World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Big shock, the dude who hates the game and wastes hours and hours reading about it like a gamecuck thinks he will hate the game. I, for one, am shocked and amazed.

• 1Repost
  • 1NPC
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
shock, the dude who hates the game and wastes hours and hours reading about it like a gamecuck thinks he will hate the game. I, for one, am shocked and amazed.

I know you are a fucking clown but not everyone wants to suck the Blizzard cock like you do. It might be fun double jumping and failing content on a Demon Hunter but anyone who plays the game beyond some blue parsing trash faggot who has never achieved any end game content they don't seem to be impressed.

Tell you what Fyff Fyff you pathetic cuck please feel free to tell us what you are excited about in Shadowlands, please go in detail so we can sit back and have a good laugh.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As I have said before man, you sound really angry, if you need to sit down and have a talk with anyone just let me know.

I'm excited to play some new dungeons. They look cool at first glance. There's a pretty big meta shake up coming which will also change the way things are played which is cool and always refreshing.

Seriously though. You are legit a gamecuck. You come in here and constantly watch as others play the game. We get it. You don't like it. You need to move on with your life man. This game will never be for you again. You need to accept that and just go elsewhere.

• 1Repost
Reactions: 1 user

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
How do you plan to hit 120 without touching BfA content right now? Or are you waiting for the 9.0 pre-patch? My initial pointer would be to level to get back into playing your preferred class(es) and wait for the 9.0 pre-patch and pick up the catchup gear. This should get you a leg up while leveling.

What i meant to say is how do I catch up to bfa content? Or is there just so much to do that its not worth it to try and catch up and just focus on hitting 120 and then waiting for shadowlands and just chalk the majority of the BFA expansion? Are there catch up mechanics like in legion?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
As I have said before man, you sound really angry, if you need to sit down and have a talk with anyone just let me know.

I'm excited to play some new dungeons. They look cool at first glance. There's a pretty big meta shake up coming which will also change the way things are played which is cool and always refreshing.

Seriously though. You are legit a gamecuck. You come in here and constantly watch as others play the game. We get it. You don't like it. You need to move on with your life man. This game will never be for you again. You need to accept that and just go elsewhere.

I like how you manage to avoid talking about any and every system and topic in that video. Not a surprise, for the constant Bliz apologist.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
What i meant to say is how do I catch up to bfa content?
Depends if you want to play the game now or are content with waiting for the pre-patch. Catch-up for Shadowlands is in the scourge invasion 2.0, which gives out item level 100 (445 now) gear:

If you want to play right now, then do so. Level to 120. Once you hit that make unlocking Nazjatar (up to the portal + visit from Magni) your first priority and afterwards get the legendary cloak. This will take you naturally to N'zoth assaults and horrific visions. Once you get the cloak (takes a while, lots of stuff and running around) hit the brake and progress a bit further through Nazjatar (which includes dailies), which unlocks Benthic gear (385, upgradeable to 415 or so - catchup gear for 8.2 - doesn't include weapons/rings/trinkets) and abilities to your azerite neck. If you have money the AH should have ilevel 400 weapons and some armor. Do some normal level dungeons on the side, which reward ilevel 400 gear now (415 heroic).

Your first priority is to increase you item level, which upgrades WQ and emissary item level rewards.

If you want to level a new class (and don't have an upgrade 110/120 token) waiting for the pre-patch with revamped 1-50 leveling might be more efficient.

• 1Barf

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
What i meant to say is how do I catch up to bfa content? Or is there just so much to do that its not worth it to try and catch up and just focus on hitting 120 and then waiting for shadowlands and just chalk the majority of the BFA expansion? Are there catch up mechanics like in legion?

If you are a fresh 120 and have never done any of the BFA content, it may not be worth trying to catch up. You would probably be better off waiting until pre-patch, as there will be easier catch-up mechanics then. However, I will let you know the best way to catch up and you can decide if it is worth your time.

