World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I like shadow currently. I'm a little worried for shadow in SL. Disc looks pimp as fuck in SL tho.
I do wonder about this:
  • Power Word: Shield: Invigorates your target with 2% mana or 20% resource.
Would this apply towards insanity? That would be something.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I love my Shadow Priest - I think playing that class is loads of fun. Something about Tentacles popping up to Mind Flay shit randomly, Bolts going everywhere, shades of your character floating towards your target, your dots just exploding and spreading to other mobs etc. - all that was just awesome. The overall theme of the class is something I can just get behind and enjoy. The problem for me arises from the fact that you have to learn two different rotations within the same spec, only to be half way down the DPS list on average. The effort versus reward for the class is just sorely out of balance in a bad way. Rewind to the release of Legion and that class definitely, in my opinion, has shown the brightest it has ever shown. They did everything in their power to nerf everything but S2M in the beginning, only to finally nerf S2M and not back track a single nerf to anything else for the class. Just a bit bitter that I enjoy the class so much but they just refuse to put the work into getting it back to a rewarding class to play.

I will not buy the long boi cause I think spending that much gold on a mount is dumb. Id rather sit on it and keep the mind set that I'll never run out of gold again in the game. I'll never need to farm another f'n herb again, I'll never need to play the auction house again, etc. etc. Even though thats the case for me, I agree that removing anything from the game, mount or not, just feels... spiteful? We all know why they are removing it - it's a final push to get people to get rid of that much gold. But if thats the case, why not just increase the gold price of it. They could even role play it "The Brutosaur Merchant is bewildered by the sky breaking - and will now charge 8 Million Gold"

Daidraco

I do wonder about this:
  • Power Word: Shield: Invigorates your target with 2% mana or 20% resource.
Would this apply towards insanity? That would be something.

Does not apply to your own character - but you can cast it on another Shadow Priest. I expect heavy nerfs on that cause 20% resources is pretty f'n huge for some classes.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I love my Shadow Priest - I think playing that class is loads of fun. Something about Tentacles popping up to Mind Flay shit randomly, Bolts going everywhere, shades of your character floating towards your target, your dots just exploding and spreading to other mobs etc. - all that was just awesome. The overall theme of the class is something I can just get behind and enjoy. The problem for me arises from the fact that you have to learn two different rotations within the same spec, only to be half way down the DPS list on average. The effort versus reward for the class is just sorely out of balance in a bad way. Rewind to the release of Legion and that class definitely, in my opinion, has shown the brightest it has ever shown. They did everything in their power to nerf everything but S2M in the beginning, only to finally nerf S2M and not back track a single nerf to anything else for the class. Just a bit bitter that I enjoy the class so much but they just refuse to put the work into getting it back to a rewarding class to play.

I will not buy the long boi cause I think spending that much gold on a mount is dumb. Id rather sit on it and keep the mind set that I'll never run out of gold again in the game. I'll never need to farm another f'n herb again, I'll never need to play the auction house again, etc. etc. Even though thats the case for me, I agree that removing anything from the game, mount or not, just feels... spiteful? We all know why they are removing it - it's a final push to get people to get rid of that much gold. But if thats the case, why not just increase the gold price of it. They could even role play it "The Brutosaur Merchant is bewildered by the sky breaking - and will now charge 8 Million Gold"
I dont think there is a shadow priest player in existence who doesnt think void form is the gayest thing ever from the playstyle point of view. Fucking thing is aids.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I haven't touched WoW since Burning Crusade. This latest expansion intrigues me, but after not playing for almost 15 years, I'm afraid I'd be totally lost and not able to catch up. It's pretty sad that this is still the best MMO on the market, and it's older than most of my nephews and niece...

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

I haven't touched WoW since Burning Crusade. This latest expansion intrigues me, but after not playing for almost 15 years, I'm afraid I'd be totally lost and not able to catch up. It's pretty sad that this is still the best MMO on the market, and it's older than most of my nephews and niece...

Games a far cry from what it was in Burning Crusade. Extremely easy to pick up and play though. Add together the fact that they are going to consolidate a lot of the leveling experience with the release of Shadowlands and you shouldnt have an issue "catching up" at all. I would not, however, play the game before release. BFA is just straight up vapid and laf and worth putting off till its absolutely necessary.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I figured out how we fix Shadow Priest. We remove every ability except Shadow Word Pain and Mind Flay, then bake all of the corruption effects into them!

Jox

Molten Core Raider
If you think one shotting people in PvP is fun, you probably have a small dick and should see a doctor about your self esteem

I don't find it fun but someone does, why do you want them to not have fun? Do you need Blizzard to decide what is allowed to be fun for you?

