World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nope. It's 'close enough to be WoW' for the ad, but isn't actually WoW.

Not even Blizzard wants to be associated with the garbage that is Coca Cola.

Interesting point of view, I suppose.

BobbyKotickCocaCola.jpg

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
The ratio on that video is great. 221 likes, 1600+ dislikes. Comments are good too.

This is a masterpiece of cringe unlike anything I've ever seen. Well done boys.

Pretty much sums it up.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
But at the same time a lot of muggles/casuals find the information about the game there.

What I found more interesting: Blizzard has an "user research team" that is hiring:
I couldn't imagine what goes through your head as the manager of a professional corporation to have an employee who publicly associates with your brand--as an employee--and also has a furry avatar.

The level of professionalism is absolutely embarrassing.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
There is a theory that Sylvanas wasn't supposed to be the end boss of 9.1. It should've been Kel'Thuzad. But then panic set in at Blizzard and they tried to speed up the story or go somewhere else with it, so Sylvanas had to be "redeemed" somehow out of Zovaal's clutches earlier.

This would also explain why the Garrosh cinematic looked rushed.

Another LARP theory how this will go on:

larp.png

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
WoW lore is retarded.

Edit: Another expansion headed by Ion and his "systems" cuckholds. LOL

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There is a theory that Sylvanas wasn't supposed to be the end boss of 9.1. It should've been Kel'Thuzad. But then panic set in at Blizzard and they tried to speed up the story or go somewhere else with it, so Sylvanas had to be "redeemed" somehow out of Zovaal's clutches earlier.

View attachment 378094
The lore from this patch setup a confrontation in the Sepulcher of the Old Ones where Mal'ganis would be present and a major player. This seems to be jumping the gun a bit.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm stuck waiting for a train and as a former blizz fanboy and former aspiring game developer... I have a pitch to fix WoW which I've been involuntarily thinking about.

1) The band-aid. Make Timewalking a permanent game feature as a top priority for 9.2 and give a free month to everyone once it's ready.

Alts can level 1-60 in any single expansion (exp designed to get them to 60 if they do most things) and every player can queue for every dungeon/raid they have unlocked and have it scale them down to whoever the lowest level player is or to 60 for raids.

You are free to choose any expansion zones/dungeons/raids but there'll be a monthly rotation which gives a exp/endgame badge bonus for doing it and transmog stuff based on the current rotation.

The purpose is to recreate what FF14 does in the WoW ruleset and concentrate players in the same expansion content to make that content more active. The exact detail can vary.

2) The fix. At the conclusion to Shadowlands, the Infinite Dragonflight fractures the flow of time on Azeroth and locks you out of the future.

Azeroth is shattered in different time zones. Each expansion will focus on one time zone (Ashenvale, Barrens, Lordaeron, Khaz Modan, Stormwind, Tanaris) which will be a full old world revamp of that zone and the zones around it to the modern standard with larger zones and more detail (use existing art assets where possible). Yes it's a 6 expansion plan with a time skip.

There is an epic scenario to unlock each one at the start of each expansion (like Battle for Undercity or Broken Shore) where the Infinite Dragonflight throws past threats from that zone at you.

3) The first expansion is "War of the Thorns" which you unlock by being thrown back into The War of the Ancients and fighting The Legion on your way back to the present.

After that you are in an Ashenvale X years in the future where both the Alliance and Horde are fighting each other. Alliance from a new Night Elf city in Hyjal and Horde from Orgrimmar. Zones are Hyjal, Winterspring, Felwood, Ashenvale, Azshara, Darkshore. You can't go into the other zones unless doing Cataclysm Timewalking.

There is a PvP campaign like BfA had where you defend your faction territory and establish bases in enemy territory in Warmode, eventually killing canonically faction leaders. There is also a traditional PvE campaign culminating in some sort of mutual threat in the ashes of Darnassus and you can have cross faction grouping if you are not in Warmode. Guilds are either Alliance/Horde exclusive or neutral cross faction Mercenaries, have a cosmetic bonus for each one but nothing which restricts gameplay choices.