1. Hit 120, ideally level in each zone until you hit friendly with all 3 zone factions (Horde - Voldunai, Talanji, Zandalari. Alliance - Orders of Ember, Proudmoore Admiralty, Storm's Wake).
2. Go to your boat, and get the intro to Najzatar questline (Horde = The Warchief's Order. Alliance = The Wolf's Offensive).
3. Complete this questline, which will get your heart of azeroth (necklace) to level 50.
4. The next time you zone, you will automatically get "The Black Campaign" questline. Accept this but don't follow it yet, your ilvl is likely too low.
5. Do your war campaign quests to establish a foothold in all 3 opposing factions zones. These quests are started on your boat.
6. Once these are completed, you should have world quests unlocked. World quests ilvl starts are 385, so fly around and complete all the gear ilvl missions to get your ilvl up.
7. After this you should be geared enough to start "The Black Campaign" questline. This is a relatively long and involved questline, but once you complete it, you'll have 1 piece of 430 azerite, 1 piece of 430 boots or waist & a 470 legendary cloak.

After this, you are kind of, sort of "caught up". The world quest ilvl gear goes up to 420 and is based off your current ilvl, so you can continue logging in every day & doing world quests that give you higher ilvl gear. Just doing this will get you to about a 415-420 ilvl.

There is a way to get your cloak to ilvl 500, which is doing horrific visions. If interested, you can read this guide. This takes some time, just due to the fact that you are limited on how many visions you can run, so it may not be worth your time.

Pre-patch will drop ilvl 445 equivalent gear (it will be squished down, I think it is ilvl 100, but it equates to 445). In my opinion, getting your legendary cloak then waiting until pre-patch is your best move. But if you have the time, you can do all the above.

• 2Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like how you manage to avoid talking about any and every system and topic in that video. Not a surprise, for the constant Bliz apologist.
I didn't have a chance to watch the video yet. My guess is there are a lot of complaints that only effect the top .1% of the game. You didn't ask me to analyze the video though. You asked me what I was excited for. I told you. If you want an analysis of why a 1 week covenant cooldown period doesn't effect me because fuck doing extra grinding for a .2% dps upgrade, I'd be happy to explain it in really small words.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didn't have a chance to watch the video yet. My guess is there are a lot of complaints that only effect the top .1% of the game. You didn't ask me to analyze the video though. You asked me what I was excited for. I told you. If you want an analysis of why a 1 week covenant cooldown period doesn't effect me because fuck doing extra grinding for a .2% dps upgrade, I'd be happy to explain it in really small words.

Fyff Fyff , BoozeCube BoozeCube didnt say anything about Covenants in his reply to Preach's video. Where did that even come from?

Balmung

Peasant
Oh right, you won't have pathfinder so you'll have to ride around like a peasant. feelsbad.

It's slow and painful. Literally everyone else around you already knows how to fly and they are probably scoffing at you through the screen. I just finished the 6 main Horde side factions, getting them to revered. Then I explored Mech and Nazj only to find out I would also need those two reps at revered to be able to fly. One is neutral and one is friendly. On the bright side I'm doing rep on my Demon Hunter so I can just glide, dash and double jump all over the place. On the other side, every other class feels very slow and clunky now in comparison when traveling.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
They announced double faction for all of September, so that will help at least. You can get mechagon reputation very quickly. Nazjatar will take a bit longer.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fyff Fyff , BoozeCube BoozeCube didnt say anything about Covenants in his reply to Preach's video. Where did that even come from?
That is what I assumed was in the video. Instead it was a video how you can do the content you want for your dailies which is a cool change and some info I didn't know about artifacts that, again, sounded cool.

I don't really get how anyone can take anything negative on shadowlands based on that video.

Unlike others here I will admit my assumption was wrong and I should not have included that sentence.

• 1Pathetic

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They announced double faction for all of September, so that will help at least. You can get mechagon reputation very quickly. Nazjatar will take a bit longer.

Navigating Nazjatar is such a huge pain in the ass. The zone becomes a million times better once you are able to fly.

• 2Like

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
Navigating Nazjatar is such a huge pain in the ass. The zone becomes a million times better once you are able to fly.

This is the truth. I avoided this zone for a long time and just started it today and it does indeed suck running around in.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Pain is temporary. Flying is ... until the next expansion! Do the unlock quest for the flight whistle in Nazjatar (PITA to get there though).

Balmung

Peasant
The annoying thing is I'm stuck in a weird position with the rep grind. On one hand I could unlock the allied races, get flying in BFA and use the double rep bonus to help me do it. On the other hand, rep for allied races won't be required, and I won't be spending much time in the old zone when the expansion launches.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
5tltv348ifk51.jpg

• 9Like
  • 6Worf
Reactions: 14 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mechagon you can fly for most of that time anyway using the free jet packs its basically only naz that is a bit of an ass pain.