• 1Like

Merrith

I'd argue there are a lot of things that FF XIV does better, but it's definitely a different flavor of MMO and has it's cons/lulls in content as well with stuff WoW does to keep you more engaged at times.

One thing I think they are doing well for potential returning players is the 10-50 leveling experience where you can just level through individual expansions if you wanted to experience those stories/areas.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

You might think so but literally everything not the current patch of the game matters in any way shape or form. They bend over backwards to hand you everything possible to negate the entirety of the rest of the game "catch up" players. So everything you have ever missed in this game doesn't matter and you can honestly treat it as if it never existed in the first place. Welcome to modern WoW.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
You might think so but literally everything not the current patch of the game matters in any way shape or form. They bend over backwards to hand you everything possible to negate the entirety of the rest of the game "catch up" players. So everything you have ever missed in this game doesn't matter and you can honestly treat it as if it never existed in the first place. Welcome to modern WoW.

While as a returning player, that sounds awesome, if I were a veteran player, I'd be fucking pissed.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I'd argue there are a lot of things that FF XIV does better, but it's definitely a different flavor of MMO and has it's cons/lulls in content as well with stuff WoW does to keep you more engaged at times.

One thing I think they are doing well for potential returning players is the 10-50 leveling experience where you can just level through individual expansions if you wanted to experience those stories/areas.

One thing FFXIV spoiled me on is having one character being able to be every class and every profession. In part that is what killed WoW for me...all the grindy bullshit on a per-character basis and how each expansion made things more and more unfriendly to alts.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
One thing FFXIV spoiled me on is having one character being able to be every class and every profession. In part that is what killed WoW for me...all the grindy bullshit on a per-character basis and how each expansion made things more and more unfriendly to alts.
That and the fact crafting gear isn't total dogshit so you can gear basically every class well enough to do all content just by spending gold/crafting it yourself. It's just way faster in XIV to "level an alt" and have it raid ready so it's really common for people to play several classes in raids(for example having all 3 healers to switch depending on the fight, or casters generally having summoner/red mage and then black mage when they're comfortable with the fight, although with current balance you might as well stay smn). No rep to farm, no crafting to level individually on everyone, no keying to do, no cloak, no daillies/weeklies to do on all of your x characters and so on.

New leveling system might help wow a bunch though depending on how they balance it. Currently it's really fast to level, if they don't nerf it too much, at least it'll make the leveling part much faster. Depends on how much timegating there is with SL core mechanics and stuff though.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's actually not true. You wouldn't know because you don't play though. Keep shitting on something you know nothing about.

Good luck getting all your essences.

• 1Repost
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

That's actually not true. You wouldn't know because you don't play though. Keep shitting on something you know nothing about.

Good luck getting all your essences.

You do realize that you can clear heroic raids (I dare say Mythic, but as you say.. None of us do Mythic Raiding here so...) and do Mythic 15 content with "sub optimal" essences right? The ones that dont require you to grind out pvp matches for a week? Those specific essences you're referring to account for only minimal differences in the overall character sheet/dps spread. Corruption on the other hand.. is fucking retarded. But again, even with "sub optimal" corruption, which you can get from just doing a World Quest of all things.. will allow you to do ALL relevant content. I believe the saying is "Dont make a mountain out of a Mole Hill"? Lastly, Booze rarely ever leaves tank spec and tank spec essences are extremely easy to get - the most annoying one to get is the one from Naz and if you plan on flying in BFA - you're basically within 3-4 days (At 15 minute time spreads) of getting that one. You're such a f'n drama queen sometimes.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You do realize that you can clear heroic raids (I dare say Mythic, but as you say.. None of us do Mythic Raiding here so...) and do Mythic 15 content with "sub optimal" essences right? The ones that dont require you to grind out pvp matches for a week? Those specific essences you're referring to account for only minimal differences in the overall character sheet/dps spread. Corruption on the other hand.. is fucking retarded. But again, even with "sub optimal" corruption, which you can get from just doing a World Quest of all things.. will allow you to do ALL relevant content. I believe the saying is "Dont make a mountain out of a Mole Hill"? Lastly, Booze rarely ever leaves tank spec and tank spec essences are extremely easy to get - the most annoying one to get is the one from Naz and if you plan on flying in BFA - you're basically within 3-4 days (At 15 minute time spreads) of getting that one. You're such a f'n drama queen sometimes.
Oh, I realize that. Booze pretends that everyone needs mythic world first level access to clear LFR. Like not having master loot in his weekly LFR group was an issue.