Furbolgs are a new neutral race based on Pandaren rig.

Loot is classic style loot, systems are Jewelcrafting to customise gear and Glyphs to customise spells. No talent trees or borrowed power, switch between all specs at will outside of instances.

4) The future. Once the sixth expansion launches centred around Tanaris, drop the infinite unlock storyline as the world is restored and have it be a normal game again. Resolve the whole thing fighting Murozond in Caverns of Time. Now we can have the old world as levelling content and go revamp Outland or something.

Have less "story", just Alliance and Horde murdering each other for all time while big bosses drop in every expansion to make things complicated.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm stuck waiting for a train and as a former blizz fanboy and former aspiring game developer... I have a pitch to fix WoW which I've been involuntarily thinking about.

1) The band-aid. Make Timewalking a permanent game feature as a top priority for 9.2 and give a free month to everyone once it's ready.

Alts can level 1-60 in any single expansion (exp designed to get them to 60 if they do most things) and every player can queue for every dungeon/raid they have unlocked and have it scale them down to whoever the lowest level player is or to 60 for raids.

You are free to choose any expansion zones/dungeons/raids but there'll be a monthly rotation which gives a exp/endgame badge bonus for doing it and transmog stuff based on the current rotation.

The purpose is to recreate what FF14 does in the WoW ruleset and concentrate players in the same expansion content to make that content more active. The exact detail can vary.

2) The fix. At the conclusion to Shadowlands, the Infinite Dragonflight fractures the flow of time on Azeroth and locks you out of the future.

Azeroth is shattered in different time zones. Each expansion will focus on one time zone (Ashenvale, Barrens, Lordaeron, Khaz Modan, Stormwind, Tanaris) which will be a full old world revamp of that zone and the zones around it to the modern standard with larger zones and more detail (use existing art assets where possible). Yes it's a 6 expansion plan with a time skip.

There is an epic scenario to unlock each one at the start of each expansion (like Battle for Undercity or Broken Shore) where the Infinite Dragonflight throws past threats from that zone at you.

3) The first expansion is "War of the Thorns" which you unlock by being thrown back into The War of the Ancients and fighting The Legion on your way back to the present.

After that you are in an Ashenvale X years in the future where both the Alliance and Horde are fighting each other. Alliance from a new Night Elf city in Hyjal and Horde from Orgrimmar. Zones are Hyjal, Winterspring, Felwood, Ashenvale, Azshara, Darkshore. You can't go into the other zones unless doing Cataclysm Timewalking.

There is a PvP campaign like BfA had where you defend your faction territory and establish bases in enemy territory in Warmode, eventually killing canonically faction leaders. There is also a traditional PvE campaign culminating in some sort of mutual threat in the ashes of Darnassus and you can have cross faction grouping if you are not in Warmode. Guilds are either Alliance/Horde exclusive or neutral cross faction Mercenaries, have a cosmetic bonus for each one but nothing which restricts gameplay choices.

Furbolgs are a new neutral race based on Pandaren rig.

Loot is classic style loot, systems are Jewelcrafting to customise gear and Glyphs to customise spells. No talent trees or borrowed power, switch between all specs at will outside of instances.

4) The future. Once the sixth expansion launches centred around Tanaris, drop the infinite unlock storyline as the world is restored and have it be a normal game again. Resolve the whole thing fighting Murozond in Caverns of Time. Now we can have the old world as levelling content and go revamp Outland or something.

Have less "story", just Alliance and Horde murdering each other for all time while big bosses drop in every expansion to make things complicated.
I like my idea better:
I'm telling you guys, Evil Gnomish Hackers are going to try to hack into the WoW servers to gain ultimate power over the the multiverse by controlling the source code, and unleash glitched versions of all old raid bosses upon the world.

