World of Warcraft: Current Year

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
You can only really make the touch of death bug work if you can reliably get out of combat and swap your gear after. I guess night elf monks could do it relatively easily. ToD is also an easy ability to prevent taking much damage from, even with the scaling issues. It's not that abusable tbh, the story just got big because it further highlights how dumb their pvp scaling system is.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
1599068282005.png

Thank god.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Alright they have my attention. If they continue to rollback the GCD changes I'll buy Shadowlands provided it has at least BFA-quality questing experience.

They said it would never happen. This is a huge "listen to the community" shift in direction. They held out for years on this.

They have my attention-- and this more or less might decide whether I play Shadowlands or not.

It's a huge sign. GCD's were a major sticking point and rallying point for devs versus players.

This is bigger than just GCDs.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Bruh...

Do you forget the shitshow that was the necklace?
Do you forget the shitshow that was azerite armor?
Do you forget the shitshow that was 8.2 Naz gear?
Do you forget the shtishow that was corruption?

Every mechanic in BFA was horrible. Every one.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You really have to wonder how much Ion lawyer's his way to getting his way with the rest of the dev team. I bet those dev meetings are insufferable.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really only ever had an issue with the Azerite Armor, the pruning/GCD change, and the fact that Essences weren't initially account-wide.

Getting rid of that GCD is a huge change for me. I just think they tried way the fuck too many systems this expansion and spread their dev resources out too much.

Argarth

On the verandah
If there's one thing that makes me absolutely white hot with rage toward Blizzard, it's things like this GCD change and then the inevitable back-flip. FOUR FUCKING YEARS it takes them. Not just a patch cycle or two, oh nooooo... FOUR YEARS is a fucking eternity, and then they dismiss it all with little more than a hand-wave. Makes my blood boil. Fuck them.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
Still quite a few abilities that are on the gcd and shouldn't be. Taking serenity for WW off the gcd but not taking storm, earth & fire off is fucking retarded. Basically just trolling ww's at this point.
They must be reading this forum.

• 1Like

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Yes, they thankfully added a few more cds to that list. Definitely a step in the right direction. If they could make covenants spec specific, or do something to make them a little more playable, this could actually be a decent expansion.

• 1Like

Jox

Molten Core Raider
If there's one thing that makes me absolutely white hot with rage toward Blizzard, it's things like this GCD change and then the inevitable back-flip. FOUR FUCKING YEARS it takes them. Not just a patch cycle or two, oh nooooo... FOUR YEARS is a fucking eternity, and then they dismiss it all with little more than a hand-wave. Makes my blood boil. Fuck them.

Wait, BFA has been out for 4 years? Most cooldowns were only put on GCD in BFA.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I look over that list of abilities and I cant help but ask why some of them even had a GCD to begin with? I played a Mage for the first time in years for the beginning of BFA and only piddled around since - so seeing S2M and stuff like that on the priest with a GCD would have left me just puzzled af.

Argarth

On the verandah
Wait, BFA has been out for 4 years? Most cooldowns were only put on GCD in BFA.

Yeah, my bad, 2 years ago. I rage-quit BfA so fast, I must have fallen through a tear in the space-time continuum. So only half as mad...
/sheepish grin

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users