World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

xzi

Mouthbreather
Unbork Val'kyr is one of the handful of uncagable pets, and camping for it is pretty aids.

Boneshard & Ikky can take care of almost every single pet battle in the game. There's a handful you may have to switch up & a obviously if you do the dungeons you'd need more than just them but seriously they'll deal with 90% of the pet battles. They're also pretty easy to get.

A few (relevant) ones that stand out that you can't is like two of the microbot things on mechagon, and the two darkmoon pet battles

Boneshard -
Blistering Cold
Chop

switch pet

Ikky -
Black Claw
Flock

and pretty much anything is dead. I usually have my third pet as something with Predatory Strike (a lot of the raptor pets have this)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
If I'm dabbling back into retail, what's the best map addon to show me location of all treasures/rares, etc.? Is it still TomTom?

HandyNotes is probably the most used and updated. You can still get tomtom modules for most things as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
for the 4 of us still playing there's a weapon emissary up today for the first time in 8.3. 445 if you're high enough ilvl

useful for alts I guess

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
for the 4 of us still playing there's a weapon emissary up today for the first time in 8.3. 445 if you're high enough ilvl

useful for alts I guess

What faction? Horde and Alliance get different rewards for emissary

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Honored with both Rustbolt and Unshackled.

Cloak is at Rank 3 but will push it to 5 tonight.

Necklace is at 75. Overall ilvl is 425.

Not a bad catch up so far, haven't no lifed it yet. I do all the dailies in Nazjatar, Uldum, Mechagon, and the Vale. I think that's all i need to be doing.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Honored with both Rustbolt and Unshackled.

Cloak is at Rank 3 but will push it to 5 tonight.

Necklace is at 75. Overall ilvl is 425.

Not a bad catch up so far, haven't no lifed it yet. I do all the dailies in Nazjatar, Uldum, Mechagon, and the Vale. I think that's all i need to be doing.
Time to start doing M+ and pugging normie raids.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
No just scour lfg dungeons tab to spam join grps
The catch-up to get in to the end game grind isn't too bad honestly

Maybe download raider io addon, but you have to update it daily. Might help get started in dec groups

Really don't need a guild yet

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
I'd also join random 3s arena grps in lfg arena tab, or start your own and inv high ilvl melee. Won't be hard to get 1200-1400 rating to get a good # of essence stuff and guaranteed corruption item in chest. You'll also get a lot of random drops during that time in pvp that will likely help boost ya up more. It seems low geared people get pvp drops fast early on

Get at least 1000 rated before Tuesday
Just try to get melee heavy grps where your entire team can just burn down healers in the opener. At that rating, that should be your only goal, everyone smash healer asap

Rime

<Donor>
Corruptions should have 100% been disabled in ranked PVP. But of course it is not. Gotta keep that carrot dangling.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Much skill, super amazing, WoW PvP is totally not complete fucking dogshit and arenas were never just faggots pillar humping.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Much skill, super amazing, WoW PvP is totally not complete fucking dogshit and arenas were never just faggots pillar humping.
MMO PVP in a PVE game is always awful. I don't get why anyone would play PVP in this game. It had never been fun or interesting.

• 1Solidarity

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
MMO PVP in a PVE game is always awful. I don't get why anyone would play PVP in this game. It had never been fun or interesting.

I wouldn't say it was interesting or deep, but Vanilla pvp had its moments. Just getting some OP thing and running around in a BG wrecking people was fun. I think the real issue is when you try to take it seriously and attempt to balance it. Arena is boring as shit.

xzi

Mouthbreather
that guy getting 1shot is exactly what vanilla pvp is and it's fantastic

that said I don't even know if I'm gonna be getting even 1800 for the mogs this season, shit is aids. Of course most games don't go on long enough for you to get 1shot by infinite stars but that's not really the point