World of Warcraft: Current Year

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So what's the deal with the level squish? I assume it's coming in the prepatch. I've heard good things about it. I was considering doing some casual leveling shit while the xp buff was going on. I figure with heirlooms and 100% xp leveling is pretty fucking fun right now.

How is leveling now from 1-120?
Well I am/was leveling a new char and it's super fast atm yeah. I didn't do anything fancy and don't have full heirloom(but almost enough to the cap, I think 5 or 10% off), and basically I did 20-60 off Northern barrens, Ashenvale and Stonetalon(not that these areas are better than others, just what I wanted to check out since I haven't played cataclysms areas at all), 60-82 off borean tundra alone and was in the process of doing cataclysm shit after that pretty quickly but putting it on hold for now and focusing on working on the reputations since that buff goes away earlier. So overall real fast.

Mind you from what I read atm the alpha is stupidly fast too, but apparently they're gonna nerf that, which does kinda make sense. Their intent is that after doing the starting area for 1-10, you can pick any of the expansion and do that only for your whole leveling process until 50. Which sounds nice if you want to play the whole expansions and experience that whole thing. Currently on alpha though it seems to takes like 10-12hours at a normal pace to level to 50(where the SL stuff starts), so it's definitely off.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Last I heard the intent was for the leveling time to be similar to what it is without the 100 percent buff. U less you have something specific you want to do, download Azeroth Autopilot and follow that. You can level pretty fast with that.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It took me about 18 hours to get my hunter to 120, and I'm pretty sure I could significantly cut that down if I never queued any dungeons.

I also wasn't very efficient in 60-80 because I fucking HATE IT

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Last I heard the intent was for the leveling time to be similar to what it is without the 100 percent buff. U less you have something specific you want to do, download Azeroth Autopilot and follow that. You can level pretty fast with that.

Anyone know how Autopilot compares to Zygor? I don't pay for Zygor but I use it.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The guy who made auto pilot is a crazy autistic guy who solo levels warriors as his idea of fun. He constantly optimises the routes. I've never used Zygor before but AAP was super easy. Used it for like 3 toons now.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Supposedly AAP bugs out pretty hard when you hit draenor due to Blizzard changing the garrison map coords or some stupid shit.

Question on gear, I see a lot of pieces have intellect as a hidden stat and shit, does that mean that gear for the most part works regardless of spec? Like if I switch to healer, besides the weapons, I'd have decent healing gear right? Obviously I'm sure some pieces are specifically better for one spec or the other especially when there's a bias on certain secondaries like crit, and I'd have to get new shoulders/helm/chest for the azerite traits, but otherwise it'd work out kinda ok?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
It bugs out yeah, but only in the garrison. As soon as you leave the garrison it goes back to normal.

& correct, if a piece of gear has a grayed out stat, it will translate when you switch to that spec. Nice thing is even some shields have str & int on them (not all of them) so it's one less thing to worry about.

Azerite really should be spec based but it's not sadly.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Been doing some Legion shit to get rep for the other allied races and Suramar is really cool, love how much detail they put in the city. There's A LOT of quests though, and so far they give shit rep but from what I understand the 2nd batch of it(from the later patches) give a lot of rep so eh.

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah Suramar was pretty cool, even though the city was a bitch to navigate back then without flying. It was a good story arc.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah Suramar was pretty cool, even though the city was a bitch to navigate back then without flying. It was a good story arc.
Well I don't have flying and it's been going fine other than one quest that took me a bit of running around to figure I had to go all the way around and use one of the stupid elevators.

Might make a drug addict night elf later on. That and a furry midget they look surprisingly nice.

So far I'm not bohtering upgrading my gear cause it all requires raids and dungeons and whatever I don't want to bother with, just gonna do weeklies WQs and those events stuff, I'm at 420ish but haven't finished the cloak questline yet, good enough to fuck around.

Figure for now I'll just focus on doing all the reps, getting flying in BFA since that doesn't get added for free in BFA(will ignore legion since that one's removed from what I read) and maybe see if I can buy a token in advance after all that questing, getting a fair bit of gold doing all these fucking quests.

• 1Worf

Malkav

French Madman
I'm taking an alt through the zones to get the required rep for flying (fuck doing WQ for it when doing Drustvar not even to the end took me to revered for that zone).

How easy is it to raise the war campaign rep? I hope the quests give a lot. And what about Champion of Azeroth rep? Looks like there is only WQs for that? :/

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
I'm taking an alt through the zones to get the required rep for flying (fuck doing WQ for it when doing Drustvar not even to the end took me to revered for that zone).

How easy is it to raise the war campaign rep? I hope the quests give a lot. And what about Champion of Azeroth rep? Looks like there is only WQs for that? :/
War campaign is easiest because of the invasions, all WQs on the hostile continent, Arathi and Darkshore WQs, and daily quests for warfront funding.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You get a bunch doing the war campaign itself which you need to do at up to a point but yeah you get a ton of Honorbound rep just doing random shit.

The one you probably want to unlock early is Mechagon, there's a daily WQ there that gives a whooping 1700rep, so you can get that out of the way every day and slowly build up without having to worry about too much shit. Have to do the questline to open it, takes like 20mins or so.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Don't even bother with any other sources of rep for 7th legion (or the horde equivalent) until you finish out the war campaign. You get something stupid like 2k - 4k 7th legion rep doing some of the war campaign quests now. It'll be a waste of time to grind out WQs or other sources cause you'll come close to maxing just from doing the war campaign stuff necessary to unlock dark iron dwarves.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Heroic is nothing. You can kick as many times as you want and even fuck up one round without wiping. Now mythic, that is aids. Every single orb must be successfully shot to the goal in only three shots, every kick spawns a void add that continually casts raid wide fear, and a single mistake one shots the entire raid.
I thought the debuff on H prevented a single person from running the orb?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Its been a while since I paid attention to the exact heroic mechanics. There might be a debuff regarding being able to getting the kicking buff, but once you are able to kick you can kick the orb around like an idiot as much as you want. I was more referring to its okay to kick it a lot to get it to the goal. In mythic, since every kick spawns an add, more than 3 is gonna be a wipe.

xzi

Mouthbreather
If you cap doing weekly islands (they're fast as fuck now) it's an addition 3k rep per week for honorbound/7th legion

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider

In heroic you can kick it 4 times which lets one person do all the kicks but you do need 3 people to go in each round.

You get a debuff that prevents you from going again unless you have really low dps and dont kill her in 3 rounds.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
There is a debuff that won’t allow you to kick it multiple times in a row but if you position appropriately it wears off, so you can get more kicks. I think it only takes 2 kicks in most of the obelisks patterns. You need 3 people to soak still but I’ve solod the soccer bounce on shaman, monk, and DH. (Heroic)

xzi

Mouthbreather
man, I lost 6 AB winter brawls in a row so I went alliance mercenary and then I lost that one too lmao

everytime I entertain the idea of my next grind being honor level 500 I realize I'm fucking stupid. Not that it matters, most people that are 500+ are people that exploited in BFA prepatch and didn't get punished for it whatsoever. I definitely almost always regret not exploiting in blizzard games.