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 8 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What a joke. I can’t imagine having to sit through a fucking meeting discussing the potentially offensive emotes in a game which is supposedly centered around war.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I can't imagine paying for it.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
What a joke. I can’t imagine having to sit through a fucking meeting discussing the potentially offensive emotes in a game which is supposedly centered around war.

Just imagine a group of people trying to out WOKE each other...

Well I made them get rid of the SPIT emote...
Well I made them remove Alex Afrasiabi from the game...
Well I made them turn titties into fruit...
Well I made them change Jessie McCree...
Well I made them remove the world blacklist from code...
Well I made them remove enslave demon...

and in an ever ending spiral everything WOKE turns to shit.

Screenshot%202021-08-21%209.33.26%20PM.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rime

<Donor>

Master Baiter, fishing supplies vendor in Krasarang Wilds, renamed to "Jiang Ziya" in 9.1.5 PTR​

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
lol, by the time they get done making this game a safe space you'll just be able to look at your character and nothing else. I can't believe upper management is allowing this kind of stuff to happen with their cash cow.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
lol, by the time they get done making this game a safe space you'll just be able to look at your character and nothing else. I can't believe upper management is allowing this kind of stuff to happen with their cash cow.
If you don't think upper management are the ones driving these decisions, then I don't think you've ever worked for a large company.

This reeks of classic PR diversionary tactics. "What can we do to make it look like we're addressing *a* problem rather than actually addressing the thing we've been accused of doing with documented evidence?"

Upper Management: "We've been accused of creating at toxic environment. What can we do to rid the game of perceived toxicity?"
Designer: "Uh, actually *you've* been accused of fostering a toxic workplace. *We* haven't been accused of anything."
UM: "Okay, but what can we do to rid the game of perceived toxicity?""
D: "I quit."

• 3Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
This is amazing. Each patch gets better and better. You can almost see the clown makeup being applied. I've never looked forward so eagerly to patch notes for a game I don't play.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
/impressed is going to become the new toxic emote, just watch

Seriously this is the internet they are dealing with. There is nothing that can't be turned toxic with a little gamer ingenuity.

In before you are no longer allowed to kill other players in PvP.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
They already don't trust guilds to not be toxic internally, see forced master loot. Going to have to start signing consent forms to send people tells.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
You can still teabag with sit/stand spam which arguably is way better than any emote.

• 1Like