World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is this because it is too OP or something?
Dot specs are always a bit like this you wind up killing mobs while the dots still have a ton of duration on them so it winds up being mass over kill and not getting super great use out of them unless you are kiting things around. Great on bigger targets that last long enough to eat the full effects.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Dot specs are always a bit like this you wind up killing mobs while the dots still have a ton of duration on them so it winds up being mass over kill and not getting super great use out of them unless you are kiting things around. Great on bigger targets that last long enough to eat the full effects.
Did they get rid of the rupture thing that gave you back energy related to how much duration of rupture was left on the target?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What a clusterfuck this patch is. DK is missing runeforging, druid is missing cold weather flying.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Played out my trial week they gave me and still couldn't decide on a Priest spec. Will resub sometime next week after work slows down. What time I could play I just couldn't determine what would be the most fun as I do like to PvP but still dungeon crawl as well. If the guild needs a particular class or spec, i'm ready to heal.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
OK so there's an extremely technical and obnoxious facet of xmog collections that people should keep in mind when farming for things: items that are restricted to a class will ONLY unlock to that class even if the model is used on many class-neutral items that are acquirable by any class.

For instance, my old rogue has VanCleef's Pauldrons which are the rogue set from TotGC but even though there are no less than 3 druid equipable copies (2 from TotGC and 1 from old justice point vendor) it isnotunlocked on my druid.

This is somewhat frustrating because this means I have to go reacquire the 'class neutral' version of a lot of shit I already have.

Oh, and the really bad part? The item won't be tagged as 'not collected' even though it is not unlocked on that char because it technically is in your library unlocked (just not usable).

OK so there's an extremely technical and obnoxious facet of xmog collections that people should keep in mind when farming for things: items that are restricted to a class will ONLY unlock to that class even if the model is used on many class-neutral items that are acquirable by any class.

For instance, my old rogue has VanCleef's Pauldrons which are the rogue set from TotGC but even though there are no less than 3 druid equipable copies (2 from TotGC and 1 from old justice point vendor) it isnotunlocked on my druid.

This is somewhat frustrating because this means I have to go reacquire the 'class neutral' version of a lot of shit I already have.

Oh, and the really bad part? The item won't be tagged as 'not collected' even though it is not unlocked on that char because it technically is in your library unlocked (just not usable).
That sounds very much like a bug rather than an intended feature.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure why that would be surprising, if you loot something that is say Paladin Only, why would they then let you use that on a warrior or DK? Even if the skin is similar to something else?

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
If there is a skin that is 100% the same (in your case I think Spaulders of the Snow Bandit or Darkstalker Shoulderpads), I agree it should say on those items that they are not collected, at the very least. It seems like one of the many bugs that went through with the patch.

I tried to quest a bit on beta with a shadow priest, it's so unsatisfying. Losing DP and having to shadowmend after each pull is boring, it's made of paper and shield helps little to nothing, also void form when questing is pretty much wasted for most of its duration. There is also the fact that when I use Eruption to enter void form, I find Void Bolt on the Global Cooldown and I don't understand why, it's should be immediately available since Eruption has a casting time. Anyway it's not really a smooth experience, even though my shadow priest is item level 720. I know they perform well in raids, but for questing it was quite bad and not really fun.

Warlock: their quest for the Destruction artifact was the best I did so far. I like the spec and the artifact, good class considering that Demonology is also fun and even Affliction seemed okay when played on a non copied 100.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I noticed that I wasn't getting the "You haven't acquired this appearance" or whatever tag on gear I could wear but was not optimal; i.e., all armor types but plate on a warrior, etc. Is that intended? I thought if you could equip the item, it was transmoggable once equipped/soulbound.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Yes right now you can only get the transmog for your armor type and you can only use the appearance of your armor type too so only plate for plate, etc.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
What a clusterfuck this patch is. DK is missing runeforging, druid is missing cold weather flying.
Yeah my class mount on my DK just disappeared and I had to put in a ticket. I've heard more than a few stories of missing skills, items, mounts, and even flying skills.

I tried to quest a bit on beta with a shadow priest, it's so unsatisfying. Losing DP and having to shadowmend after each pull is boring, it's made of paper and shield helps little to nothing, also void form when questing is pretty much wasted for most of its duration. There is also the fact that when I use Eruption to enter void form, I find Void Bolt on the Global Cooldown and I don't understand why, it's should be immediately available since Eruption has a casting time. Anyway it's not really a smooth experience, even though my shadow priest is item level 720. I know they perform well in raids, but for questing it was quite bad and not really fun.
I've been messing around on my SP the last couple of days, and it's not horrible but it blows that the class defining mechanic, Voidform, is basically useless for everything but raiding. Also, as you say, the Eruption/Void Bolt casting/cooldown issue is pretty lame. Warlocks aren't much better, really. Both of my go to specs have shitty mechanics. Affliction with the Unstable Affliction spam and Demon with the Demonic Empowerment every other cast. Neither are very fun to play.

Fortunately just about every other spec that I've been playing for years feel really good. Short of going back to two-handers, Enhancement is the best it's ever been. Fury and Fire both kick ass, and Unholy is nice as well. Hell, even Combat/Outlaw is fun to play again. And as much as people complain about ability pruning, I'm loving that as well. I started a Prot Pally just to mess around with until the expansion and even with just a few skills it's been pretty enjoyable romping through old content.

Actioncam + new animations + GW2 UI = bliss btw!!!!

2vvnv39.jpg

Noahx

N00b
Almost makes me want to sub - looks very clean. Any huge drawbacks?

Having played WoD for just the story content/few raids - any large drawback coming back without having huge swells of gold?

Cathex_sl

shitlord
Almost makes me want to sub - looks very clean. Any huge drawbacks?

Having played WoD for just the story content/few raids - any large drawback coming back without having huge swells of gold?
Gold doesn't make much of a difference unless you're collecting pets and mounts. Great for "free" game time, however. I spent very little during WoD.

Malkav

French Madman
Getting back in the game without gold is still a bit of a pain. Stopped playing a month or two after WoD and I completely missed the money train.

Just got in Tanaan, and I'm like "Holy shit, I want to fly, what's the quickest way?" and realizing I could spend gold on Medallions, if I had the gold of course....

Cathex_sl

shitlord
True, there is the flying thing. But even if I didn't have flying, I'm way to cheap to level rep in that fashion. Definitely the fastest route though.