World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
"Anyone want to go t-mog farm in Nyalotha?"
"I would but... I don't think we can kill anything even if we get a full raid"

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
This isn't even remotely like the game I started playing in 2004, it's just the window dressing that is similar.

WoW is dead, and it wasn't some other "WoW killer" game that caused it, just slow suicide by lazy & stupid decisions.

I wish the real talent remaining in the MMO industry, would coalesce into a new studio, and make an actual good MMO. It's the future for fucks sake, shit is supposed to be fucking amazing for virtual worlds now, not stale, bland & boring.

This is what happens when suits, marketing & number crunchers take over a creative industry, with profit being the only thing that matters at the top. Less or no risks are taken on new ideas, which is funny, considering WoW was a bit of a gamble itself.

Imagine all the shit we've missed out on, because the ideas didn't fit into the profit making template that some uncreative twats came up with.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Strip out the bullshit systems, ditch this borrowed power bullshit, fuck off with world scaling, remove at least a couple of raid difficulties. Stop doing stupid shit with loot, learn to not go apeshit stupid with gear scaling.

Wow is fixed now lean on your art, CGI, and raid design team to carry you stupid faggots to victory.

Also fire Ion.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 5 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Also fire Ion.
Ion is just the public spokesperson, because they somehow realized they need to communicate with the players. Blizzard has always been terrible here.

As Kevin Jordan observed in one of his videos: Ion is slowly realiizing that viewing the whole game design through the raiding min/max lens is losing the other aspects of the game. Think about it: everything in the systems they added is purely for making things "interesting" and/or obfuscating for the simulation min/maxers. And it's pissing off casuals.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Ion is just the public spokesperson, because they somehow realized they need to communicate with the players. Blizzard has always been terrible here.

As Kevin Jordan observed in one of his videos: Ion is slowly realiizing that viewing the whole game design through the raiding min/max lens is losing the other aspects of the game. Think about it: everything in the systems they added is purely for making things "interesting" and/or obfuscating for the simulation min/maxers. And it's pissing off casuals.
Casuals love rpg shit like covenants. Anybody who wants to tackle challenging content knows blizzard can’t balance for shit and hates them.

Basing your game around escalating tiers of raid difficulty for less than 1% of your player base causes meta analysis to take over everything. But in the age of going to a guide to quickly get through badly designed systems to find the optimal solution is now the meta. They can’t put any of this back in the bottle. You will not get wow vanilla again, no matter how many Kevin Jordan farts you sniff.

WoW classic has a meta whether you like it or not, and when I was playing vanilla I knew warriors were bullshit overpowered even back then. Now everybody knows it in the age of streamers and autism powered guides.

• 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ion is just the public spokesperson,

Which therefore questions what this guy actually does:

1602231864975.png

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
You will not get wow vanilla again, no matter how many Kevin Jordan farts you sniff.
You sound very butthurt. Why don't you show aunt Neranja on this puppet here where Blizzard touched you?

No one wants WoW vanilla back in retail. It was an unbalanced game, but at the same time it has an audience full of autists and "world buff speedrunners" that like it that way. Let them have it. I enjoyed TBC much more because they removed the hybrid tax and took a first shot at balancing things. No one really wants homogenization, but at the same time you don't want to get the feeling of being carried by your team because you only do sub-par damage in fights that suddenly all have hard enrage timers and dps checks.

The problem with WoW retail is different, because the retail version has almost completely removed the need for social interactions in the game, which made the game interesting for many players. LFR killed normal mode family&friends raiding, LFG killed keeping people you enjoyed playing with on friend lists to build long lasting social networks. There's nothing you really need in social interactions in the games, which was one of the points in making an MMO.

On the other hand retail game design devolved into "look what interesting stuff we built!" It's like the design team was bored because adding 10 levels, a new talent row and tier set bonuses per expansion isn't worth their time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You know how much hiking you do in wow?
It’s funny. First time I showed my wife wow when we were dating (she’s not a gamer but doesn’t hate on it at all), she noted immediately that this game is just walking then beating up animals but really just walking.

i was leveling an alt at turn time. Can’t remember what was out then? 2012ish...Panda? Draenor?

• 2Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s funny. First time I showed my wife wow when we were dating (she’s not a gamer but doesn’t hate on it at all), she noted immediately that this game is just walking then beating up animals but really just walking.

i was leveling an alt at turn time. Can’t remember what was out then? 2012ish...Panda? Draenor?

If you're talking about MoP, then same as the guy with the stupid daughter, MoP was great and since your wife's already not into videogames she should keep it that way and watch them from over your shoulder like the annoying parrot she seems to be.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If you're talking about MoP, then same as the guy with the stupid daughter, MoP was great and since your wife's already not into videogames she should keep it that way and watch them from over your shoulder like the annoying parrot she seems to be.
Oh get over your fucking self. Only the thinnest skin blizzard apologist would interpret that as a negative toward the xpac. And panda was mediocre. Muh Corruptions and Cutscenes.

• 2Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
she should keep it that way and watch them from over your shoulder like the annoying parrot she seems to be.
Sadly Blizzard decided to go with the faggy panda April Fools joke instead of the awesome 2 headed ogre one.

• 1Truth!

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Lol when I played this shit back in Vanilla, was probably 16 or 17 and would always have friends over playing Xbox or whatever the fuck. They always told me to get off the gay ass "running game". All you do is run!

They just wanted to play Counterstrike (I think we were on 1.5 or 1.6 back then).

Man come to think of it WOW and CS have to be some of the longest running, massively popular, games still going on. Sure CS got a whole new engine upgrade (twice), but WOW has definitely gotten a few facelifts here and there.

• 1Worf