• 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The only problem with that idea is that at the current rate of content coming out, nobody here will be alive to play 16.0.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
The only problem with that idea is that at the current rate of content coming out, nobody here will be alive to play 16.0.
Easy. Close down "Blizzard" and sack all the diversity weirdos and rapists. Open a new studio called "Inferno" and transfer the IPs, then rehire the Blizzard staff that actually did the work with some proven speedy RPG devs. I'll do 100% of the game design.

What I posted is a 10 year expansion plan and they already made revamped assets for most races in Legion/BFA.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Legion was better than anything FF14 has to offer. WoW doesn't need to be redesigned, it just has to not suck. They took a perfectly cooked steak, chewed on it, spit it out and rinsed it in water. That is what Shadowlands is.

• 3Seriously?
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

View attachment 378094

Sounds a lot like what people asked for in 9.0 was to get the fuck out of SL and get the Jailer into Azeroth for Cataclsym, returning back to the roots of the game. People on FOH even last year were asking for a Cataclsym-esque Azeroth reload.

Could be fan fiction on that basis since it basically draws off fan demands. But if it's a true leak and Blizzard copied fan demands that doesn't surprise me.

Mildly interested-- Azeroth definitely tugs on me. I'll have to make myself busy to resist the Azeroth aspects.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Have less "story", just Alliance and Horde murdering each other for all time
This sounds like defeatism. Although I would recommend for Blizzard to play into their own strengths instead of trying to compete with FFXIV in story and presentation. Especially when their game is clearly not made for machinima-cutscenes, especially those close-ups where the awful looking mouth flaps are visible.

If Blizzard wants to compete in presentation with FFXIV they have to catch up with their cinematography tech first.

Legion was better than anything FF14 has to offer.
That's 110% copium, otherwise Limit and Echo wouldn't have so much fun in FFXIV and try to do world first with Endwalker.

Legion was seen as a step into a better future after WoD, as it had lots of content, with class halls and their quest chains, which improved replayability for all your alts. Artifact weapons were an interesting idea, as they modified your spec gameplay, but their borrowed power system, and the endless spec-specific AP grind on top sucked hard. The cherry on top was the fucked up acquisition for legendary items that Blizzard insisted on until 7.3. World quests were a neat idea, but degenerated into tools for rep grind.

It's just that we thought "This is the first time Blizzard is doing something like this, surely they are going to learn some lessens on what worked and what didn't from this expansions, and then improve on their designs for the next expansion!" at the time.

Remember what players hoped for 9.0?

copium.jpg

Jox

Molten Core Raider
This sounds like defeatism. Although I would recommend for Blizzard to play into their own strengths instead of trying to compete with FFXIV in story and presentation. Especially when their game is clearly not made for machinima-cutscenes, especially those close-ups where the awful looking mouth flaps are visible.

If Blizzard wants to compete in presentation with FFXIV they have to catch up with their cinematography tech first.

That's 110% copium, otherwise Limit and Echo wouldn't have so much fun in FFXIV and try to do world first with Endwalker.

Legion was seen as a step into a better future after WoD, as it had lots of content, with class halls and their quest chains, which improved replayability for all your alts. Artifact weapons were an interesting idea, as they modified your spec gameplay, but their borrowed power system, and the endless spec-specific AP grind on top sucked hard. The cherry on top was the fucked up acquisition for legendary items that Blizzard insisted on until 7.3. World quests were a neat idea, but degenerated into tools for rep grind.

It's just that we thought "This is the first time Blizzard is doing something like this, surely they are going to learn some lessens on what worked and what didn't from this expansions, and then improve on their designs for the next expansion!" at the time.

Remember what players hoped for 9.0?

View attachment 378251
I've played ff14 before it became the thing to do and I haven't played wow since BFA, I don't need any copium. How are you drawing any conclusions about people having fun now in ff14 DURING SHADOWLANDS, to how good Legion was? Fucking retards, god damn.

• 1Picard